I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

TibetanWhiteCrane

Bey Logan Audio Commentary List

Well I've seen films that Bey Logan has written, produced, starred or whatever and because of that I just can't listen to the man's audio commentaries. They may well be insightful, interesting and sometimes better than the film in question but god damn it those films suck.:tongue:

sorry pops for the joke but really like sheng said you really should listen to some of his audio commentaries and forget your petty grievances. By the way you actually ripped up a signed photo of Donnie Yen just because Bey signed it?:neutral:

I just bought The Five Deadly Venoms DVD and finished watching his commentary last night. Bey sounds like he had some strong coffee or did some lines of coke before doing that commentary(not saying that's what he did, that's just how he sounded) because I had never heard him speak so fast. I didn't enjoy the commentary as much as I usually do when he does one, but maybe that's because I wasn't crazy about the film.

I disagree with a lot of his opinions but I am always entertained by him and I think he would be a super cool guy to hang out with. I used to have one of his books and I would occasionaly buy Impact magazine when I could find it.

It's a shame most recent Dragon Dynasty releases don't have his commentary(or any extras) because Bey's views and insights is usually one of the most enjoyable things of the DVD.

Not sure why Bey dislikes Ric Meyers or why people here seem to dislike him. The way I look at is that we are all fans of HK cinema and that should be a reason to get along even if we have differences of opinions on the matter.

As far as anyone being a prat, I have no idea what that is because I don't understand English-English and I take it that is some word from over there. I have actually never heard that term before visiting this thread.

...Not sure why Bey dislikes Ric Meyers or why people here seem to dislike him. The way I look at is that we are all fans of HK cinema and that should be a reason to get along even if we have differences of opinions on the matter.

The main dislike for Ric has to do with the bad information he has put out from his commentaries, books etc... Now some of the Ad Hominem attacks have gone overboard and I don't agree with name calling etc... But some of the criticisms of Ric are correct.

The English colloquialisms on here are a joy :D.

Logan is also a thief!!!

...so yeah I have beef with that arsehole!!!

Questioning his knowledge on commentaries is one thing, but this is pretty harsh. Bey was SO kind to me the few times I've had a chance to talk with him. He even called up my Kung Fu Theater group one night and chatted with us for a while during a viewing of "Flashpoint". He didn't even have to do that either. I thanked him afterwards and he said it was no problem at all. So awesome!

Look Sheng (nice name!!!I hope you are Chinese??) you dont know me, so dont call me a fanboy...I aint calling you names, I wasnt even talking to you!!, so WATCH your mouth unless you want to say this to my face!! If you do I will give you the address of the place I train at.

If I want to know about a film, I want to listen to someone who worked on the film not Logan talking about who he has met!!! just my opinion if anyone wants to tell me I cant air my opinions again do it to my face.

Originally Posted by popsjnr

I wasnt even talking to you!!, so WATCH your mouth unless you want to say this to my face!! If you do I will give you the address of the place I train at.

This is precisely the line of “argumentation” that pathetic lil’ internet haters of your ilk always resort to. Again, for threat-fllled drivel and hatemongering use your own shithouse instead of this forum. Or create your own “Why I hate BL” blog. Just don’t bore anyone here with your illiterate personal vendettas, “Popsjnr”.

Look Sheng (nice name!!!I hope you are Chinese??) you dont know me, so dont call me a fanboy...I aint calling you names, I wasnt even talking to you!!, so WATCH your mouth unless you want to say this to my face!! If you do I will give you the address of the place I train at.

If I want to know about a film, I want to listen to someone who worked on the film not Logan talking about who he has met!!! just my opinion if anyone wants to tell me I cant air my opinions again do it to my face.

Popsjnr man, come on, why are you always picking fights? Your getting onto these guys for sharing their opinions, but you lash out at people that if they question yours? Come on man. Nobody wants to fight, this is a martial arts movie forum so whats the hassle?

I'm sorry you never got your stuff back, so I understand your disappointment with the man but when people make comments why are you so quick to bring fists into it?

Oh, and by the by popsjnr fanboy isn't a bad thing. I'm a fanboy on a lot of things, for crying out loud, we are ALL fanboys, or girls, for being part of this forum. So just sit back and relax and let the mo duk speak for itself.

As far as I am concerned though, I enjoy his commentaries when I am in a good mood I guess. His knowledge on the arts are sometimes off, but its all good. I still can learn things and hey, its just another excuse to watch the movie and learn tidbits about actors.

I just bought The Five Deadly Venoms DVD and finished watching his commentary last night.

I wasn't aware Bey did commentary on this DVD

EDIT: I just checked the Dragon Dynasty site and it said Bey Logan commentary as a special feature, my version doesn't have it.

This is precisely the line of “argumentation” that pathetic lil’ internet haters of your ilk always resort to. Again, for threat-fllled drivel and hatemongering use your own shithouse instead of this forum. Or create your own “Why I hate BL” blog. Just don’t bore anyone here with your illiterate personal vendettas, “Popsjnr”.

So Sheng I am illiterate??? Wow that's a big word for you to write isnt it??? Why would I start an I hate Logan thread when I can do it here and laugh at replies from you. As for a shithouse-do you mean "a toilet"???thats what we have in my country-thats where your replies are written aren't they while your bashing your bishop...eh??

Crased justice I am not looking for fights I posted on this thread as I find it ironic that Logan is doing commentaries on Shaws now, when in his Prodigal Son HKL commentary he disrespects the studios output thats all...and as I have met Logan quite a few times just wanted to make it clear I have history with him

as for fanboy being a derogatory statement it depends how its said doesnt it...I dont believe Sheng is using it in a complimentary way. Anyway I am done with this thread....wasnt trying to create trouble...but mr Sheng do watch how you reply to people yourself, dont talk to people in that way unless you can do it to their face.

I find it ironic that Logan is doing commentaries on Shaws now

Now…?” You simply don’t know what you’re talkin’ about. The first Shaw audio comment I remember him doing was for MAGIC BLADE. And that came out in late 2002. Check the facts before running your mouth and shittin’ over people.

…thats where your replies are written aren't they while your bashing your bishop...eh??

“Bashing my bishop…?” Say what? You really need some councelling from your “teacher”, else you ought to look for therapy, man.

but mr Sheng do watch how you reply to people yourself, dont talk to people in that way unless you can do it to their face.

Better watch your language yourself and spare users of this forum your ill-informed, biased and pathological rants.

Please your scaring me....your so butch...not!!!

I have only just joined the forum but I have been watching HK movies for 30 years now...I know when Logan started doing commentaries for Shaws...I dont need you screaming abuse at me to tell me. I aint scared of you, your just a little "fanboy" hiding behind a keyboard.

And dont say anything about my teacher...coz Logan trained with him too...and he wouldnt be happy would he!!

If you ever make it to England-you have heard the football song aint you "two world wars and one world cup doodah doodah!!!!"!Essex Hung Kuen Unit 11 Kimberly Works Billet Road Walthamstow E1 London is where you will find me.

I dont want trouble but I wont run away from it

Guest Markgway

Is there anyone here Pops hasn't challenged to a fight yet?

I feel left out.. lol

Seriously, guys, let's try not to get too personal with Bey or each other.

No one is saying Bey is perfect, but I'm sure he's not the scumbag Pops makes out: Have you asked him about your missing item? That's the first thing I would've done.

It's true he's said in the past that he's more a Golden Harvest man than a Shaws man, but to be fair that was before Celestial opened up their catalogue.

Perhaps he's had a chance to revisit these films and see many new ones in their remastered glory.

It's OK for people to change their minds, doesn't make them liars.

Like I say I dont want trouble but when someone talks to me like I am something he stepped in, just for daring to have a different opinion, in I aint having it...as for challenging people to a fight....NO...I just want ONE of these people to come to the place I train, and TALK to me in PERSON in that way, I would respect the guy for that!!!

I havent had a fight with anyone for at least two years, someone tried to mug me and got bitch slapped, and if I NEVER have another fight in my life I will be VERY happy. I was just making an observation about my encounters with Logan over the years, it it offends, my apologies but dont talk to me like I am a turd, cos I will talk back in the same manner-its amazing how THAT pisses people off???

This is my last post on this subject!!!!

Dude.... you have more or less been a GIANT DOUCHE in every thread you've posted in, so don't spout of bullshit like " I don't wan't no trouble". Seriously, you were 17 in 1990 which would make you around 40 now, and you're in here flexing your internet muscles.... that's sad!

You have a right to your opinion, as does everyone in here, but most people are capable of having a healthy debate without challenging people to come to their gwoon and square off!

Yes you can call me names now, and no, im not gonna come to your kung fu school and fight!

It's true he's said in the past that he's more a Golden Harvest man than a Shaws man, but to be fair that was before Celestial opened up their catalogue.

Perhaps he's had a chance to revisit these films and see many new ones in their remastered glory.

It's OK for people to change their minds, doesn't make them liars.

Exactly I always thought Golden Harvest put out the best Hong Kong martial art movies until very recently when my eyes were opened up to so many fantastic Shaw Bros movies. Whereas previously I had only seen inferior kung fu movies with poor picture quality and dreadful English dubs (that don't do any justice to the characters, the story or even the acting) in most cases, thinking that was the average Shaw Bros film. How wrong I was.

Anyway pops I hope you chill out a little, lose some of that attitude and try to enjoy the forum more.:smile:

We sure have our share of bi-polar mofos in here:bigsmile:

DragonSword was like a total Michael Jackson groupie.

Also, remember the weird guy who claimed to know the old school dubbers? And anti-semetic Frank Lakaotas?

We are a rare bunch, no doubt.... myself included!

But hey, like the mighty Teako said... we're not all gonna like each other, but the least we can do is pretend to respect each other.

I like fiery debate, but for some reason it usually devolves into name calling, mud slinging and just general crazyness..... come on people, we're not politicians:bigsmile:

As far as anyone being a prat, I have no idea what that is because I don't understand English-English and I take it that is some word from over there. I have actually never heard that term before visiting this thread.

It means idiot or fool. Having the surname Pratt in the UK is a nightmare lol.

Guest Markgway

William Henry PRATT changed his name to Boris Karloff.

I mean, how much do you have to HATE your name to change it to BORIS KARLOFF!?!

William Henry PRATT changed his name to Boris Karloff.

I mean, how much do you have to HATE your name to change it to BORIS KARLOFF!?!

Well, Karloff said the surname was from an ancestor, Boris was a name he liked...only took him 20 years to become a star!