Guest Movie Review Submission
Would you like to share your thoughts on a movie you’ve seen with your fellow Fu fans? By doing so you would not only be helping someone that may
use your review as a basis for obtaining or viewing a certain film, but by contributing to SC36 in one of the many ways listed above (in the red nav bar), you will automatically be qualified for that current months drawing (as listed in the sidebar under CONTRIBUTORS MONTHLY PRIZE).
I’ve set up the Guest Movie Reviews in a similar format to SC36′s official movie reviews. The review has been broken down into 6 main sections, with 1 extra for notes.
1. PLOT - You can simply copy the plot description featured on the movie cover, or simply write your own. If you would like to copy one from a site such as HKFLIX, please list the site as a source.
2. THOUGHTS ON THE MOVIE - This is where you would write the meat of the review. List any pre-viewing expectations you may of had. Write basically your overall review of the film.
3. WAS IT FUNNY? - List here if the movie was filled with slap-stick comedy, or was deprived of any humor whatsoever. Write if the movie was so bad that it had some unintentional comedic elements to it, or also if it was a purely perfect example of a true kung fu comedy film.
4. HOW WAS THE ACTION? - Specifically go over your thoughts on the action. Was it hand to hand based fighting? Did it feature any training scenes? Was there a lot of swordplay? Was there a lot of weaponry used? Was undercranking (video technique to speed up the action) heavily applied on all the fight scenes? Was the action even good?
5. STANDOUT PERFORMANCE(S) - Of all the cast featured in the movie, whom delivered the greatest performance. A standout performance may not even be of an on-screen actor, maybe you think the fight choreographer was best in show. You may also nominate the whole cast as given an equal quality performance.
6. BUY OR PASS - List 6 reasons why someone should BUY or PASS on this movie. You can list all 6 reason towards Buy or all 6 towards Pass, or any mix of the two.
1. BUY this movie just for the last 30 minutes alone, NON STOP ACTION!
2. BUY if you just can’t get enough of Polly Kuan, she’s looking good in this
3. BUY to see some ‘Chinese Super Ninjas’ type attacks
4. PASS if you expect to see a lot of Carter Wong, he’s barely in it
5. PASS if you do not like to mix comedy with your Fu
6. BUY if you love those Chinese vs. Japanese plot lines
7. NOTES - You can use this section to list other films of similar quality, you can list a place of purchase, any facts you may be aware of pertaining to the actors, director, or fight choreographer of the film. Or simply write your final thoughts of the movie.
When submitting a review, please list the EXACT title as displayed on the movie cover. Even if you know the real name of the movie is, e.g., “Heroes of Shaolin”, but the movie cover list it as “Heroes of the Wild”. Please also list the distributor for the relese you reviewed, e.g., Deltamac, Dragon Dynasty, FLK, Vengeance Video, etc. By listing these correctly, if a person is interested in purchasing the exact version you reviewed, this will ensure they pick up the correct copy and not an alternative release that may be of inferior quality.
Guest Movie Reviews may contain explicit language but should refrain from including any demeaning comments regarding race, sex, religion, etc. Any review with explicit language WILL have a disclaimer listing it as so.
A review submitted must be original, of your own personal thoughts. Please do not copy someone else’s review and submit it as your own. If I come to find out a review submitted was plagiarized, I will delete it, and will no longer accept any further reviews submitted by this person.
There is no limit to the amount of reviews that can be submitted, I will add them to the site as quickly as possible. So please help SC36 in keeping the Fu alive and start submitting now!
After clicking on the Submit button down below, please wait to be redirected back to the homepage. This form does not seem to work with Internet Explorer, sorry. Thank you for your support, Buddha Bless You.