I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
inframan

How many people here eat ramen?

I love kicking back with some old school kung fu, or the occasional Japanese Kaiju, and chowing on some asian food. Ramen seems to be the fastest, cheapest and easiest.

Nong Shim has some pretty good ones, my current favorite is thier Hoo Roo Rook, their Neoguri Spicy Seafood is good too but its almost a little to spicy for my tastes.

Guest WuxiaFan
Nong Shim has some pretty good ones, my current favorite is thier Hoo Roo Rook, their Neoguri Spicy Seafood is good too but its almost a little to spicy for my tastes.

inframan - I think you need to Chiba Up!

:khi1h:

I like the Dr. McDougall's Misa Ramen and Hot and Sour Ramen soup myself.

:yociexp62:

I'm hooked on this Vietnamese noodle soup called pho, you can get anything in it, and on the side there's all kinds of hot sauces, fish sauce and other condiments you can put in to your hearts desire, I love spicy food, so I'm sweating eating mine:xd:

inframan - I think you need to Chiba Up!

Yeah I guess I prefer MSG to THC.

Tosh, here's a good one for you. I'm sure you know pho is pronounced as "fuh", a new restruant opened up in my area: Pho King. My wife hates driving by it becasue I always say "lets get some pho-king food, pho-king is my favorite"... you get the idea.

Tosh, here's a good one for you. I'm sure you know pho is pronounced as "fuh", a new restruant opened up in my area: Pho King. My wife hates driving by it becasue I always say "lets get some pho-king food, pho-king is my favorite"... you get the idea.

:bigsmile:lol that is pho-king funny!!

Guest Yi-Long

:bigsmile:lol that is pho-king funny!!

It was even funnier when Jay Leno made that joke 10 years ago in a section of 'headlines' (or whatever that segment is called) :angel:

Anyway, I occasionally eat instant noodles. Mostly chicken-flavour, but sometimes I get a 'bucket-ramen', where you pour your hot water inside the plastic container, and let it steam for a while...

First it was weed.....then it was alcohol....now it's ramen! I'm looking forward to the next installement of the "How many people here......?" series!

Seriously though, I live in Tokyo, so ramen is pretty much part of the staple diet here, and every region has their own particular spin on the dish! My current favorite is tomato ramen!

i know ive touched on this subject some time ago, but aside from always eating ramen, i become more inclined to do so anytime i see a period piece KF movie set in a noodlehouse or tavern were everyone is eating. i literally get hungry just from watching the movie....conditioning?

I saw a place in Atlanta called - What the Pho:xd: If you've never tried I highly recommend, thank me later.

For Japanese I like the soba noodles, stuff like this I usually go out for.

I usually eat Maruchen Ramen, the $1.50 for 12 packs and mix scrambled egg in it.

One time when living in NY, went to a Soba house with a friend of mine...had some awesome soba noodled with katsu-don.

I saw a place in Atlanta called - What the Pho:xd: If you've never tried I highly recommend, thank me later.

That's pretty funny, but obviously they're trying to be, I think pho king is the stuff of engrish.com and yes I'm down with the pho. I get the extra large take out once in a while I can get three meals out of it.

Here's a good Japanese ramen, Sapporo Ichiban with bean curd.

1926_default.jpg

I am jonesing. I got hooked on this really good ramen from Nongshim, called Hoo Roo Rook, its amazing with some shitake and a couple teriaki meatballs thrown in. Its unavailable in my area till March. :frown:

I used to eat it, now I don't. Not to rain on everybody's parade, but it's really bad for you, with its palm oil frying dry process for the noodles and MSG laden soup base that is saltier than a cup of sea water. It's good if you're homeless, I suppose, give you a hot meal for what, like 20 cents?

Real ramen is quite good, tastes nothing like the instant crap.

I love kicking back with some old school kung fu, or the occasional Japanese Kaiju, and chowing on some asian food. Ramen seems to be the fastest, cheapest and easiest.

Ahhhh... I used to love doing that! Have however given it up in favor of fruit.

mama noodles are my favorite... I would buy a box full of them for like 5 or 6 bucks at the Asian grocery.... I usually don't cook it in the microwave cause the radiation takes all the flavor out of it and it becomes soggy like hell... I cook it in the stove, boil that water, add some bok choy, won ton dumplings, beef stock, YOU GOTTA ADD SOME BEEF STOCK... If not, it becomes watery with no flavor and it'll be just hot water with raman noodle on top, YUCK....

167499_193136677365137_100000064182277_713893_732436_n.jpg

I used to eat it, now I don't. Not to rain on everybody's parade, but it's really bad for you, with its palm oil frying dry process for the noodles and MSG laden soup base that is saltier than a cup of sea water. It's good if you're homeless, I suppose, give you a hot meal for what, like 20 cents?

Real ramen is quite good, tastes nothing like the instant crap.

Yeah we're not talking about that cheap crap that has flavors like: beef, shrip, or oriental. That last one always cracks me up, what the hell is "orential" flavor?

mama noodles are my favorite... I would buy a box full of them for like 5 or 6 bucks at the Asian grocery.... I usually don't cook it in the microwave cause the radiation takes all the flavor out of it and it becomes soggy like hell... I cook it in the stove, boil that water, add some bok choy, won ton dumplings, beef stock, YOU GOTTA ADD SOME BEEF STOCK... If not, it becomes watery with no flavor and it'll be just hot water with raman noodle on top, YUCK....

My wife is addicted to this stuff - official meal for Thai college students

The Japanese love fuakin :tongue:

Seriously though, I live in Tokyo, so ramen is pretty much part of the staple diet here, and every region has their own particular spin on the dish! My current favorite is tomato ramen!

In Fukuoka there's a famous Ramen Tower (or something, forgot what it was called) with a nice selection of ramen from all over the country.

But that kind of places are a bit boring. The small ones are great. You know, the kind of place that has 4 seats, and you have to sit straight because there's only 70cm space between the counter and the back wall... and you're sitting between them... and listening to some insane country-pop-hybrid on radio.

Guest Yi-Long

167499_193136677365137_100000064182277_713893_732436_n.jpg

Only 5-6 bucks for a whole box? Damn, that's dirt cheap. Here in Holland, a box with (I think) 30 or 36 little packs of ramen/noodles costs something like 13-15 euro... (also at the asian grocery...)

I think I have one of those MAMA packs btw... not sure which flavour but I'll check ina few minutes when I take my pizza out of the over...