I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest WuxiaFan

Where do you buy your DVDs?

UK posters, how is dddhouse?

no bullshit?

Usually excellent although a couple of times,they've sent only part of my order and the rest a week later and tried to charge me the full amount twice. Paying with paypal put a stop to that.

DDDhouse.com and amazon.com. Prices and service are really good.

Every once in a while, I'll go with yesasia (but that's if they have something that the others don't have… )

Hey guys, I thought it would be nice for us to have a list of websites of places where we can purchase movies. I will update this OP as more entries come on.

Currently I am in China and I was looking at finding a few websites that are actually inside of China. That way I can save on shipping and get into some blu rays and movies that I don't usually buy. Any help would be appreciated to that, and I look forward to what you guys have to say.

All websites are welcome, as I don't play to stay in China forever and more resources are welcome (and cheap too!) :smile:

Hope someone can help me out with this, sure someone has a good idea. I have asked around other places with no help, its a bit crazy i can't find any mainland places to buy movies for good prices. taobao may be ok? I guess but was hoping for something better.

It might be difficult for some of us to nominate websites inside China, as mainland websites might not always offer international shipping (and/or might not always be English friendly).

If you're including Hong Kong in that (I would assume shipping from HK to China would be cheap so apologies if my assumption is wrong) then there are several good ones, DDDHouse being a personal favourite.

Hey guys, I thought it would be nice for us to have a list of websites of places where we can purchase movies. I will update this OP as more entries come on.

Currently I am in China and I was looking at finding a few websites that are actually inside of China. That way I can save on shipping and get into some blu rays and movies that I don't usually buy. Any help would be appreciated to that, and I look forward to what you guys have to say.

All websites are welcome, as I don't play to stay in China forever and more resources are welcome (and cheap too!) :smile:

It might be difficult for some of us to nominate websites inside China, as mainland websites might not always offer international shipping (and/or might not always be English friendly).

If you're including Hong Kong in that (I would assume shipping from HK to China would be cheap so apologies if my assumption is wrong) then there are several good ones, DDDHouse being a personal favourite.

DDhouse is ok, but the problems i have seen like with many places is the price.

Language is a issue, and I have asked people in china and they never have found me any good places to buy from (they don't buy movies usually here in china) ha

I figuer that has to be some good place to buy, just haven't found the right person yet who actually buys legit copies.

I was trying to remember dddhouse so thanks for that guys.

I can only find bootlegs around here. they cost about 28rmb ($5) and the quality is fine all but I'd rather have real copies.

Now, I could be wrong but I am going to assume if I find an actual Chinese website the prices will be cheaper. That is probably why I was looking for something national (cheaper, and cheaper shipping) Taiwan is a good possibility as well.

I can only find bootlegs around here. they cost about 28rmb ($5) and the quality is fine all but I'd rather have real copies.

Now, I could be wrong but I am going to assume if I find an actual Chinese website the prices will be cheaper. That is probably why I was looking for something national (cheaper, and cheaper shipping) Taiwan is a good possibility as well.

Try the Amazon site based in China. amazon.com.cn. It should be quite a bit cheaper.

Taobao has sellers who sell originals and sellers who sell only dvds-r from originals, or vhs, or vcds, or even from downloads or tv records, so, you have to be able to read the descriptions (when there are descriptions, which is another problem...) in order to know what exactly you will receive when you'll place your order.

PChome is a Taiwanese site and the prices are low (but the shipment fees are high, of course !!!, but if you're in China, it shouldn't be a problem for you) and they have official releases.

It seems to me that the site purpleculture.net is also in China, but I don't remember if they sell movies or only books.

Hope this helps.

DDhouse is ok, but the problems i have seen like with many places is the price.

Whaddya mean, bud? Who's got better, more competive prices than DDDHouse ?

As ShawAngela already noted, you gotta be careful with Taobao. You better be able to communicate with sellers in Chinese in advance to make sure you get specific details about DVD's that you're interested in. A good number of sellers don't even bother to answer queries, so you can safely assume that their product isn't legit.

If you're looking for legal titles I always find it safest to look in big 'official' bookstores, preferably branches of chainstores. Some of them have a floor with DVD's and CD's and those spots are usually bootleg-free zones. Haven't shopped at any of 'em in a year or so, but legit DVD's usually go for about 35 to 55 RMB, if I remember correctly. And BTW, boots are sold for a fraction of that price, in South China they go for around 7 RMB.

Whaddya mean, bud? Who's got better, more competive prices than DDDHouse ?

As ShawAngela already noted, you gotta be careful with Taobao. You better be able to communicate with sellers in Chinese in advance to make sure you get specific details about DVD's that you're interested in. A good number of sellers don't even bother to answer queries, so you can safely assume that their product isn't legit.

If you're looking for legal titles I always find it safest to look in big 'official' bookstores, preferably branches of chainstores. Some of them have a floor with DVD's and CD's and those spots are usually bootleg-free zones. Haven't shopped at any of 'em in a year or so, but legit DVD's usually go for about 35 to 55 RMB, if I remember correctly. And BTW, boots are sold for a fraction of that price, in South China they go for around 7 RMB.

Thanks for the input, feel dddhouse is exspesnive compared to what you may find compared to domestic dvd and blu ray sales (was buying a lot of blu ray for less than 5 dollars for example)

I have seen dddhouse still has things at 15 to 20 dollars for a lot of titles, was hoping to maybe get the price of those titles down more :)

I'll look over all the suggestons here in due time and see what is out there.

Thanks for the input, feel dddhouse is exspesnive compared to what you may find compared to domestic dvd and blu ray sales (was buying a lot of blu ray for less than 5 dollars for example)

"Domestic dvd and blu ray sales..."? Dunno what kind of comparisms you make here, but you 're certainly not talking about HK-made Blu Rays, aren't you? Or even any Chinese/HK films on Blu. The cheapest deals you find for those would be the standard "buy two for 100 HKD" bargains offered in many HK DVD shops. That's still 50 HKD a pop, more than 5 US in other words. Even in the City's second-hand places its difficult to find BD's for less than 50 HKD. And what shops actually price down are usually older, not so well selling titles. But you can find some BD's at DDDHouse for substantial reductions too.

next to DDDHouse, 'Yes-Asia' is the next obvious one. And there is the American site 'DVD Empire' which has a shed load of DVD's including martial arts and hong kong movies.

Yesasia is just like dddhouse but a little more expensive, but they have offers on shipping. If you spend over a certain amount of money on an order then the shipping becomes free.

At that price they have to be boots? Maybe they're really good ones & don't look like boots? But yeah I'm pretty shocked at that price too.

I used Yes Asa a lot before but on new movies the price is just too much with most new titles going over 20 dollars.

50HK would be getting better... I'm going to see if there is a shop in the biggest city in the location I'm in here in China. If I find any websites I'll let you guys know, but it may not help if most of you aren't in China though.

50HK would be getting better... I'm going to see if there is a shop in the biggest city in the location I'm in here in China. If I find any websites I'll let you guys know, but it may not help if most of you aren't in China though.

Safe yourself the time to locate a shop selling HK-made DVD's or Blu Rays in China. I've never come across one. Guess looking for it is as futile as looking to buy today's edition of the 'South China Morning Post' anywhere in China. "One Country, two systems", remember?

There's a German site, I ordered from them in the past, and accidently erased their link, after not using it for a long time... Now, I can't remember it. Can anyone help me out?

DDDhouse.com and amazon.com. Every once in a great while I buy something used on ebay, but that’s rare. Other than that, that’s all I need. If a movie is not available to purchase, I take an “alternative” route. Hey, not my fault something’s OOP or not available to buy.

I have used a german site in the past called D&T Mailorder.

Yes, that's the one. I found it again by back-tracking... It's a decent site, and I've ordered from them a couple times.

I was thinking on placing a order from thaimegamart.com but what I want to order is some dvds that been out of print for a while and the price is really cheap are they the type of company to say something is instock then not have it instock I really hate that are they reliable ??? THANKS!!!!!!!!!