I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

CDiablo

Best Violent/Gory Kung Fu flicks.

So I have watched Chinese Super/Five Element Ninjas about 100 times since my brother first showed me the movie in December, and I have a taste for blood. So what can you all recommend as far as good violent kung fu movies go.

Its strange some movies are pretty devoid of violence and out of no where there are one or two scenes where something extremely violent happens(End of 10 Tigers of Kwantung ). Im looking for something with more consistency than that.

The only movie that I can think of that combines violence and good MAs is New Legend Of Shao Lin. The era of the movie does not matter(hence why its posted here) and I hope no one wants to reccomended Riki Oh cause that movie sucked. There should be good MAs to accompany the violence. Thanks all!!!

Five Fingers of Death/King Boxer falls into the Ten Tigers category, as the first half of the film has basic violence, then suddenly *BOOM*! Glorified eye gouge. But yeah, expect two eye gougings, a "decapitation aftermath", and a few blood gushes (including a massive suicide gush).

The Street Fighter is, of course, another great example. Hell, it was the first film to get an X rating for violence alone!

Five Fingers of Death/King Boxer falls into the Ten Tigers category, as the first half of the film has basic violence, then suddenly *BOOM*! Glorified eye gouge. But yeah, expect two eye gougings, a "decapitation aftermath", and a few blood gushes (including a massive suicide gush).

The Street Fighter is, of course, another great example. Hell, it was the first film to get an X rating for violence alone!

Agreed. Although in the future you may want to warn people of the spoiler for those that haven't seen the movie.

But yeah great call on THE STREET FIGHTER!!! Awesome movie that must be seen!!

I agree with Gorhama- I'm down with spoilers too. However, nothing could actually spoil THE STREETFIGHTER. It's too damn good!

Also check out these other two Sonny Chiba films- RETURN OF THE STREETFIGHTER and THE KILLING MACHINE.

From Shaw Brothers, you'd like VENGEANCE, SECRET SERVICE OF THE IMPERIAL COURT (I might be a little off on that title), and MASKED AVENGERS.

But nothing really tops the LONE WOLF AND CUB movies when it comes to bloodletting!

These all feature some good, gory martial arts action. Enjoy! :wink:

Agreed. Although in the future you may want to warn people of the spoiler for those that haven't seen the movie.

But yeah great call on THE STREET FIGHTER!!! Awesome movie that must be seen!!

Sorry guys, thought I kept it vague enough... didn't say who did what :tongue:

I've always wanted to get King Boxers DD release, but it's not in stores around me. I'll make a point to buy it online next time I do some online shopping.

I always stayed away from The Streetfighter movies because they were always in a cheap looking 2 pack for like $5. It makes me feel like its one of those awful cash in transfers. I bought a 5 Deadly Venoms DVD with a cheap transfer and it was awful. Hopefully I can find a good transfer of it.

I dont consider Versus or Lone Wolf and Cub to be martial arts movies. Versus is kind of a Sam Rami Evil Dead/samurai action movie. LW&C.....well I will say Ogami is the ultimate badass.....and the fights are usually lambs going to the slaughter.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

Sorry guys, thought I kept it vague enough... didn't say who did what :tongue:

No problem man!!

I will also add FLAG OF IRON to the list. It's constantly bloody thoughout and also "bloody" well done!!! :tongue: Seriously.....I'm a huge fan of this movie after recently seeing it.

I've always wanted to get King Boxers DD release, but it's not in stores around me. I'll make a point to buy it online next time I do some online shopping.

I always stayed away from The Streetfighter movies because they were always in a cheap looking 2 pack for like $5. It makes me feel like its one of those awful cash in transfers. I bought a 5 Deadly Venoms DVD with a cheap transfer and it was awful. Hopefully I can find a good transfer of it.

I dont consider Versus or Lone Wolf and Cub to be martial arts movies. Versus is kind of a Sam Rami Evil Dead/samurai action movie. LW&C.....well I will say Ogami is the ultimate badass.....and the fights are usually lambs going to the slaughter.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming!

The DD release of King Boxer is easily the best release of the film, by far. Hell, one of the few Celestial remasters of a SB film with the original credits, mainly because the credits seemed to be filmed rather than added in post. The DD release of 5DV is decent too, although lacking in the extras department.

As for The Street Fighter, those Diamond DVD two packs are pretty decent for their price. You can find them for about $3 each, with The Street Fighter and Return of The Street Fighter on one, and The Street Fighter's Last Revenge and Sister Street Fighter on the other. They're all in 2.35:1 widescreen, taken from the New Line laserdisc transfers. Of course, they're all only dubbed, and while The Street Fighter and Return of The Street Fighter are uncut, The Street Fighter's Last Revenge and Sister Street Fighter are the R-rated US theatrical cuts. The best DVD releases overall though if you're REALLY serious seem to be the British DVDs... although the full Sister Street Fighter series had a nice US release.

There are three pretty decent gore scenes in New One Armed Swordsman. Two scenes are of the same kind "gore result", but one near the end is quite memorable. Those who've seen it know what scene that is :wink:

Every Chang Cheh movie has a certain level of blood letting...but I think the 2 best examples which combine great story, good martial arts, and plentiful blood splattering are `The Duel` & `Have Sword Will Travel`, both with Ti Lung & David Chiang.

Killer Constable is also a great Shaw Brothers movie which has all 3 elements.

Shaw Bros: Want blood, you got it.

Secret Service of the Imperial Court (movies with long names rule!)

Usurpers of Emperors Power

Human Lanterns

Masked Avengers

Return of the One-Armed Swordsman

Killer Constable

The Black Tavern

The Boxer from Shantung (the last 20 minutes is very bloody)

I don't know if anything can top 5 Element Ninjas, it's pretty much the top of the heap as far as bloody martial arts action.

7 Blows of the Dragon (david chang gets all four limbs pulled off by horses)

Story of Ricki- this movie is ridiculously gory

Kung fu Bob is right all Streetfighters and Lone Wolf and Baby Cubs. (if you don't want to sit threw the long versions get the straight to the point Shoguns Assassins 1 and 2.

Jimmy Wang Yu's One Armed Swordsman

Shoguns Ninja- head flying everywhere.

Chiba up mean bastard

I dont consider Versus or Lone Wolf and Cub to be martial arts movies.

I wouldn't consider Verses MA but the LW&C movies all the way, weapons, flips, blood - breasts! :tongue:Some of the best, bloodiest movies ever made!

A number of those Shaolin Cycle films from Shaw Brothers featured a lot of blood loss. Sadly, at some point, it was decided to censor the blood by coloring the scenes either black and white or some other tint, kind of like the final fight of Kill Bill (the US Version). I wish they could find the original negatives and restore the gore, but I think that's never going to

happen.

Story Of Rick-Oh is notorious for the gore.

KFS