I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest WuxiaFan

Where do you buy your DVDs?

Aren't they filled with bootlegs?

I dont mind one way or the other, as long as I get the old english dub and good picture quality. What I dont like is "backordered" scribbled on one invoice with no other info, no projected eta, no way even ask about it. They dont answer emails either. Yes I did have a similar experience with the quick arrival of the 2 other movies I ordered, but that was 2 months ago. Suggestions on wherelse to look? Pretty much just use amazon now:sad:

Aren't they filled with bootlegs?

I only ordered some DVDs that i could not find anywhere else....

So my guess is yes they are bootlegs taken from OOP discs.

Like "Naval Commandos" which i am not sure if this was over officially released.

It was. I admittedly downloaded it, but it was a Celestial reissue.

then maybe these are legit releases :-)

The dont look bootleggy and all have UPC codes etc.. so .. not sure honestly.

Anyone used Globaleasysell aka Moviesville recently?

I placed an order and their site says all orders ship in 24 hours.. but still nothing.

I emailed twice and all i get back is a response that they will check.

then maybe these are legit releases :-)

The dont look bootleggy and all have UPC codes etc.. so .. not sure honestly.

It's possible they're bootlegs using official discs as source material. I recall an unauthorised US release of Secret Rivals that had the same extras as the official Soulblade UK disc. Panmedia I think, which won't come as a surprise to long-time HK fans...

It's possible they're bootlegs using official discs as source material. I recall an unauthorised US release of Secret Rivals that had the same extras as the official Soulblade UK disc. Panmedia I think, which won't come as a surprise to long-time HK fans...

Good point.. it kind of sucks... when backtracking stuff that i didnt get at release time because i have no idea whats legit or not. I really want to get the legit release of anything if at all possible. But when you dont know...

I will give a Negative to use DVDasian.com ... i orders 9 discs all listed as "in stock".

they then cancelled my order saying my items were all discontinued :-(

Good point.. it kind of sucks... when backtracking stuff that i didnt get at release time because i have no idea whats legit or not. I really want to get the legit release of anything if at all possible. But when you dont know...

It's sometimes the only way, which sucks. If the only official releases were in another territory and are now deleted, what choice do you have? You're stuck with bootlegs or pirating them yourself. Both are as bad as each other really, although doing it yourself at least means you aren't keeping a dodgy company in business.

It's sometimes the only way, which sucks. If the only official releases were in another territory and are now deleted, what choice do you have? You're stuck with bootlegs or pirating them yourself. Both are as bad as each other really, although doing it yourself at least means you aren't keeping a dodgy company in business.

agreed. From now on i am going to really keep on top of new releases to avoid this.

save bootlegs for the stuff that really isnt released :-)

DDD House-HK based used tons of times

YesAsia-HK based,pricey but reliable

ZoomMovie-Malaysian based,goodprices,shipping is a little long.

PlayAsia-HK,pricey but have good deals sometimes/they are good at listing what is in/out of stock

I have used these 4 and have always got my stuff. It seems the common issue with all a lot of sites is having items listed as in stock and then they aren't actually in stock. This means they have to source the disc from somewhere else and it takes longer.

DDD House will email you and then ask if you want to get something else,but I've noticed they have gotten better at keeping their site up to date. Yesasia has notices beside their items so you can see if an item is ready to be shipped in 24 hrs it is in stock, if it says a week etc. you know they don't have it. ZoomMovie same type of thing.

They all sell legit dvd,s so if you have a little patience these might be an option.

tenebre i 100% agree with you when it comes to dvdasian.com.i orderd some shaws from them 3 times and only once i got the order.the other 2 times the movies that i orderd said instock but i waited for a month in a half both times.they did not have the movies i orderd instock so i had to cancel the orders both times and get a refund.

and its sad to say but alot of places are like this:sad:

Update - I finally got a refund from GLobaleasysell.com

Their "everything is in stock and ships in 24 hours" crap is a joke. 15 days no ship. every email got the response "it will ship soon". I filed a dispute with paypal and now have a refund. I ordered 20 different discs and not ONE shipped. not sure what their game is....

DDDhouse - Best (so far for me)

yesasia and boyoyo - never had a problem

Far East Flea Market (amazon store) - also good never had an issue

Far East Flea Market (amazon store) - also good never had an issue

I've used their eBay store plenty of times. No problems whatsoever.

Being honest. Most of my stuff is Downloaded & then burnt on to a DVD. Now as of late I am trying to get titles that I really want in Blu-Ray. Been using ebay for that. If you're diligent you can get some good deals on Blu-rays from there. I almost never pay more than $12 for a BR.

I think Yes Asia is the best site around but those prices keep me away. Does anyone know a good source for Blu-Rays?

Also what is the best priced sites you've seen. When it comes to DVD. I don't worry too much if its bootleg as long as its good quality. BR's are different, I want the real deal there.

Someone earlier posted about local stores. Back in the VHS days. I had a few great places to hang out. Most notably 43rd Chamber in Times Square, NY. I loved to go there and talk to these old guys who knew every movie by just describing 1 scene,. Amazing. Also got friendly with a few low-key spots in Chinatown. Which is not easy as they are not very welcoming to westerners at first. But in time I won them over.

Rasputin, Fry's, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart. I usually buy my movies from these spots.

I miss Suncoast in the mall. :sad:

I remember Suncoast! You ought to find out if there is a FYE near you, or Second Spin! I come across good stuff there now and then. Last time I was there, I saw Celestials Challenge of the Masters for $3!!

UK posters, how is dddhouse?

no bullshit?

I've never had any trouble with them. I always keep my purchases low though as I'm not willing to risk getting a customs bill. If I recall they usually take about a week from the time they notify you shipping. Overall I recommend them.