I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

HONG KONG 2010 trip

Hi Monica,

I emailed them with my regular email & I also did an online reservation with them.

They replied to my online reservation, not to my emails. I had different info in both & the one in the online res. was what they had for me.

They got back to me in less than 24 hours

Here is the link

http://www.ramadahongkong.com/hk/eng/reservation.php

They also gave me a quote of HK$3850 for 7 days. - which is $496 USD at present exchange rate.

Try the online reservation - you don't need to give your flight number - just the info with an the asterisk*.

Plan to book my flight in the next week or two.

Price recently jumped $40 so I want to lock it in before it continues to rise.

Also, got a better deal with Ramada.

Filled out their Commercial Account ap and got a slightly lower rate.

I am still on board.......nothing changes.

I have been watching ticket prices - hopefully I should be buying my tickets within the month or so.

Looks like we got seven confirmed thus far. Hope a few more might still consider joining in on the fun. Again, this is an open invitation to anyone on the forum.

Great opportunity to hang with Big Mike Leeder and Bey Logan, visit Mark Houghton and The Lau Family Hung Gar Kung Fu School, see the Shaw Studios, visit the graves of Chang Cheh, Fu Sheng, and Lo Lieh to pay our respects, see Bruce Lee's old home, plus tons of sightseeing and much, much more....

This sounds like such an awesome trip. I wont be able to make it but heres hoping for lots of pictures, some reports? and good golly, a video?!

You can count on it. I plan to take a truckload of photos (on my recent trip to CA, I took over 500 pix). I thought about taking some video but presently don't own a camera and I don't want to buy some cheap-o crap just for this trip. Would love to rent a nice HDcam - but I'm on the fence. I do plan to either do a daily "blog" from HK or, if I don't have EZ net access, create a day-by-day summary of our adventures on my return and post here.

Whatever happens, I (along w/ the others) will have plenty of pix and tales to post.

I may be able to come. There's a strong chance it will co-incide with another trip I should be making to Asia. I would love to check out any Shaw Brothers related sites.

I had a very bad year since I came up with this idea, things are looking up so I'm not going to say die yet but I'm very uncertian at the moment, I'll have to see where I'm at in a couple months.

Man, it has been a dream for a long time to go to Hong Kong...wish I could go but right now got some financial stumps and well, I may as well announce it...got another little kung fu fighter coming to this world around Jan 24-30 :D

But someday...I will go to Hong Kong...no matter what it takes!!! :D

Hope everyone who is going have an awesome time!!!!