I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

CDiablo

Best Violent/Gory Kung Fu flicks.

When I rented Ricki-Oh from a Chinese video store, they warned me not to watch it while eating, it was that gory. If the violence gets too disturbing, watching it on tv is better, since you can stop it anytime the gore gets too bad. Or if you really want the gore, it's more effective to watch it on the big screen.

Saw it in the theater a few years back when Media Blasters had a 35mm going around, I already had it on DVD but it was worth checking out on the big screen. Remember when the head crushing scene used to be a graphic in a segment on the Daily Show?

Saw it in the theater a few years back when Media Blasters had a 35mm going around, I already had it on DVD but it was worth checking out on the big screen. Remember when the head crushing scene used to be a graphic in a segment on the Daily Show?

That was a fantastic Conan O'Brien clip if I remember right!

I think Inframan is correct. I think it was used on the Daily Show in the pre-Jon Stewart days when Craig Kilborn was the host.

I liked Riki-Oh but I thought it was more gory than martial artsy.

SPOILER: The dude strangling the dude with his own intestines is both laughable and revolting. How many movies can accomplish that with one scene? (If that was wrong to do, please forgive me.)

Sammo Hung's "Carry On Pickpocket" is really bloody at the end with some of the best fighting I've ever seen him do.

When I was stationed in Germany in the mid 80's a roommate hipped me to "Thundering Mantis". Wow! The end is absolutely mondo bizarre and surreal and comes out of nowhere. I love that movie.

And how has no one mentioned "Ninja Assassin"? That movie was nothing but a bloodbath from the get-go.

Shogun Assassin blood come out like a busted pipes and Acts of Violence with Lil Lim I recommend this to anyone looking for a movie that is fighting/violence I love the claw hammer scene

Its strange some movies are pretty devoid of violence and out of no where there are one or two scenes where something extremely violent happens(End of 10 Tigers of Kwantung ).

I watched this for the 1st time last night. It was alright. There were some cool bits of choreography throughout. But the ending?...........Yeah, man! Totally unexpected! Made me yelp with surprise and laughter!

I'm suprised no one has mentioned "The Big Boss" yet. Its not the most violent film metioned so far, but it had its moments.

I think it's because the original poster wanted something consistently violent and bloody throughout, combined with really good martial arts fights.

The first ones that came to mind were the first Sister Streetfighter and all six Lone Wolf

and Cub movies.

For a non martial arts series, the Female Prisoner Scorpion films.

Japanese films from the first half of the 70s were just insanely bloody and violent.

I think it's because the original poster wanted something consistently violent and bloody throughout, combined with really good martial arts fights.

Oh. You mean something like a martial arts slasher?

Yeah....that scene with the saw, gets me everytime!:tongue:

Yeah, me too. By the way, has "The Big Boss" ever been released with that seen in it? I have

two copies of it, but neither have the seen in it.

Oh. You mean something like a martial arts slasher?

here's the original posters thread starter....

So I have watched Chinese Super/Five Element Ninjas about 100 times since my brother first showed me the movie in December, and I have a taste for blood. So what can you all recommend as far as good violent kung fu movies go.

Its strange some movies are pretty devoid of violence and out of no where there are one or two scenes where something extremely violent happens(End of 10 Tigers of Kwantung ). Im looking for something with more consistency than that.

The only movie that I can think of that combines violence and good MAs is New Legend Of Shao Lin. The era of the movie does not matter(hence why its posted here) and I hope no one wants to reccomended Riki Oh cause that movie sucked. There should be good MAs to accompany the violence. Thanks all!!!

Here's one...

http://www.cinema-de-bizarre.com/catalog/item/4801996/6490557.htm

Has anyone ever seen this? I'm thinking about ordering it.

Bloodfingers! I have it. Got it from them, actually. Pretty good basher with a super gory ending. Their print is really rough, though. Think it is or was also available under the title Brutal Boxer.

Bloodfingers! I have it. Got it from them, actually. Pretty good basher with a super gory ending. Their print is really rough, though. Think it is or was also available under the title Brutal Boxer.

Is it as "violent" as they say it is??? I just ordered a copy of UNIVERSAL SOLDIER (George Lazenby) from them. Looks like they got some good stuff.

Is it as "violent" as they say it is??? I just ordered a copy of UNIVERSAL SOLDIER (George Lazenby) from them. Looks like they got some good stuff.

It's a pretty standard basher throughout most of it. It's all about the finale. The finale is more gory than bloody. You don't have the spraying blood effects. It's more... gross I guess (for lack of a better term). More like horror movie gore than martial arts bloodiness.

Hmmm. That sounds awesome. =D

Yeah, that ending makes the film. Plus it features Chen Sing (playing the baddie) which always makes a film worth watching.

Just beware of the picture and sound quality. It's ROUGH.

How about The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974) . I have never seen it, but it is one

of Hammer Film's Dracula movies( which tend to be very violent).

I liked it. Pretty lively flick. Good amount of action. Plus it's priceless just to watch David Chiang and Shih Szu engage in some bloody fight scenes while Peter Cushing watches... looking understandably confused. :wink: