I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest WuxiaFan

Where do you buy your DVDs?

I used Yes Asa a lot before but on new movies the price is just too much with most new titles going over 20 dollars.

50HK would be getting better... I'm going to see if there is a shop in the biggest city in the location I'm in here in China. If I find any websites I'll let you guys know, but it may not help if most of you aren't in China though.

Yeah, forget the web, I want to find some physical locations, to browse the titles in person and talk to the store clerk about the movies. There used to be a martial arts movie booth in the middle of my closest mall but its gone now, and it was there for many years, and fye is gone which sold some. I learned a lot about kung fu movie from conversing with the booth workers, super cool people, they were kind of pricy, but I bought them anyway because I was so happy with heir service.

I also used to have a huge place called dollar cty and plus near me which sold all Chinese stuff and had a bunch of cheap slim case kung fu dvds up front, now theres just a trade in place a ways away that puts a twenty five dollar price tag on any random 70s kung fu dvd, and they've only got like five or so.

Its too bad you cant try to find stores that sell kung fu movies by google search, ive tried and the results are just for internet shops.:neutral::tongue:

Any good recommendations on Japanese import disc sites besides Yesasia and Cdjapan?

Not really. Forget amazon, they have ridiculous shipping costs when sending overseas (for people in Japan amazon is great: free shipping + 25% pre-order discount!)

Any specific titles you're after?

Not really. Forget amazon, they have ridiculous shipping costs when sending overseas (for people in Japan amazon is great: free shipping + 25% pre-order discount!)

Any specific titles you're after?

Longstreet series box set. Been wanting to buy that thing forever. Any help would do?

Longstreet series box set. Been wanting to buy that thing forever. Any help would do?

actually, in this case Amazon might work for you because the price is so much lower than the other stores that the expensive shipping doesn't matter:

www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000VIZ41G/

cdjapan: approx 20 400 with shipping

yesasia: approx 21 100 with shipping

amazon: approx 16 400 with shipping

I'm not sure if I have the shipping costs calculated correct, you should test with the product in shopping cart and see. In any case amazon would be the cheapest.

If you wanted to save a bit more I could probably get you a used version for about 15 000 yen delivered to you. Not a major difference. If I were you I would test amazon first and see if it really is 16 400 with shipping. If it's actually more, then I would consider a used version.

actually, in this case Amazon might work for you because the price is so much lower than the other stores that the expensive shipping doesn't matter:

www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000VIZ41G/

cdjapan: approx 20 400 with shipping

yesasia: approx 21 100 with shipping

amazon: approx 16 400 with shipping

I'm not sure if I have the shipping costs calculated correct, you should test with the product in shopping cart and see. In any case amazon would be the cheapest.

If you wanted to save a bit more I could probably get you a used version for about 15 000 yen delivered to you. Not a major difference. If I were you I would test amazon first and see if it really is 16 400 with shipping. If it's actually more, then I would consider a used version.

I sent you a message!!!