I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

TibetanWhiteCrane

Bey Logan Audio Commentary List

Just found this thread... and I can confirm Bey Logan's commentary for the Mega Star Fist of Fury was ported to the first Hong Kong Legends Fist of Fury DVD. That being said, he only did two commentaries for FOF, with the first HKL commentary and the Mega Star commentary being identical. The platinum edition HKL DVD was an updated commentary, in which Logan also apologizes for the Steve Martin joke that many thought was true :P

The platinum edition HKL DVD was an updated commentary, in which Logan also apologizes for the Steve Martin joke that many thought was true :P

What was the joke he said about Steve Martin? I don't remember that.

Reading this thread makes me really miss Hong Kong legends and specifically the Bey commentaries, I think its a shame he didnt do a commentary for the early HKL releases like Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagles Shadow and Eastern Condours as I would love to hear what he had to say about those movies. Also a massive shame we can;t get a commentary from him on Enter the Dragon or Drunken Master 2.

Personally I always prefer Bey doing a solo commentary as oppose to his joint ones as it tends to turn into more of an interview and less about facts, I particularly hated that Mark King one and also the one with Christy Chung and Maggie Q.

Oh and the commentary on some other HKL releases by Jude Poyer really sucked!

Reading this thread makes me really miss Hong Kong legends and specifically the Bey commentaries, I think its a shame he didnt do a commentary for the early HKL releases like Drunken Master, Snake in the Eagles Shadow and Eastern Condours as I would love to hear what he had to say about those movies. Also a massive shame we can;t get a commentary from him on Enter the Dragon or Drunken Master 2.

Personally I always prefer Bey doing a solo commentary as oppose to his joint ones as it tends to turn into more of an interview and less about facts, I particularly hated that Mark King one and also the one with Christy Chung and Maggie Q.

Oh and the commentary on some other HKL releases by Jude Poyer really sucked!

Yeah it is a about the early HKL not having Commentaries i think it's beacuse they were on VHS at the same time as dvd like i have The Postman Fights Back on VHS.

i think Mark King particularly hated Hong Kong films thats why it so bad well i don't think particularly Hong Kong film he just really badly hates them.

To be honest i didn't like Bey recording with Breat Ratner in The Police Story Dragon Dynasty DVD to be very honest. That troll Ratner is so anoying almost ruinning the movie for me out of all the people Bey choose that clown to do commentary to do Police Story 1 and 2 for Dragon Dynasty DVD ill never understand this ever. Thank god Ratner didn't do commentary for Police Story 3 though but Bey should'ev done commentary for New Police Story and the Medalion.

To be honest i didn't like Bey recording with Breat Ratner in The Police Story Dragon Dynasty DVD to be very honest. That troll Ratner is so anoying almost ruinning the movie for me out of all the people Bey choose that clown to do commentary to do Police Story 1 and 2 for Dragon Dynasty DVD ill never understand this ever. Thank god Ratner didn't do commentary for Police Story 3 though but Bey should'ev done commentary for New Police Story and the Medalion.

I don't think we need a commentary for "The Medallion" since he never shut up about it on all the other commentaries he did around that time. :xd: Plus, what a terrible film.

Premier Asia:

GRUDGE 2, THE (with Mike Leeder) ??

I have this dvd and Bey is the only one commenting on it. Where did the idea of this (Mike Leeder) being involved come from?

If you want to hear commentary for the Sammo Hung film "Don't Give a Damn", listen to the Tai Seng commentary of "Martial Arts Master Wong Fei Hung" where Bobby Samuels and Rick Myers talk. Bobby tells some interesting anecdotes about making "Don't Give a Damn" and his experiences with working in HK.

Not much to do with "Martial Arts Master Wong Fei Hung" atall. But a good substitute for a 'Don't Give a Damn' commentary. 'lol

Im not sure how many people know this as when ever I see commentary lists of Bey Logan people miss the IVL disc of House of 72 Tenants that he did with Carl Ng.

Funny you should mention that just a few hours after I updated Wikipedia with that info. :)

I don't think we need a commentary for "The Medallion" since he never shut up about it on all the other commentaries he did around that time. :xd: Plus, what a terrible film.

Premier Asia:

GRUDGE 2, THE (with Mike Leeder) ??

I have this dvd and Bey is the only one commenting on it. Where did the idea of this (Mike Leeder) being involved come from?

Your right it's bad idea for Bey to comment it since i rewatched the commentary of Dragonsforever... he just wouldn't stop talking about that movie it wasn't that good.

I wasn't aware till the last minete i posted in this form that he did commentary work on

House of 72 Tenants that he did with Carl Ng.

Mark King is an Asshole and shoyld'ev never been invited to do commentery with Bey on Once upon a time in China 1.

With HKL being revived I hope Bey does commentary for OUATIC again without Mark King and some other films he missed like Eastern Condors, Story of Ricky and Yes Madam.

Why would he be bothered to make a new commentary for a disc he's already done one on? Doesn't make sense. I hardly think he would re-do OUATIC again, do you?

And I doubt he will do one for Story of Ricky, when they already have a commentary for that done by the director and Jude Poyer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they just repackaging old HKL releases? Just giving them new cover artwork and possibly new menus which say "Cine Asia" instead of "HKL"? Nothing more.

Why would he be bothered to make a new commentary for a disc he's already done one on? Doesn't make sense. I hardly think he would re-do OUATIC again, do you?

And I doubt he will do one for Story of Ricky, when they already have a commentary for that done by the director and Jude Poyer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they just repackaging old HKL releases? Just giving them new cover artwork and possibly new menus which say "Cine Asia" instead of "HKL"? Nothing more.

It wouldn't hurt for him to do another one. He did two for Fist of fury. Having another one wouldn't hurt without Mark dickhead King around telling us that HK movies suck.

It wouldn't hurt for him to do another one. He did two for Fist of fury. Having another one wouldn't hurt without Mark dickhead King around telling us that HK movies suck.

Woah, so much hate for this Mark King guy! 'lol Atleast he was honest.

And yeah, Bey did another commentary for the 'Special Platinum Edition' of FOF. But if they're just going to be re-releasing the previously released HKL dvds then I don't think a new commentary for OUATIC will be on the cards. Maybe you could just go through and cut out all the bits where Mark speaks. :xd:

In the spirit of this thread I just watched the original Hong Kong Legends release of Fist of Fury that I received a while ago, listening to Bey's (apparently) first audio commentary ever. All I can say is, it was quite obvious that he had limited previous experience of it. He seemed much more restrained than in his later efforts and remained dead silent for much of the movie, which is extremely unusual for Bey's commentaries. Interesting anyway just to hear Bey lose his commentary virginity I guess. Is it worth getting the platinum edition as well just to get the updated commentary? I absolutely love Bey Logan, so owning three copies of Fist of Fury would probably be worth it if it's good.

Edit: The commentary for OATIC is hilarious because of the ignorant jerk Mark. Kudos to Bey for keeping his composure most of the time. The high point has got to be when after Mark claiming to read all the time instead of watching movies, he can't even name the two sides that fought in the American civil war. Bey knew that and he's not even American. It's almost insulting the way he mocks Hong Kong cinema and it's fans..

Woah, so much hate for this Mark King guy! 'lol Atleast he was honest.

And yeah, Bey did another commentary for the 'Special Platinum Edition' of FOF. But if they're just going to be re-releasing the previously released HKL dvds then I don't think a new commentary for OUATIC will be on the cards. Maybe you could just go through and cut out all the bits where Mark speaks. :xd:

Very true. I don't like Mark King acting like he's too good for HK flims i hate people like that if i did a flim with Jackie and Jet, i would be more humble but that's just me.

I haven't checked out the FOF Special Platinum Edtion' HKL. Maybe once i move into my new apartment when things setlle down ill be able to save enough money to get some.

Okay enough about Mark Sink. Another commentary i liked Bey worked on weas the Rebel with the main cast members.

Westerners experienced racism on HK movie sets back then. Some have reported being treated quite badly. You don't know what reasons Mark has feeling the way he does. But agreed, he shouldn't do a dvd commentary if he's got nothing good to say.

Westerners experienced racism on HK movie sets back then. Some have reported being treated quite badly. You don't know what reasons Mark has feeling the way he does. But agreed, he shouldn't do a dvd commentary if he's got nothing good to say.

Reminds me of Bobby Samuels on The Victim commentary (around 2001) w/Ric Meyers. That one was a little more balanced, but he did have a lot of negative things to state. I thought he had a lot of interesting things to say (better than Meyers) especially on racism and what basically broke off his friendship with Sammo.

If anyone is interested I have a huge amount of notes on that commentary here.