I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

Linn Haynes Memorial Collection

Yeah so sad, very sad. And very hard to believe. I get sad every time I come to this forum, it's hard not too.

God bless you Monica.

It's great to see Linn's spirit survives!

LHMC still needs banner art to promote it and I haven't had time to make any yet. If anyone with graphic art skills would like to put together a banner or two, even as a place holder or alternate art for use on other web sites, feel free to post it here. I'm looking for masthead art (600x100) and any other banner sizes (728x90, 160x600, 468x60, etc.). Text should include "Linn Haynes Memorial Collection" and optionally references to lobby art or magazine scans.

Also, if anyone else has high-res lobby art they wish to contribute send me a PM or email to make arrangements.

To Teako, Magicpoe, Monica, Mark, and Carolynn- this is truly a beautiful thing that you've all done here, and I know it would make Linn proud. Bravo!

Bob,

Yes Linn would be (and is) proud...He is looking at this stuff now and can read it without a translator program! I have to excuse myself from the list though..Teako, Mark, Carolynn & Magicpoe were & are the ones who made this happen. They are the masterminds & master scanners behind this tribute. It is so wonderful and I can't thank them enough.

To my brothers (Teako, Magicpoe, Mark) and Sister Monica (I never met Carolyn, but thumbs up): Good work! Now, I have to get the steppin' on my own projects: something that I hope you all would like and something Linn would be proud of.

Hi Betty. There will be a total of 132 issues in this collection.

Every month from Jan. 72 - Dec. 82 will be represented.

About 60% of the collection will consist of "Southern Screen."

The other 40% will be a mix of "HKMN" and "Cinemart."

After a brief hiatus, the latest entry for the LHMC is now up.

February '82 issue with Ti Lung cover. Enjoy....

We have switched from a bi-weekly to a monthly schedule.

Stay tuned for future issues each month.

Thanks! Other than the titles mentioned in the accompanying blurb, I also spotted pics from HOUSE OF TRAPS and GANG MASTER. Love the PERILS poster on the inside back cover. And of course I was totally digging the LEGENDARY WEAPONS pics. :bigsmile:

Guest HongKongMaster

im sure linn would have wanted that everybodys can download them in jpg, not only for the profit of one site on a shitty flash book

Excellent work! Shame we can't collect them in ZIP archives or something downloadable in case anything ever happened to KFC...

You are quite right G. The images were intended to be downloadable for everyone's enjoyment and to be shared with others. I will talk to Mark about this.

im sure linn would have wanted that everybodys can download them in jpg, not only for the profit of one site on a shitty flash book

The flash book concept is an application that many enjoy. Sorry you do not feel the same way. As I replied to falkor's post, yes, the scans were meant to be downloadable and one that will be addressed.

I'll look into options for making all the scans in the collection available for download. It might be easiest to upload zip files to a file sharing site and post links. I'll try to get this option up for the next upload and gradually get the previously published material uploaded in zip files as well.

The latest LHMC post is now available. It features the January, 1976 issue of "Southern Screen."

I've also begun uploading zip files of the original scans to Mega Upload. I will begin sharing links here and on the posts as they become available.

Edit: Here's the article link.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/lhmc-southern-screen-magazine-january-1976-12975