I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

teako170

Linn Haynes Memorial Collection

Hard to believe - but its now been a year since Linn Haynes was with us. As I mentioned in the past, his knowledge of these films was only surpassed by his willingness to share said information. Though we can never pay Linn back, we can pay-it-forward (yes, just like in that Kevin Spacey/ Helen Hunt film).

I wish to announce on this eve of the one-year-anniversary of Linn's passing on how a fellow collector and I are planning to do that very thing.

LHMC4.bmp

An issue from each month (January 1972 to December 1982) will be represented by one of these three publications: Southern Screen, Hong Kong Movie News or Cinemart. Every issue will be complete (cover to cover), full-print size, 200 dpi, and no watermarks.

These issues will become available for download and available only here at KFC.

As an added bonus, magicpoe has contributed approximately 300 Lobby Card scans which will also be a part of the LHMC.

Mark and I are still discussing the specifics of this and hope to have this up and running by early summer (or sooner) -- so stay tuned.

Oh, almost forgot. Did I mention that these 10,000 scans will all be FREE!

It is our hope that Linn's memory will be further perpetuated by this collection and that these scans will be passed onto future fans of these films who will continue to appreciate this genre long after we too are gone. So please, pay it forward....

linn_one_year.jpg

Lo Mang and Linn Haynes / August 2007

This is a mammoth undertaking on Terrence's part and I'm pleased to have an opportunity to host it. This project is being done in the true spirit of kung fu movie fandom that Linn Haynes promoted during his life. Not only will this collection house a treasure trove of printed material for martial arts cinema buffs to freely peruse, it will also be presented in a dynamic, interactive way. This is going to be one of KFC's best features yet and I'm looking forward to unveiling it.

This is an awesome tribute Mark and Terrence. Linn was always a great guy to discuss movies with and when I was running High Impact online back years ago, he was without a doubt, one of the biggest supporters. Very nice pic of Linn and Lo Mang. :)

I have no words that can express how much this Memorial means to me. You all at KFC have been a very dear lifeline for me this year. Thank you to everyone for everything you have and will continue to do in honor of Linn.

One year ago my world stopped, my heart broke with Linn's sudden death. Immediately I knew I had to get in touch with someone on the forum. From the moment the news hit the outpouring of your love & respect for Linn was overwhelming. I had no idea how many lives he touched. I have been blessed to meet some of you in person and talk with others on the forum. I know it isn't much but thank you. I look forward to continuing to meet more of you and learning more about the Fu life from all of you.

Love,

Mo

Way to go Guys with the Memorial! I never had the privilege to meet Linn but I did chat with him via emails quite a few times. Great Guy he was always was open to help fix a problem on the site.

T, I give you a thumbs up all the way. I, myself am doing a special project of my own that will be kept under wraps. A couple people know. It will take me this year and next year to complete. Stay tuned. XD

This looks like it's going to be most excellent, and a worthy tribute. For committing to such an impressive undertaking you have my respect.

I thank you very much. A fitting tribute to one of the - if not the - nicest people I have met and learned from on the internet... in the world.

I am not one for platitudes, but to say how I feel at this yeardate I would like to paraphrase something Ravi Shankar said about George at the George Harrison Tribute Concert:

Linn is with us now, how could he not be when so many of us that love him have gathered here to sing for him?

Mo, thanks so much for sending me stuff. I appreciate your kindness and admire your tenacity...

This is a great way to keep Linns memory alive, he was one of the greatest contributors to our genre, looking forward to what you come up with T.

hey,

fine gesture and initiative. My utmost respect to those involved willing to put in their free time and passion into this project.

It seems like the text (not the flash stuff) is almost getting cut off at the far left edge of the screen, however, I am using a 10-year-old computer, with Win 98SE and Netscape 7.2, so it may just be me.

Actually, I couldn't tell ya how the flash works, since I don't have flash even installed in this browser.

EDIT:

I tried with IE 6.0 (same computer) and Flash 9 (I think) and it seems to work fine, but the text is still almost cut off on the edge of the screen.

That may be your browser. IE is notoriously finicky when it comes to CSS layouts and I stopped testing with IE 6 a long time ago. It should format properly with IE 7 and 8 though. You might also try using Chrome or Firefox. Those browsers conform to current CSS standards better.

Guest HongKongMaster
These issues will become available for download and available only here at KFC

THANKS!!!! but how to download them on our computer?