I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

HONG KONG 2010 trip

For those members who are planning to go to Hong Kong....

please contact me direct so we can discuss tentative plans to meet up and possible activities.

Thanks, T

I will not be able to join u guys /gals this time. :sad:

My work schedule & changes in management have "force" me & a few others to change our vacation plans.

I can still take vacation at my original dates but I do not want to be on the "bad" side of the new management & leaving when they need me the most - I am one of the 2 most senior / seasoned employee & they are leaning to us for "guidance".

I am pushing back my vacation but I will still be going to HK but at a later date.

I canceled my hotel reservations yesterday and my flight when I do come later in the winter or spring - my company will pay for it - so it is not a total loss.

I will not be able to join u guys /gals this time. :sad:.

Sorry to hear, thekfc. Hope you get over there eventually.

Hong Kong came to me today as my bank delivered to me some of the local currency.

Colorful currency they have!

Have various activities planned but if anyone has suggestions of places to visit / things to see --

would love to hear them and maybe get the chance to snap some pix for you.

Clock is ticking .... 10 days left.

You guys have a great time in the HK, sorry I couldn't make it, it was just a bad year last year, I'll have to live vicariously through you, Gonbay!

You guys have a great time in the HK, sorry I couldn't make it, it was just a bad year last year, I'll have to live vicariously through you, Gonbay!

You will certainly be with us in spirit brother.

It was Tosh who suggested this trip initially and --

I want to thank him for that as this trip would never have happened otherwise.

And hey, never too soon to start discussion of the next gathering.

Maybe something a little closer to home in which more folks can join in.

Or as Bugs Bunny would say, "Bon voyageee".

Have a safe journey, watch out for each other, eat lots of the great food.

Takes lots of pictures.

And if anyone sees anything Fu Sheng related, poster, 8x10 etc., and can pop for it, I'll buy it!

Just a quick synopsis of what's going on so far:

Monday met with Big Mike Leeder for discussion about Hong Kong film industry. Nice guy. We appreciated him taking time out of his day to meet with us.

Visited Fu Sheng's burial place. We have video and photo that will be posted.

Tuesday we will visit Chang Cheh's burial place and some Bruce Lee spots. Later in the day meet with Bey Logan.

Terry arrived on Sunday night as did Monica and my wife and I arrived on Saturday night. Jesse might have arrived last night, haven't seen him yet this morning.

Visited Fu Sheng's burial place. We have video and photo that will be posted.

Tuesday we will visit Chang Cheh's burial place and some Bruce Lee spots. Later in the day meet with Bey Logan.

Thanks you guys, will weep long and loud but looking forward to seeing them. Stay safe.

Made it back last night. I'll need a day to get my photos and video together and then I'll post. Did meet Bey Logan. Had a nice talk with him. He's working on a movie and will release a book soon about his life in kung fu cinema. Glad he was able to take time out of his schedule to meet us. Nice guy.

I'll do something similar for Chang Cheh tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'll also post some thoughts about the trip in general and a rundown of other thing we did.

I'll do something similar for Chang Cheh tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed it. Tomorrow I'll also post some thoughts about the trip in general and a rundown of other thing we did.

Can't wait to see and read more. Thanks brother. Was it everything you guys hoped it would be?

Thank you so much for making this video, it turned out very well, and the photo at the end is very good, all good quality. It is a very lovely spot. Glad everyone made it home safely too.

Thanks

Thank you. I really felt that I was there with your camera shot. I have not words. Is very touching. Can't stop crying. I never conceal my feelings. I posted in YouTube a latin prayer. It came from my heart. Thank you.

Alexandra

I know that place in Fanling by name, but I have never been there before. But my mum has been there. I'm original from a village which is not too far away from Sheung Shui(that's only 1 station from Fanling). So next time I will visit there.

Unfortunately I discovered this morning that the majority of the footage I shot at Chang Cheh's burial site is damaged and unusable. What I do have I've posted below along with some closeup pictures. Teako170 and JesseSmooth took video also and I'm sure they will post it.

Fu Sheng site is really easy to find like BORNINHK said. You get on the MTR (HONG KONG train system) and get off at Fanling. The shrine is directly across the street from the MTR station at Fanling.