Jump to content
Alexandra

The Alexander Fu Sheng Thread

Recommended Posts

I gave T-Shirts to many Shaw Brothers actors of their good friend Fu Sheng. and  when we  gave one to Chen Kuan Tai, he put it on right then and right there!  now that love and respect to me! Gordon Liu has very happy to know people after all this years still love him too! Jena Peng, who uncle is Fu Sheng himself, also wore it with pride.and when we went to Hong Kong to pay respects to Fu Sheng, my friend sister flew in from Taiwan just that day to be with us and even repented too.   

12107926_1004795576210384_46525431985488

1005817_609750092381603_577041128_n.jpg

1151033_609750235714922_1106840221_n.jpg

1393900_636196129736999_71455142_n.jpg

11700900_964179673605308_5313958773411383820_n.jpg

Edited by SANTI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was coming to this thread to say the exact same thing as you did paimeifist. I'm not all that big of a Fu Sheng fan. I like him enough but sometimes he gets on my nerves. For example he's my least favorite parts of "Legendary Weapons of China" and "8 Diagram Pole Fighter". He annoyed the hell out of me in both films. But on the other hand I loved him in "The Avenging Eagle" which so far is my favorite role of his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

I was coming to this thread to say the exact same thing as you did paimeifist. I'm not all that big of a Fu Sheng fan. I like him enough but sometimes he gets on my nerves. For example he's my least favorite parts of "Legendary Weapons of China" and "8 Diagram Pole Fighter". He annoyed the hell out of me in both films. But on the other hand I loved him in "The Avenging Eagle" which so far is my favorite role of his.

I believe I've read(on this forum over the years) he was just recovering from an accident(broken leg?) when he did LWoC, you can tell he had gained some weight, so his role was minimal, and as much as I love LKL, and his movies, he always throws in one or two wtf moments or characters in his films, maybe with 8DPF being the exception. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lo Meng was very good friends with Fu Sheng, we spoke for days about their friendship. and I gave him this T-shirt. he was very happy to see fans still care and remember him.

13682613_1781164948787479_502941094_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12802786_1073035749386366_7528728429316870127_n.thumb.jpg.223b0266b16a9efe5f3c4d6f4e1e657e.jpgI spoke with Chen Kuan Tai, Lo Mang,Siu Hau,Gordon Liu and Wang Wei Lung about Fu Sheng, they all said they love the guy like a brother and he is so missed, but they are happy fans remeber their good friend after all this years.

 

13838249_203033523432795_1617411195_o.jpg

582031_618894041467208_229921090_n.jpg

10802030_845734675449809_8900836984853548278_n.jpg

1380204_636203359736276_2054781018_n.jpg

1526753_683406391682639_2023522639_n.jpg

1551579_933377820018827_875298212080613485_n.jpg

11295555_933378580018751_8016807629975611334_n.jpg

12734193_1058421714181103_826394203887472761_n.jpg

11259609_933378516685424_1050194561649707759_n.jpg

Edited by SANTI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fu Sheng: what a great loss! A couple of years ago I met american actor Richard Harrison, as you know he acted in two movies with Fu Sheng, and I asked to him some memory. Richard (who's living in Australia now) told me Alexander was a sweet boy, very funny, just like in his movies. I asked about Chang Cheh too and Richard said Cheh absolutely rejected to put some love story between Marco Polo and the girl (Shi Szu) in Marco Polo/The four assassins. Richard thinks it's probably because they felt an outrage to have a white man touching a chinese girl in that historycal age, or something like that. Harrison would have had been happy to do something more in that movie, but the chineses just wanted him as a witness (that's why Harrison Always called this movie "Marco Polo watches Kung-fu"). He felt terrible when he learned about Fu Sheng's Death. I just hope you could enjoy this stupid anecdote and I excuse myself for my bad english, I'm Italian so my writing is laughable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody! Here you see a still of Chaing Tao/Kong Dao, from an interview I did to him in 2007 in his office in HK. The funny thing was that an hour before I found myself with him in an elevator staring to him in silence, asking myself why he looked so familiar. Then I recognized him. Among the things he told me, he said Fu Sheng was a favorite of him and that Chang Cheh's Actors were a sort of clan, a family. When some of them passed away the Others felt it as a personal loss not just a simple sorrow. Chaing also pointed that making kung-fu fights on-screen was very hard-hitting, not simple or totally fake as moviegoers believes. Several times he met on set selfish people who believed kung-fu staged combats just a walking… but then, after few scenese, those guys painfully regretted about their light approach.  When you hit and punch and kick all the day, the power is fake but the contact is real in many cases, so he had bruises on his body all the time. He also said he made movies all around the world and the only chinese people known everywhere were Mao Tse Tung and Bruce Lee. Nothing is simple in the moviemaking. Despite is hateful on-screen persona, Chaing is a warm guy always smiling and often laughing. But when I asked his opinion on Bruce's Death (Chaing met Bruce at Regency Wyatt hotel in 1973 but they never worked together), well, Chaing laughed once more and said he dont know nothing about that argument.  I felt as if he was avoiding some hot topic that's better to left unanswered. Thank you for your attention, I like to visit this site to post some little anecdote hoping you'll enjoy it even if it's hardly new. Just a chat between "orphans" of the good old days when the Dragons ruled the world.

interv chiang tao.bmp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yiyuen said:

Hello everybody! Here you see a still of Chaing Tao/Kong Dao, from an interview I did to him in 2007 in his office in HK. The funny thing was that an hour before I found myself with him in an elevator staring to him in silence, asking myself why he looked so familiar. Then I recognized him. Among the things he told me, he said Fu Sheng was a favorite of him and that Chang Cheh's Actors were a sort of clan, a family. When some of them passed away the Others felt it as a personal loss not just a simple sorrow. Chaing also pointed that making kung-fu fights on-screen was very hard-hitting, not simple or totally fake as moviegoers believes. Several times he met on set selfish people who believed kung-fu staged combats just a walking… but then, after few scenese, those guys painfully regretted about their light approach.  When you hit and punch and kick all the day, the power is fake but the contact is real in many cases, so he had bruises on his body all the time. He also said he made movies all around the world and the only chinese people known everywhere were Mao Tse Tung and Bruce Lee. Nothing is simple in the moviemaking. Despite is hateful on-screen persona, Chaing is a warm guy always smiling and often laughing. But when I asked his opinion on Bruce's Death (Chaing met Bruce at Regency Wyatt hotel in 1973 but they never worked together), well, Chaing laughed once more and said he dont know nothing about that argument.  I felt as if he was avoiding some hot topic that's better to left unanswered. Thank you for your attention, I like to visit this site to post some little anecdote hoping you'll enjoy it even if it's hardly new. Just a chat between "orphans" of the good old days when the Dragons ruled the world.

interv chiang tao.bmp

Just curious, but are you connected in the same fields as them? It would be interesting to learn more from these encounters that you had. 

Edit: link is working now that i retried it

Edited by Ah_Tao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Just curious, but are you connected in the same fields as them? It would be interesting to learn more from these encounters that you had. 

Edit: link is working now that i retried it

Hi, actually I've no connections with them, I'm just a MA cinema lover like you. I met some interesting people during the decades (Jackie Chan, Brandon Lee, Lau Kar Leung and so on) and at one point of my life I realized the stuff I collected was good enough for a little documentary (the one you can find the trailer I posted in Leung's topic). Before that I wrote just 4 or 5 books about the argument, plus some articles or TV/radio show, but its all italian stuff available just in my country, very old materials made before Internet Age (more or less between the 80's and 90's). Nowdays everything is available on the web so my efforts looks outdated, but I'm an undemading easy man, so I'm happy with the little things I did when in Italy nobody paid respect and knowledge to MA cinema.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 8:45 PM, yiyuen said:

I just hope you could enjoy this stupid anecdote and I excuse myself for my bad english, I'm Italian so my writing is laughable.  

English isn't my first language either, but I think that your English is very good and not laughabel at all !!

 

Thanks for all these posts and I would be interested in seeing your documentaries and books !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

English isn't my first language either, but I think that your English is very good and not laughabel at all !!

 

Thanks for all these posts and I would be interested in seeing your documentaries and books !

Thanx for the appreciation. Regarding the documentary you can order it on fb page Home MoviesCH if you like, Im not involved in the distribution since its an old item, but I think they still have copies. The books should be available on the site of the publisher, Edizioni Mediterranee, but Im not sure since they are old items too and they could be out of distribution. Anyway this is not important,  I'm here to have fun and infos. For example Tien Peng is a favorite of mine and thanx this site I learned something more about this great artist. I would love to know more about Lung Fei too (I know his on-screen partner Shan Mao died killed by a taxidriver in 1977; surely there were an high amount of casualties in HK MA cinema, considering also Thompson Kao Kang was killed by a cop in 1980 as well as many other artists who died in a very untimely way). Im sure I'll learn from you more than you could learn from me. However Im going to post some other videos from my little experiences. Thanx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yiyuen said:

Shan Mao died killed by a taxidriver in 1977

Oh !!! Too bad ! i wasn't aware of this ! Such a sad ending.

He was very good in any of his roles and he was great in Seven Indignant.

 

By the way, did you have the luck to see Beauty Heroine (La sorella de Bruce Lee ) in Italy ? Are there some VHS or any other format of this movie, there  ?

 

An I'm not a Facebook member and don't want to be one, I don't like this kind of sites, sorry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I guess that you must be a fan of Yi Yuen from your alias...I saw him playing a good guy only in the movie The bold three (a bad guy becoming a good one, actually), if I remember well, but I didn't watch all his movies and his filmography on hkmdb has recently been largely updated .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Oh !!! Too bad ! i wasn't aware of this ! Such a sad ending.

He was very good in any of his roles and he was great in Seven Indignant.

 

By the way, did you have the luck to see Beauty Heroine (La sorella de Bruce Lee ) in Italy ? Are there some VHS or any other format of this movie, there  ?

 

An I'm not a Facebook member and don't want to be one, I don't like this kind of sites, sorry...

Im not on FB too, but the distributors is on it. Im too old for FB. Yeah, I saw La sorella di Bruce Lee, but its no more available as far as I know, anyway I know a completist who should have a copy on dvd; yes, Im a Yee Yuen fan and I can give some more details about Shan Mao's Death and Others little things Gordon Liu told me when I hosted him in Rome. Now Im going out  but within a couple of days it will be my pleasure to back here to tell you details about the above mentioned arguments. Thanx for your kind appreciation. 

Edited by yiyuen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here Im again, I've still some time to spend. 1) You can see La sorella di Bruce Lee on YouTube, I just sent the link on your inbox; I dont commerce in copies or things like that, I'm not equipped for that. I knew a crazy completist who has dvd copies of tons of things and I can put You and him in contact, if he's still around. 2) Shan Mao's assassination: in 2007 Gordon Liu told me that the night of 14 March 1977 Shan Mao got drunk and went into a quarrel with a taxi-driver in the street. Reasons aren't known but when you're drunk every reason is good and hard-drinking was very common among kung-fu Actors (including Wang Yu, Jackie Chan, Tien Peng and many Others). The taxi-driver was scared to Death, took a screwdriver from his car and stabbed to Death Shan Mao. After his Death several movies with him hitted the screens in Taiwan and Hong Kong because he worked so much that some features werent' released yet when he died. In my opinion he was a bad temper but a good character-actor, expecially in his only Goodguy role (The new Shaolin Boxer, 1976, with Fu Sheng, surely you know it); Yi Yuen was another terrific character-actor I loved, I know few things about him, I saw him for the first time in 1974 (One eyed boxer, and also in Man of Iron/the iron man, with Wen Chiang Long; by the way Wen Chiang Long retired in 1980's and opened a restaurant in Tempe, Arizona, being an excellent Chef!!! He retired from acting because of Triad pollution). Yi Yuen had a tremendous charisma in Toshiro Mifune style. Another tragic ending was the actor Thompson Kao Kang (the villain in Stranger from canton/Karate killers) who died by a gunshot in august 1980, killed by a policeman for a street-argue. And I think all of you knows about the strange "suicide" of another Young star, Chen Wo-fu (Shadow boxer), he killed himself with gas but nobody knows why since he was a rising star and just 24 years old. Well, Hong Kong was a Dangerous ground where several MA films artists met the very same kind of Death they used to fake on the screen. Ciao.

Edited by yiyuen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another little segment from my documentary, this time english spoken by Michael F Wong, he talks about several things including Bruce and Brandon. enjoy 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, the following is not about Fu Sheng but about Lo Lieh, I dont know where to put this excerpt from my documentary, so I put it here: italian vet MA actor Sal Borgese talks about his HK experience for 5 supermen against the Orient, made at Shaw Bros studios. Sorry its only italian.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×