I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
jiujitsu77

Crying Fist (2005)

I love this movie! Great in every way. I was really impressed with the way the two fighters are equally represented- neither being "the one we're supposed to root for". So by the end, I was so invested in what was happening- either way it would have been good and bad!

Did you see the uncut version JJ77? I know the HKL version was cut (worth picking up for the extras though)... can't remember how long my uncut version is off hand. But THAT'S THE ONE TO SEE!

I guess we Irishmen are all born romantics- I may have had a tear in my eye too during this one. Well we do everything with a lot of emotion and passion- be it fighting or loving- so sometimes these movies'll get ya! :cry::cry::cry::angel:

I love this movie! Great in every way. I was really impressed with the way the two fighters are equally represented- neither being "the one we're supposed to root for". So by the end, I was so invested in what was happening- either way it would have been good and bad!

Did you see the uncut version JJ77? I know the HKL version was cut (worth picking up for the extras though)... can't remember how long my uncut version is off hand. But THAT'S THE ONE TO SEE!

I guess we Irishmen are all born romantics- I may have had a tear in my eye too during this one. Well we do everything with a lot of emotion and passion- be it fighting or loving- so sometimes these movies'll get ya! :cry::cry::cry::angel:

Oh damn, i had no idea the hkl version was cut. Whatever was cut, was it significant?

The uncut version I have may be the official release for the film's festival tour, or the Korean version- I'm not sure. But it runs 134 minutes long. The HKL's version is listed on the back cover as 117 minutes. Even with differing running speeds and what-not it wouldn't make a difference of 17 minutes! I'm not sure which scenes were trimmed because I saw the uncut one first. I really loved it, so when HKL released it I bought it. But when I was showing it to a friend I noticed something missing. So I changed to the original disc and that's what we watched. I compared the running times and saw the difference, but I never went through the film to see what was cut. The HKL one has "deleted scenes", and these may encompass all of the missing footage- I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that the "making of", interviews, and all the other extras still made the HKL version well worth buying. But I wish they would have used the longer version of the film. :S It looks so wonderful, and has great subs and audio, but... I think they did the same thing with... was it MUSA? Releasing the shorter version as their DVD release. :l

The HKL is chopped to ribbons and the official Korean release is the way to go!

The Korean movie Champion is also another good Boxing. It tells the true story of Koran Boxer Kim Duk-koo...Great little movie!

I got the Premier Asia dvd of for a puond(£1) the other day

Great price! But you should really try to see the uncut version, then enjoy the Premier Asia DVD extras afterward.