I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest WuxiaFan

Where do you buy your DVDs?

Guest WuxiaFan

If anyone has anything to add to either list, or about any retailer, please reply.:smile:

Recommended Sites:

HKFlix.com (USA) (by using the links from kungfucinema.com, that helps support the site!)

Yesasia.com (HK)

Shaw.intercontinental.com.hk (official site for IVL/Celestial Shaws - they have ALL Shaw DVDs released by IVL/Celestial)

DDDHouse.com (HK) (Celestial Shaws)

DVDAsian.com (USA) (Celestial Shaws)

Deepdiscount.com(USA)

Amazon.co.uk (UK)

Amazon.co.jp (Japan)

Amazon.com (USA)

Chaos.com (Australia) (HKL discs)

Sensasian.com (Malaysia)

Buyoyo.com (HK)

Play-Asia.com (HK)

Play.com (UK)

CDWOW.com (UK)

HMV.com (UK)

Pokerindustries.com (USA)

Bestbuy.com (USA)

BN.com (Barnes-Noble) (USA)

DVDPlanet.com (USA)

AnimEigo.com (USA) (they have good sales sometimes)

Fivestarlaser.com (Celestial Shaws)

Olivefilms.com(good selection of cult cinema)

Boulevardmovies.com(good selection of cult cinema)

hkdvdstore.net

Samuraidvd.com(Custom subbed Japanese DVDs - large selection, but pricey)

Fareastflix.com (USA)(They sell DVD-R's as "Custom DVDs". Use with caution. I bought Zatoichi 14 from them which was very good. But I also bought Lady Constables which sucked)

Sites not recommended::ooh:

Kungfumovies.net (USA)

Hongkong-store.com (UK) - I bought HKL DREADNAUGHT from them earlier this year and it was not new when I got it - it was not shrinkwrapped and there were scratches on the back of the disc. The DVD played fine, but I emailed them and described what I received and they refunded my credit card! So, use them with caution!

My "mainstream" flicks I pick up Walmart, and they occassionally have a new Kung Fu release like Dragon Dynasty's Fist of Legend or 5 Venoms. Everything else I get on Ebay, but occassionally I'll add some movies to my queue if I'm placing an order on Amazon.

I used to use HKFlix but that was mainly when my collection of movies largely composed of PanMedia (before I realised they were bootlegs). Now that I'm after Celestials and similar types, I'm about to place my first ever order at DDDHouse.

Guest Khameleon

Hey, I was looking for information about samuraidvd and found someone talking about it here. For anyone who's bought from it, can you give me some info about their movies? Are they just burned DVD-R's or are they professionally made? Thanks

Glad I could help, gorhama. :)

For HKL discs, recommend you check chaos.com and amazon.co.uk first. Those sites will be cheaper and chaos.com has a bigger selection. Hongkong-store is very pricey, so I would only use them for something you can't find anywhere else, such as DREADNAUGHT.

i bought from amazon.co.uk before and love it! they got to me in about 3 days and shipped out super fast - faster than amazon.com's free standard shipping. i live in the us so i'm impressed. i was able to get DREADNAUGHT (HKL) from amazon uk too and the prices were great.

i also bought from amazon.com, yesasia.com, and picked up a few from target and walmart.

Guest WuxiaFan

If anyone has anything to add to either list, or about any retailer, please reply.:smile:

Recommended Sites:

HKFlix.com (USA) (by using the links from kungfucinema.com, that helps support the site!)

Yesasia.com (HK)

Shaw.intercontinental.com.hk (official site for IVL/Celestial Shaws - they have ALL Shaw DVDs released by IVL/Celestial)

Deepdiscount.com(USA)

Amazon.co.uk (UK)

Amazon.co.jp (Japan)

Amazon.com (USA)

Amazon.de(Germany)

Amazon.fr(France)

Sensasian.com (Malaysia)

Buyoyo.com (HK)

Play-Asia.com (HK)

Play.com (UK)

CDWOW.com (UK)

HMV.com (UK)

Bestbuy.com (USA)

Barnes-Noble.com (USA)

DVDPlanet.com (USA)

AnimEigo.com (USA) (buy direct)

Fareastflix.com (USA)(They sell DVD-R's as "Custom DVDs". Use with caution. I bought Zatoichi 14 from them which was very good. But I also bought Lady Constables which sucked)

hkdvdstore.net

Sites not recommended::ooh:

Kungfumovies.net (USA)

Hongkong-store.com (UK) - I bought HKL DREADNAUGHT from them earlier this year and it was not new when I got it - it was not shrinkwrapped and there were scratches on the back of the disc. The DVD played fine, but I emailed them and described what I received and they refunded my credit card! So, use them with caution!

I buy from different places, according to price, shipping, availability, etc. Certain places have earned my loyalty due to excellent customer service.

Primarily use:

Yesasia.com

Hkflix

DDDhouse

Chaos.com

Sensasian.com

Best Buy

Fry's.com

and a particular German outlet which I haven't ordered in a while, and name escapes me as a result.:tongue:

ethaicd.com (Thailand)

Used them off and on for years with no problem, but since most Thai dvds (of Thai movies) are being released with out English subs, not so much any more.

devoteddvd.com (Australia)

Used them for years with no problems, their prices are usually pretty good too. Don't usually use them for asian films (I did pick up Man From Hong Kong from them).

cdjapan.com (Japan)

Expensive, yes, but if you're looking for a English friendly Japanese site...(this has been mentioned already, but isn't in the list). Used them off and on for years, never had any problems.

koreapop.com (Korea)

Again, expensive, but they've got a fairly deep catalog (only place I've found that still sells the R3 (Korean) limited edition Wonderful Days or AAchi & SSipak, for instance). Have only used them once (Wonderful Days LE), but they delivered..

Hong Kong cinema where I pick my stuff have already mentioned,yesasia excellent in delivery speed.Thaimegamart is best for prices but cannot fully recommend it unless you have lot patience.Mostly it goes smooth but not lot faster than snail.If you are lack of money and patience it is recommended definitely though.

For hollywood pleasures,2nd hand shops are the ones to go for.I just picked punisher war zone for 3€ and 24 season 7 10€:bigsmile:

Guest WuxiaFan

Recommended Sites:

HKFlix.com (USA) (Under new ownership as of 11/2009)

Yesasia.com (HK)

Deepdiscount.com(USA)

Amazon.co.uk (UK)

Amazon.co.jp (Japan)

Cdjapan.co.jp(Japan) (English friendly, but pricey) (just added)

Amazon.com (USA)

Amazon.de(Germany)

Amazon.fr(France)

Devoteddvd.com(Australia) (just added)

Sensasian.com (Malaysia)

Buyoyo.com (HK)

Play-Asia.com (HK)

Play.com (UK)

CDWOW.com (UK)

HMV.com (UK)

Bestbuy.com (USA)

Barnes-Noble.com (USA)

DVDPlanet.com (USA)

AnimEigo.com (USA) (buy direct)

Kurotokagi.com (Custom subbed Japanese DVDs - large selection) (just added)

StuffYouWanted-TheSamuraiDVDStore (Custom subbed Japanese DVDs - large selection) (just added)

Frys.com(USA) (just added)

Koreapop.com(Korea) (pricey)(just added)

Questionable Sites::ooh:

Kungfumovies.net (USA)

Hongkong-store.com (UK)

hkdvdstore.net (USa)

Edaymovie.com (USA)

DVD Comparison Sites (Just added)

Dvdcompare.net

Dvdbeaver.com

Hi I know this is an old thread but I just recently ordered from fivestarlaser.com, but it's been 5 days and they still haven't shipped my order. I just wanted to know if this is just standard practice for them, and if anyone has had problems with them before.

The last time I ordered from them, they never emailed me. The order came pretty quickly. Maybe they just don't send notifications.

Speaking of Buyoyo, they used to mail from Hong Kong, but the last couple of shipments I've received (in the last few months) have originated from Singapore. Their website doesn't make any mention of the Singapore location. Their HK mailing address on the boxes is even covered with a Singapore return address. Is that a good sign? I haven't had any reliability issues, I just find it odd they make no mention of this new shipping location.

KFS

hkdvdstore is from New York, i've ordered from them several times and they are fast with delivery. They have some gems, may not have your favorite brand. Just thought I would clear things up about this particular store.

From my experience, they sell bootlegs.

At least you got your copy! I ordered Dreadnaught (and the Sammo Hung book) from them last year. I emailed them a few times to ask about my order. They said they'd send it soon. I never got it, and every other time I tried to email them about a refund or my items they ignored me. That's my experience with them, I'd agree with you. Use them with caution!

Guest WuxiaFan

If anyone has anything to add to either list, or about any retailer, please reply.

:yociexp67:

Recommended and Reputable Sites::smile:

HKFlix.com (USA) (Under new ownership as of 11/2009)

Yesasia.com (HK)

DDDHouse.com (HK) (Fortune Star/Golden Harvest/Celestial Shaws) (Excellent Prices!)

Deepdiscount.com(USA)

Amazon.co.uk (UK)

Amazon.co.jp (Japan)

Cdjapan.co.jp(Japan) (English friendly, but pricey)

Amazon.com (USA)

Amazon.de(Germany)

Amazon.fr(France)

Devoteddvd.com(Australia)

Sensasian.com (Malaysia)

Buyoyo.com (HK)

Play-Asia.com (HK)

Play.com (UK)

CDWOW.com (UK)

HMV.com (UK)

Bestbuy.com (USA)

Barnes-Noble.com (USA)

DVDPlanet.com (USA)

AnimEigo.com (USA) (Excellent Prices!)

Kurotokagi.com (Custom subbed Japanese DVDs - large selection)

Frys.com(USA)

Koreapop.com(Korea) (pricey)

Fareastflix.com (USA)(They sell DVD-R's as "Custom DVDs". Use with caution. I bought Zatoichi 14 from them which was very good. But I also bought Lady Constables which sucked):ooh:

Sites NOT recommended OR Use With Caution:

:21_003:

Kungfumovies.net (USA)

Hongkong-store.com (UK)

hkdvdstore.net (USA)

Edaymovie.com (USA)

StuffYouWanted-TheSamuraiDVDStore (they rip from kurotokagi.com and samuraidvd.com and then undersell them)

:khi3f:

DVD Comparison Sites

Dvdcompare.net

Dvdbeaver.com

I either usually order online from Amazon, or Ebay, though I've been getting a few floaters and scuffed up discs in the mail, so I've been trying to avoid buying online, my other usual venue is FYE, which the wife wants to hit the mall tomorrow, so I'll look around in there, I have often found some really good deals there.

Play.com doesn't ship to the US, do they? I tried registering but there's no option for US when setting your address.

Nope, they only ship to certain European countries (and a couple just outside Europe)

From the US: Amazon.com I love Amazon prime and their prices are usually the best.

From Japan: Amazon Japan, good pre-order and regular discounts offsetting the shipping costs.

From the UK: Amazon UK, but I've only used them once or twice, still I got the Red Cliff two movie Blu-ray for 19 USD shipped!

From Hong Kong: I use HKflix, but also DDDhouse and Buyoyo. However, I live near NYC's Chinatown so I really don't need to get HK stuff from abroad anymore (at least new movies). I really recommend Buyoyo if you are order a bunch of titles, as it offsets the shipping cost for courier.