I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

HONG KONG 2010 trip

Finally got a green light, over the winter, for converting it into a museum.

I just hope that it will be complete by next Jan. for our trip.

Jesse,

That hotel looks fabulous.

I just couldn't do the roach motel thing.

My dad and I were looking for "Westernized" hotels that wouldn't cost a fortune. The prices for May and June aren't bad. Hopefully, they'll be around that range when the time comes. XD

The prices for May and June aren't bad. Hopefully, they'll be around that range when the time comes. XD

I've been in contact w/ Ruby Liu (Reservations Manager.) She quoted me a price of HK$ 600 per night (plus 10% service charge) for a Standard Room. For six nights, this winds up at $510. Much better deal than the $778 I'm paying now at the Cosmo. Thinking about switching to the Ramada. Here's their official site in English.......

http://www.ramadahongkong.com/hk/eng/homepage.html

I've been in contact w/ Ruby Liu (Reservations Manager.) She quoted me a price of HK$ 600 per night (plus 10% service charge) for a Standard Room. For six nights, this winds up at $510. Much better deal than the $778 I'm paying now at the Cosmo. Thinking about switching to the Ramada. Here's their official site in English.......

http://www.ramadahongkong.com/hk/eng/homepage.html

That's not bad at all! I'll make my plans within the next month. Although we'll be keeping busy, part of the experience would be staying at a good hotel.

Though there are the local cats who may as well be good. :P

I also want to clarify that HK is a day ahead of us due to the international time zone. So we are planning on arriving there on Jan 24? So we would leave on Jan 23, right?

Yes. My flight leaves Sat AM and arrives Sun PM.

I wish I had read this thread earlier in the year then I would have started saving etc.

Really doubt I would make this one.

But, if this goes well and a repeat trip is in the pipeline for the following year, then I am on board.

I am seriously considering joining you guys.

I have to clear some things at work first & have to wait until my boss comes back next month.

The departure date is the 23rd (for us in the US) but when is the the departure date from HK (the 30th?).

The Ramada Hong Kong looks good.

I just checked my passport & it is still valid- until 2011.

Let me start looking into flights.

Now I have to stop spending money & save up.

Sounds good thekfc. I'll be catching a nonstop out of Newark on the 23rd and leaving HK on the 30th. However, its really up to the individual on how many days they plan to spend in HK.

And for those who are still on the fence and thinking maybe they'll join in the following year .... There's always the possibility of going again [ some years down the road ] but at this point there's certainly no plans for that. Hope you can join us this January.

The Ramada HK was one of the few hotels I saw that looks good & had a great price, so I was trying for it

I called them & a lady told me that they do not have the rates for next year yet, to send them and email - which I did.

teako, Jesse or anyone else, have you guys already booked your hotel yet?

I also say the Ramada Kowloon had a rate of $67/night & for 8 night it would be $536.72, so I took it as a standby if I cannot get the Ramada HK.

http://www.ramadahongkong.com/kln/eng/homepage.html

The only difference I saw between the 2 were the Ramada HK had a Exercise room & satellite TV which the Kowloon one didn't.

The only other hot I was looking at was the Eaton - a couple of customers who visited the company I worked for usually visit HK & they recommended The Eaton to me. but is it a little bit pricier - $83/night

Now I have to look for flights out of the NYC area.

teako, Jesse or anyone else, have you guys already booked your hotel yet?

I booked at the Ramada last month. I believe Jesse is as well (or was in the process).

I booked at the Ramada last month. I believe Jesse is as well (or was in the process).

Which one? Hong Kong or Kowloon?

Since it is my first trip to HK - I want to get some ideas as to where everyone is staying so I don't have to venture

to far from everyone else.

Which one? Hong Kong or Kowloon?

Since it is my first trip to HK - I want to get some ideas as to where everyone is staying so I don't have to venture

to far from everyone else.

I did as well. The one in HK.

Ruby Liu just got back to me

One room booked for the Ramada HK.

I will be there 2 days before you guys - arriving on the 22 & leaving on the 30th

Ruby Liu just got back to me

One room booked for the Ramada HK.

I will be there 2 days before you guys - arriving on the 22 & leaving on the 30th

Sounds good. Looking forward to meeting you.

Now, who else will join in on the fun...?