I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

HONG KONG 2010 trip

Just realized it was March and about a year away for this trip, hence an update...

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6025

We have several members who had expressed serious interest in making this and I hope others can join in on the fun. Again, this is an open invite to ALL members - no matter where in the world you're coming from.

More updates to follow in the coming months....

Prices on flights have probably went down here so we'll have to come up with a solid date at some point. I'll check with my friend about getting a hotel, I think his friend that lives there is in the hotel business, might be able to get a discount rate or at least figure out where's a good place to stay.

Hey,

just been to hk in february,spent some time with Bey logan..it was cool watching The tournament and having a live audio commentry from Bey..

anyway I will set up my hk trip for 2010 ath the same time when you guys come over so we can meet up...XD

I know a few martialartist/actors through my training..on my last trip i also met one of the guys that got killed by bolo in bloodsport...anyone remember the kung fu guy from bloodsport ? He is Dennis Chiu,he was pretty much ripped and did some hung gar stances...he is actually a hung gar master and has a bonesetting clinic in mongkok...his uncle is chiu chi ling...his father chiu wai older brother of ccl and in kung fu circles highly respected ...

It would be kool to go, it is one of the places i would like to visit, and my old man says i should go travel Asia when i graduate, but money is very tight, especially these days, but still hopefully might be able to make it :)

Hey all,

I have been planning for a while to go to Hong Kong next year, around the time you have all mentioned. This could be great, it would be good to meet you all and put some faces to the names. FrankyLau, how did you get to meet Bey Logan? It would be very special if we could all meet him next year. . .

Im tempted. My girlfriend has family in Hong Kong, so I can definitely see a - two birds brutally beaten to death with one stone - type scenario.

I do, however, have a pretty nasty fear of flying. Maybe if I've had hypnosis or something by early next year, then I might join you guys.

Im tempted. My girlfriend has family in Hong Kong, so I can definitely see a - two birds brutally beaten to death with one stone - type scenario.

I do, however, have a pretty nasty fear of flying. Maybe if I've had hypnosis or something by early next year, then I might join you guys.

Nothing a couple stiff drinks at the airport bar won't take care of:monkey14

Things are starting to gel people.

We are going to shoot for the week of January 24-30, 2010.

Been doing a lot of research on HK and, no surprise, the hotels are not the cheapest. One I found is 'The Salisbury YMCA' which is in the Kowloon area. Don't let the Village People name fool you; it looks pretty decent. One that Tosh found is 'The Cosmo' which is on HK Isle side. Both have possibilities. While everyone isn't going to stay at the same hotel, it would be good if we were all within the same general area.

A great website for reading reviews is http://www.tripadvisor.com.

I've read about 100/125 reviews just on these two hotels alone. Some good advice.

Another site: http://www.hong-kong-hotels.ws

Gives you some ideas on places to see, tours available, etc.

While I won't booking my flight until summer, I do plan to get a room much earlier than that. Probably within the next few weeks actually. Hotels don't normally charge your credit card until check out and you can easily cancel/change dates without any penalties. Don't want to wait until the last minute and be stuck like Fu Sheng and his uncle ("When you're poor, you must struggle") by sleeping in those beehive cubicles. ;)

Still 10 months away. Plenty of time to scrounge up some extra cash. Hopefully you can come join us for this trip of a lifetime.....

if I not stay in Fanling I always stay in Chungking mansions, a double room starts from 150 HK Dollar...many of the hostels already have free internet on their rooms etc...the rooms are very small though but clean and safe...

anyway,the building looks a bid dodgy..just watch chungking express hehe

anyway I always enjoy it there...just thought I post an alternative option which is probably much cheaper in comparison to the standart hotels...

FrankyLau, how did you get to meet Bey Logan? It would be very special if we could all meet him next year. . .

Bey once also studied Hung Gar under my sifu Mark Houghton..so we are kinda kung fu brothers...Im sure I can arrange a meeting with him...

if I not stay in Fanling I always stay in Chungking mansions, a double room starts from 150 HK Dollar...many of the hostels already have free internet on their rooms etc...the rooms are very small though but clean and safe...

anyway,the building looks a bid dodgy..just watch chungking express hehe

anyway I always enjoy it there...just thought I post an alternative option which is probably much cheaper in comparison to the standart hotels...

20 USD sounds more like it, I just need a place to crash, I don't plan on sleeping much, that 12 hour time change makes it hard. Looked it up on the map and it's around the corner from the ymca.

So is Januray a busy time for HK? I know it's getting close to the Chinese New Year. I was in Shanghai for the first half of May holiday, it was nuts, I've never seen that many people in one place before.

Edit -

I just looked it up, it says 200-220 HKD, still only 25 USD, here's the link -

http://www.chungkinghouse.com/

Looks like a winner to me.

I see they give you a discount for staying more than 1 day, and more than 5.

Bey once also studied Hung Gar under my sifu Mark Houghton..so we are kinda kung fu brothers...Im sure I can arrange a meeting with him...

Im sure he's dying to meet up with the fansite folks who keeps trashing him and his efforts:D

I'm gonna start trying to get things planned out this month as far as room reservations and making sure my passports still good, haven't used it since visiting Cancun, Mexico several years back.

I was wondering do I need a visa to visit HK or do I just need a passport like when I visited Mexico?

Im sure he's dying to meet up with the fansite folks who keeps trashing him and his efforts:D

well he is a fan himself and also one of the friendliest guys u could meet..

but yeah I noticed that some guys here trash him and that goes beyond my comprehension.. i dont think that I would introduce guys like this to him...on the other hand Bey could talk some senses into them hehe..

Edit -

I just looked it up, it says 200-220 HKD, still only 25 USD, here's the link -

http://www.chungkinghouse.com/

my friend,this is just one guesthouse in the chungking mansions...itjust uses the name chungking..chungking mansions is a big building with 18 floors and 6 blocks,the whole building is full with guesthouses....chungkinghouse is one of them...just recently in march I stayed in osaka house 13th floor block c,price for a double room with internet for meandmy wife was 180 HKdollar...;)

I was wondering do I need a visa to visit HK or do I just need a passport like when I visited Mexico?

If you are US citizen U dont need visa,u atomatically get a 3 months visa when you enter HK,this also goes for most europan countries as well as for the UK

Hey Monica, you should read it. That's one of my favorite books on Hong Kong cinema. It's kind of like a starter course though, and I told Bey that I wish it was ten times as many pages! :D

Bob I will try to do that! Hey did you get my email earlier this week?

Yes, I just responded to it about 5 minutes ago! LOL Sorry for the delay in responding, it's been a crazy few weeks. My little cousin just passed away, and I had to rush my lady to the hospital the other day. We may be going on a trip to Hong Kong soon... but her gall bladder won't! Thankfully, she's doing okay now. It's good to find solace from these troubling times rapping with you guys and gals on the board.

Booking my hotel at The Cosmo in a week or so.

Plus - found a nice non-stop (both ways) Newark to HK for just under $1000.

I'll probably lock that in soon as well to get that rate.