I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

CDiablo

Best Violent/Gory Kung Fu flicks.

A number of those Shaolin Cycle films from Shaw Brothers featured a lot of blood loss. Sadly, at some point, it was decided to censor the blood by coloring the scenes either black and white or some other tint, kind of like the final fight of Kill Bill (the US Version). I wish they could find the original negatives and restore the gore, but I think that's never going to

happen.

KFS

True, true...but when Celestial Pictures remastered and restored the Shaw Brothers catalogue, the black and white color censoring as seen in movies like VENGEANCE and ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS was restored in all their bloody glory, as they were originally intended. I believe that the black and white color censor was only done for US audiences when they were distributed and shown here for years but I could be wrong.

Since VENGEANCE was already recommended, I recommend ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS aka 7 BLOWS OF THE DRAGON 2. Many violent, bloody, and dramatic deaths. One of my all-time favorites...

Guest WuxiaFan

Shaw Bros:

GOLDEN SWALLOW

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER

THE ASSASSIN

HEADS FOR SALE

FLYING GUILLOTINE 1 and 2 (anything with "guillotine" in the title will be bloody):smile:

Classic:

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE

DRUNKEN MASTER II

WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES

Modern:

CHOCOLATE

CITY OF VIOLENCE

FLASH POINT

IP MAN

KISS OF THE DRAGON

ONG BAK

THE REBEL

SPL

TOM YUM GOONG

Japanese (not including samurai):

THE STREET FIGHTER(1-3)

SISTER STREET FIGHTER(1-4)

Most Chiba flicks are good and violent, IMO. KUNG FU BOB can confirm that though.:angel:

Let's start with

Queen Boxer

Super Ninja's

Triple Irons

House of Traps

Blood Of The Dragon

Masked Avengers

Mortal Combat aka Return of the 5 Deadly Venoms

The Magnificent Ruffians

The Deadly Duo

5 Deadly Venoms

I'll think of more later :bigsmile:

I don't think any Jackie Chan movies could really be classed as violent or gory, at least not in the context of 5 Element Ninjas..

I hear you, but for anyone that's ever been sliced open by a piece of bamboo (I slowly raise my hand), that scene in the restaurant was wince-inducing and a bit gory.

I step away from this thread for a few days and get like 50 suggestions......Im not sure where to start. Im printing out a list of these suggestions and heading to my local Best Buy and FYE.

Im definitely getting the Tokyo Shock Flag of Iron that released a few weeks back, not sure what else yet.

Jeeze.......I didnt find any of the other ones I wanted. I did get Flag of Iron and it was good, Id give it a solid 7. Lots of good weapon fighting. The flag thing got a little old by the end, but still a great flick. The gore was pretty good, the chopsticks were sick.

Guest WuxiaFan
I hear you, but for anyone that's ever been sliced open by a piece of bamboo (I slowly raise my hand), that scene in the restaurant was wince-inducing and a bit gory.

THAT'S the scene I'm talking about! Also, the uncut finale was the most violent of any JC film.:tongue:

Spearman/Flag of Iron- In the last fight when Lu Feng puts that whole flag through the Spearman's chest, it was like his whole insides unraveled with the flag. There was something about the color of the blood in that film,the shade of red just looked more viloent than usual.

I watched the Streetfighter today.......absolutely awful.I guess the violence was there, but Im not even sure you can classify the movie as a martial arts movie. Perhaps Chiba was showing excellent form, but the action sequences were the most scripted I have seen in any movie ever. I cant believe how highly this is praised on imdb. Perhaps I am spoiled by everything made by Shaw Bros/Golden Harvest and most every other martial arts movie I have ever seen but.........just awful.

Guest WuxiaFan
I watched the Streetfighter today.......absolutely awful.I guess the violence was there, but Im not even sure you can classify the movie as a martial arts movie. Perhaps Chiba was showing excellent form, but the action sequences were the most scripted I have seen in any movie ever. I cant believe how highly this is praised on imdb. Perhaps I am spoiled by everything made by Shaw Bros/Golden Harvest and most every other martial arts movie I have ever seen but.........just awful.

:ooh: What! THE STREETFIGHTER is definately a martial arts movie, my friend. It is considered more of a cult classic than anything. I would also say that SF is highly praised on this Forum, too. Check out the Japanese Cult Cinema Forum. IMO, the SF set the standard for violent, hard style karate movies. What version did you see? IMO, the best version is the R2 UK uncut version. This was also the movie that put Sonny Chiba on the international scene. I found the fight scenes more entertaining than anything, with Chiba's hissing and groaning as he gathers his chi power before breaking limbs, gouging eyes, castrating rapists, etc. etc. Chiba was just an unfettered badass. :xd:

That's where we get the term CHIBA UP!! around here, as opposed to just "man up.":wink:

CD, You know... I liked Street Fighter for different reasons then you. I will say that I know how you feel in a way and I believe the movie does get ALOT of hype. But Sonny Chibas performance was awesome to me. It was just a cool character. I agree with you on the scripted moments but its a movie. Im on the search for violent and gory kungfu so heres hoping... BOOOP.... bump.

I thought it`s very enjoyable movie.Fight scenes I agree are not that good but there is action a lot and Chibas character is very cool.Sequel is also decent flick.Streetfighters Last Revenge is awul though and it has maybe worst fight choreography I have ever seen

^have you seen black mask 2 or black eagle? omg terrible

Hehe..I have not seen black mask 2,I think part 1 sucked already enough.

black eagle...Damme is very cool in that one.It seems he would have won fight at harbour in the end but then that agent comes and shoots him in the leg:squigglemouth:

Not top movie but it`s ok entertainment.Mainly because of damme.Sho Kosugis ninja movies are great but somehow he did not appear so convincing in black eagle:nerd:

Guest BobtheBarbarian

If your looking for gore, The Story of Ricki-Oh is gory as hell, it really reminds me of a GWAR movie. The movie is pretty ridiculously awesome, plainly because it's based on a manga.

When I rented Ricki-Oh from a Chinese video store, they warned me not to watch it while eating, it was that gory. If the violence gets too disturbing, watching it on tv is better, since you can stop it anytime the gore gets too bad. Or if you really want the gore, it's more effective to watch it on the big screen.