TibetanWhiteCrane

Bey Logan Audio Commentary List

Excellent. I didn't know there was a commentary for The Victim. I need to find that version plus any other commentaries by Bobby. He has interesting stuff to say.

Where would I find Tai Seng dvds? I don't come across them usually.

Excellent. I didn't know there was a commentary for The Victim. I need to find that version plus any other commentaries by Bobby. He has interesting stuff to say.

Where would I find Tai Seng dvds? I don't come across them usually.

I occasionally come across them at places like FYE (years back Best Buy used to sell them) or if you are lucky and have a Frys near you they always have a great selection of Tai Seng.

Holy Crap, I just checked the price at Amazon for The Victim It appears to be OOP.

I'm in England so I don't have anything near me. 'lol Tai Seng dvds have to be bought online, but since I know many of them have commentaries on now, I'll look out for them. I'm sure I can find a Victim on someone's trade list.

I have an Eastern Heroes release of The Victim. Dual language.

Holy Crap, I just checked the price at Amazon for The Victim It appears to be OOP.

Holy crap is right. I used to see this one on ebay for much cheaper. I didn't know there was any reason to buy it at the time. :sad:

Very true. I don't like Mark King acting like he's too good for HK flims i hate people like that if i did a flim with Jackie and Jet, i would be more humble but that's just me.

I haven't checked out the FOF Special Platinum Edtion' HKL. Maybe once i move into my new apartment when things setlle down ill be able to save enough money to get some.

Okay enough about Mark Sink. Another commentary i liked Bey worked on weas the Rebel with the main cast members.

I just bought the FOF special platinum edition on amazon.uk, it only cost me about 3.50 USD (although used) including shipping to Sweden.

Westerners experienced racism on HK movie sets back then. Some have reported being treated quite badly. You don't know what reasons Mark has feeling the way he does. But agreed, he shouldn't do a dvd commentary if he's got nothing good to say.

That's true. You have a point right there i'm being abit rough with him i really shouldn't to be honest even though i didn't like mot of his comments during the commentary.

I used to have the Victiem on DVD a long time ag till i lost it after i moved out of my apartment over at Soulard.

How about the Premiere Asia DVD of Once Upon a Time in High School? did that i can't recall?

lost quote about Chisty Chung fake orgasm

I was just about to check that out! :sad:

I think that was for RED WOLF, king!

Gutted!

other lost quote about her fake orgasm

Must watch now.:tongue:

Would love if he did ones for Drunken Master, Snake In The Eagle's Shadow, Armour Of God, Yes, Madam and Eastern Condors especially.

I think Bey said on the old HKL forums that they didn't realise how popular the commentaries would be, else they'd have done them on all the releases.

Be nice to have a decent commentary for In the Line of Duty IV and The Postman Strikes Back too. For whatever reason, Stefan Hammond didn't do any research at all beforehand.

As for DM and Snake, HKL were planning Platinum reissues, but they got shelved. Once Bey and Brian White moved on, I realised the chances of them being released were pretty much zero. I was very disappointed that I wasn't going to get to see the interview Mike Leeder did with Hwang Jang Lee for them. I really hope Cine-Asia can get their hands on it and put it out, even on a non-Jackie film.

Would love if he did ones for Drunken Master, Snake In The Eagle's Shadow, Armour Of God, Yes, Madam and Eastern Condors especially.

Bey has recorded a brand new commentary for the Cineasia re-release of Warrior King that was originally brought out without one so it's not impossible to think titles like Eastern Condors, SITES and Armour Of God could get them too. :bigsmile:

How about the Premiere Asia DVD of Once Upon a Time in High School? did that i can't recall?

I was just about to check that out! :sad:

Gutted!

Must watch now.:tongue:

Yeah Red Wolf commentary had the Christy Chung fake orgasm joke, I wouldn't care if it was fake TBH :bigsmile:

Guest Markgway
You mean you've had the live experience of the fake orgasm?:tongue:

I really walked into that one, didn't I? :crossedlips:

Have always thought Logan was a prat, thankfully I havent seen him since 2000 in London when he asked my teacher Jim Uglow (and his former Hung Gar teacher) to perform a lion dance to promote a screening of Purple Storm. I used to see him a lot at kung fu shows before he went to HK, even saw him with his black eye, and never could stand the twat

As for his commentaries I have only made it thru two, his voice winds me up, Magnificent Butcher (I was making sure if he mentioned my teacher and si-gung) and Prodigal Son HKL. Its strange that in Prodigal he is dismissive about non Golden Harvest kung films, especially Shaws!!!, and now provides commentaries for the American Shaws releases???

if I am right he even does commentary on Disciples of 36th Chamber, which is odd because in his 1995 "book" Hong Kong Action Cinema he didnt even know it EXISTED??!!! and Disciples had been on the "collectors" market for years before that "book" was published.

If I am right he does a commentary on Five Venoms, read his "book" to see how much respect and page space he gives to the most important filmmaker in HK movie history, Chang Cheh. While Lau Kar Leung gets a whole chapter on his own, but the actual info on pops's Shaws movies is miniscule, Chang Cheh gets a small box to himself bursting with enough information to fill a postage stamp...

Thank god I dont have any of the American DVDs with him trying to convince people he knows so much about Shaw Brothers-the idea that he has to say that Ti Lungs Magic Blade character is patterned after the man with no name is ludicrous....everybody must be able to tell that the moment Ti Lung appears??

Have always thought Logan was a prat, thankfully I havent seen him since 2000 in London when he asked my teacher Jim Uglow (and his former Hung Gar teacher) to perform a lion dance to promote a screening of Purple Storm. I used to see him a lot at kung fu shows before he went to HK, even saw him with his black eye, and never could stand the twat

As for his commentaries I have only made it thru two, his voice winds me up, Magnificent Butcher (I was making sure if he mentioned my teacher and si-gung) and Prodigal Son HKL. Its strange that in Prodigal he is dismissive about non Golden Harvest kung films, especially Shaws!!!, and now provides commentaries for the American Shaws releases???

if I am right he even does commentary on Disciples of 36th Chamber, which is odd because in his 1995 "book" Hong Kong Action Cinema he didnt even know it EXISTED??!!! and Disciples had been on the "collectors" market for years before that "book" was published.

If I am right he does a commentary on Five Venoms, read his "book" to see how much respect and page space he gives to the most important filmmaker in HK movie history, Chang Cheh. While Lau Kar Leung gets a whole chapter on his own, but the actual info on pops's Shaws movies is miniscule, Chang Cheh gets a small box to himself bursting with enough information to fill a postage stamp...

Thank god I dont have any of the American DVDs with him trying to convince people he knows so much about Shaw Brothers-the idea that he has to say that Ti Lungs Magic Blade character is patterned after the man with no name is ludicrous....everybody must be able to tell that the moment Ti Lung appears??

You got beef with the beast Logan?? :tongue:

I met or came across him twice and seemed OK..

Like I say I always found him to be a prat, hate his voice, the amount of shite you listen to in his commentaries to get a nugget of info. Just glad when I started training with my teacher Logan had just gone to live in HK...coz I am not sure I could have stopped myself chinning him.

When I 1st met Donnie Yen in March 1990 at Cheung's Chinese restaurant, Logan was there, and for a laugh??, he autographed a still of Donnie I'd just got signed?? I was only 17 but I told him to go and f**k himself and ripped up the still and threw it in his face.

Like I say I always found him to be a prat, hate his voice, the amount of shite you listen to in his commentaries to get a nugget of info. Just glad when I started training with my teacher Logan had just gone to live in HK...coz I am not sure I could have stopped myself chinning him...when I met Donnie Yen in 1990 Logan was there, and for a laugh, he autographed a still of Donnie I'd just got signed?? I was only 17 but I told him to go and f**k himself and ripped up the still and threw it in his face.

I was 9 when donnie came..promoted tiger cage 2.

I saw him in chinatown with logan.

Logan is also a thief!!!

In 2002 when they were filming the dire Medallion he asked my teacher (and his former) Jim Uglow to fly to Ireland, to assist Logan in showing Lee Evans some basic Hung Gar. As I knew Sammo was action director I gave my teacher some beautiful original Magnificent Butcher stills-with stunning calligraphy in gold characters-for Fatty to autograph. Logan saw them and told my teacher he would get them signed and send them to my teacher in London??? needless to say I never saw them again!!! thank f**k I never sent my pucker original Butcher poster...so yeah I have beef with that arsehole!!!

Originally Posted by popsjnr

Like I say I always found him to be a prat, hate his voice, the amount of shite you listen to in his commentaries to get a nugget of info. Just glad when I started training with my teacher Logan had just gone to live in HK...coz I am not sure I could have stopped myself chinning him.

Dude, the “amount of shite” that you’re coughing up here qualifies as nothing as pathological internet hating. Most people got a hell of a lot out of Logan’s incisive audio commentaries and his unbridled enthusiasm for HK cinema. You’re allergic to the man’s voice, been "robbed" of your prized fanboy possessions, listened to “two commentaries” and didn’t get “a nugget of info”…? Yikes! Instead of this forum use your goddamn’ loo if you feel like puking!