I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Silver and Gold Dragon

What video games have you been playing

Started Dragon Age Origins.

At first I couldnt get into it and after 4 hours I dug it. What kept me coming back was the music. I really am digging it. So after the 4 hours things got slow again and I was doing stuff but didnt have my full heart in it. But I kept persisting on and Im 11 hours in and have to say that Im finally enjoying this game. I seriously have like major love hate with this game. One moment Im just mindlessly trying to get through a conversation and hoping I hit a new plot point and then the next Im totally imerssed walking my character super slow moving the camera in a 360 to fully give myself a cinematic experience. Lol.

Heres hoping the game keeps it up. For anyone thats playing it, Im at the dream sequence in the circle of magi. I have no idea how much farther I got left in the game. People are saying they have played for 200 hours and have barely scratched the surface. But Im calling BS. These are probably also the same people who said Demons Souls was evil hard. Yeah, right.

Im sorta saving my RPG virginity (dont ask) for FF13 where I will give myself up to that and all its side quests and virtual glory. With this game, Im trying to just get through, I do a couple side quests here and there (been to the whore house and they gave me a fat dwarf when I asked to suprise me lol) . But mostly Im trying to just advance the story and finish the game. Some people said the game without doing side quests is like 13 hours long. Someone else says a good 40 - 50. Either way, its fun and is keeping me out of trouble.

I beat Dragon Age last week. It pulled me over in the end and Im glad I played it. I wish they put more emphasis on the epicness in the end but I guess thats where theyll improve on future sequels I suppose.

Started Lord of the Rings: Conquest.

I've been in the mood for old adventure games lately. Spent a whole weekend playing Kyrandia and King's Quest I and II. :xd: And briefly revisiting first four from the Quest for Glory series.

Guest Yi-Long
Lost Odyssey is a pretty good RPG, but it's fairly slow going with a bit too many cut scenes for my liking. But I'm still on the first disk so it might pick up speed eventually.

Thanks :) Will probably give it a try once I have a decent TV to play it on, but the biggest problem is that I already have a huge amount of great games, bought cheaply, which are still sealed and waiting to be played on that decent TV :(

Just ordered Fable 2 GOTY-edition today, and last week I received Batman AA, Lego Batman, Pure, and Guitar Hero World Tour.

I played Little Big Planet on my PSP the last week orso, which is surprisingly good for a handheld title, and also seems to have bigger levels than it's PS3 brother.

Guest Yi-Long
They have already announced a sequel for Batman AA and Fable 2 is a good game but extremely short.

I don't mind short games all that much, as long as the experience is good. I haven't even finished Fable 1 btw. :)

I noticed the announcement trailer for Batman AA. I hope they don't rush it, but will just release a game that's as good as the original.

Been going through games like it was the end of the world...

Beat lord of the rings (platinum trophy baby)

beat WET (If you liked the demo, youll love the full game)

beat Mini Ninjas last night. (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GAME... Everyone who has a console I URGE you to play this. Its cute and awesome at the same time. Bring on Mini Ninjas 2! One of the most underated underappreciated games this year.

Started Yakuza 2. Plan to beat it today. Cant wait for Yakuza 3

Guest Yi-Long

beat Mini Ninjas last night. (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GAME... Everyone who has a console I URGE you to play this. Its cute and awesome at the same time. Bring on Mini Ninjas 2! One of the most underated underappreciated games this year.

What makes it so much fun? I played the demo, and although I felt it was 'OK', it didn't really seem like anything special, or a must-have. It just seemed simple and easy and not very challenging.

Well I played the demo too and thought it was average. But I already had plans to get the full game.

What makes the full game better then the demo are the levels, the design and feel of each new bit in the game as it slowly reveals itself. Also you get to pick up 5 other ninjas with different abilities and personalities. All of which are cool. The game Id say wasnt a challenge for me at all. Each boss fight was essentially a varient on the Quick time event. I just happened to really dig the charms of the game. The longer I played the more I appreciated its style and simple yet creative way at making the gameplay enjoyable. Not once was I bored and the game just flew. Theres so many games out there so I dont want to tell anyone to buy anything but I will say its a must play and will be a very enjoyable rental.

Finally got finished with my new computer rig. Just beat Crysis and Mass Effect. Now Im gonna start Dragon Age Origins and Crysis Warhead. I also plan on getting so more games after Christmas, Borderlands has jumped to the top of my list.

Finally got finished with my new computer rig. Just beat Crysis and Mass Effect. Now Im gonna start Dragon Age Origins and Crysis Warhead. I also plan on getting so more games after Christmas, Borderlands has jumped to the top of my list.

To me Borderlands was an absolute waste of money, and they're charging extra money for DLC packs which is unbelievable when they made the game relatively short

To me Borderlands was an absolute waste of money, and they're charging extra money for DLC packs which is unbelievable when they made the game relatively short

I've heard mixed things about it, but I will judge for myself...the co-op is what I really want to explore.

Been playing Doom, Shadow Warrior, and some other old fps. Going to gamestop tomorrow with my xmas cash and getting Modern Warefare 2 and mabey a couple of older titles.

monday i got Capcom Vs Snk 2 (Jap verison for ps2), since my dc is dead i can play it on my ps2.

Too much Capcom style and not so much Snk.

Ok huge chars roster but the gameplay is too much capcom oriented....

monday i got Capcom Vs Snk 2 (Jap verison for ps2), since my dc is dead i can play it on my ps2.

Too much Capcom style and not so much Snk.

Ok huge chars roster but the gameplay is too much capcom oriented....

Good game though.

Yes, you mentioned the Dreamcast, one of my favourite consoles ever, too bad yours died...

I actually prefer Capcom Vs SNK Pro on the DC, I think the music and the graphics (especially the brilliant backgrounds) make the game superior to the sequel.

I've been meaning to play more of Tekken 6 on the 360 and I also picked up Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 over a month ago but haven't played it at all.

Good game though.

Yes, but too much capcom oriented in my opinion (well, it was developed by capcom ahah)

Yes, you mentioned the Dreamcast, one of my favourite consoles ever, too bad yours died...

I actually prefer Capcom Vs SNK Pro on the DC, I think the music and the graphics (especially the brilliant backgrounds) make the game superior to the sequel.

CVS Pro was a great game (at least the stages were 2d and not 3d as in the sequel (awfully made too)), i liked it very much. It's a pity that it wasn't released on ps2 (the ps1 version is crap). The only problem there was the ratio system ..

Got DJ Hero for Christmas. I'll admit, when I first heard about this game, my initial reaction was "Eh... really? Okay..." But then Best Buy started setting up the demos to play prior to the game coming out, and I gave it a shot, and got hooked. Now I have my own copy, and I've played so much that I've been able to get as high as four out of five starts on songs in expert mode, and five out of five in hard mode. I'm not even that good in Guitar Hero, and I've been playing that much longer!

Overall, it's more addictive than you might expect.

Just started Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord (finally got around to connecting the wii to the net). Fun, simple but deep. Way too much dlc (down loadable content) $$$.