punt44

Chinese Super Ninjas Tokyo Shock Preorder Available

I was hoping for an October release... right in line for bi-monthly releases (June for Black Magic 2, August for Flag of Iron, and October for Five Element Ninjas). However, I hope MB/TS gives info for their next SB releases after 5EN gets its release. It'd be nice if they picked up BCI's films.

lol hkflix has over 4 alternate versions (on the right side). they sell every possible version of this movie. Widescreen Mandarin Dubb, English Dubb, Full Frame English Dubb, Cantonese Dubb with cheese.

Guest WuxiaFan
I wonder if it is uncut? At least for the most part.

It shows the same running time as IVL, so should be uncut.

says its due October 27th, this will be my 4th version of the film.

My 3rd version! :ooh:

Awesome!! I can't wait for this. I have the IVL version but would more than welcome the classic dub as well.

Same here, but want the classic dub, too! :smile:

One of the special features listed on the disc is a Lo Meng interview. I wonder if this is the one that Linn once spoke of, being shot during the Philly tribute.

I'm almost certain that this is the one Linn talked about. I'll know when I see it if Lo Meng is wearing the same clothes he had on that day. Damn he was cool. :wink:

"I did the right thing! Did I do the right thing?"

Never has an internal exploration of one's ideals been so succinctly captured.

Actually, the lines are--

"His guts are all over the place!"

And....

"Hmm...I was right.........was I right?"

Guest WuxiaFan
Actually, the lines are--

"His guts are all over the place!"

And....

"Hmm...I was right.........was I right?"

LOL! Can't wait.:wink:

Oh man... the whole opening monologue explaining the research involved in the making of the film is just mind-blowing. Just a big ball of vertigo-inducing confusion.

I just have one suggestion for the packaging: No more cardboard slip sleeves that go over the DVD case, please! They're just a nuisance. Sure, they look pretty with their embossed letter and designs, but you gotta take them off to get at the DVD, then they take up space if you don't want to stick them back in the sleeve, etc... Wouldn't they save a lot of money if they stopped making those? I'm not cranky, I'm just not a fan of sleeves on top of cases, whether they be DVDs or CDs.

KFS

I just have one suggestion for the packaging: No more cardboard slip sleeves that go over the DVD case, please! They're just a nuisance. Sure, they look pretty with their embossed letter and designs, but you gotta take them off to get at the DVD, then they take up space if you don't want to stick them back in the sleeve, etc... Wouldn't they save a lot of money if they stopped making those? I'm not cranky, I'm just not a fan of sleeves on top of cases, whether they be DVDs or CDs.

KFS

Ya know KFS, that's a really good point. Particularly with these Shaw films, where there is no guarantee that these films are going to make money, or that their releases will continue, or that the companies that produce them with stay afloat, maybe they shouldn't waste the money printing the sleeves. I release it's probably something like two sleeves for a penny, but it does add up, and I'd rather have, say, extra features than a piece of cardboard.

Yikes....I hope that doesn't change the rest of their release schedule for the next 10 movies. I was looking forward to KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM in December. I guess this happened before and they changed up the order, maybe they'll do the same here?? :squigglemouth:

Received an email from Media Blasters today confirming that the release of this has been changed to the 26th of Jan.

I asked about any change to the release date of Kid with the Golden Arm. When I hear a response on that I'll update everyone here on the forum.

Received an email from Media Blasters today confirming that the release of this has been changed to the 26th of Jan.

I asked about any change to the release date of Kid with the Golden Arm. When I hear a response on that I'll update everyone here on the forum.

Was any reason stated? I'm all for a delay to ensure the best release, but just curious. I just assumed it could be due to hunting down a Cantonese language track. Just a bit bummed we have to wait until December for their next release... they're so addictive! :tongue:

When I emailed them a few days back I didn't ask why and my response from them didn't include a reason why. Just didn't think to ask why I guess.

I'll send an email asking why.

It's better to have a delay and get it right. I'm disappointed but I'd be even more bummed if they put it out in Oct and it was sub-par.

I think Media Blasters understand how picky the small but fanatical market is for their Shaw line, so we can be thankful that they're trying to make 5EN the best it can be.