I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

A Chinese Torture Chamber

Zero Woman - Red Handcuff

Two Champions of Shaolin

Brothers Five

Red Shoes

Breaking News

A Deadly Secret

Ambitious Kung Fu Girl

Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2

The Lost Boys 2-- watched it and then gave it away to the first person I ran in to, a stranger, and they were super excited like I had just given them gold.

Once again a bunch of mostly non-Kung Fu DVD. KFC is only one facet of my movie addiction. I have many.

Latest buys:

Bob Marley - Live at the Rainbow

Tai Chi Master (Dragon Dynasty)

Challenge of the Masters (Tokyo Shock)

Guest MrGranger

LONGSTREET complete series (bootleg dvds)

MARLOWE w/ Bruce Lee (bootleg dvd)

GREEN HORNET complete series (bootleg dvds)

Would you mind telling me how these look? I'm interested in them all but I hate getting boots because they usually are horrible and the $$ isn't going to anyone who worked on the show. (Many of whom haven't made much since the 70's.)

I recently picked up Hana Yori Mo Nao, Love And Honor, Three Outlaw Samurai (the HK disc has mediocre video but the film is still great), Samurai Wolf I & II, Zatoichi's Pilgrimage (yes...the REAL one. Great DVD from Merlin), Tenchu!, and the Mikogami Trilogy. I cannot get enough of the period samurai films.

I wish I could afford decent quality DVDs of some of the TV series, I haven't found any that aren't 2 episodes per disc at around $15-20 a disc. (even considering these are DVD-R) With the large # of episodes these shows have it can be pretty expensive.

I ordered these a few nights ago. HKFlix is having a big sale on these for $6.00 each unless that's just their regular price for these. Hope at least some of these are good...

Martial Arts Showdown Volume 1:

THE LEG FIGHTERS (have already)

DEATH RING (used to have)

KILLER OF SNAKE, FOX OF SHAOLIN

KILLER FROM ABOVE

EAGLE CLAW & BUTTERFLY PALM

CHALLENGE OF DEATH (have already)

Shaolin Collection:

SHAOLIN MONK

SHAOLIN MONK FIGHTS BACK

SHAOLIN HERO

Ninja Six Collection:

NINJA HUNTER (seen before)

NINJA IN THE DEADLY TRAP (have already)

NINJA VS NINJA

NINJA IN THE USA

NINJA VS BRUCE LEE

NINJA VS SHAOLIN GUARDS

99 CYCLING SWORDS

DIRTY KUNG FU (if this is the same movie, I have the original poster for it)

HE HAS NOTHING BUT KUNG FU (have already)

NINJA SUPREMO

NINJA WOLVES

SECRET OF THE CHINESE KUNG FU

THE 72 DESPERATE REBELS

THE DEADLY SWORD

THE DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU

INVINCIBLE KUNG FU TRIO

INVINCIBLE KILLER

THE 18 JADE ARHATS (used to have)

THE GREEN JADE STATUETTE

THE SIX DIRECTIONS OF BOXING

TWO DRAGONS FIGHT AGAINST TIGER

...and picked these up tonight at BB...

ROGUE

TIME SLIP 2 disc

FRONTIER(S)

BATTLE BENEATH THE EARTH/THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR (double feature)

MOON ZERO TWO/WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH (double feature; there's supposedly been a recall on this one because the unrated cut with the sex scene has been issued instead of the G rated cut claimed on the box. I was lucky enough to get one of these as these just came out last week).

PRIDE FC: SHOCKWAVE 2006

PRIDE FC 34: KAMIKAZE

Damn, Venoms5... That's a lot of films, enough to keep you busy for some time!:D

Lots of those Kung Fu titles I have, and they'd make entertaining evenings at the least.

Damn, Venoms5... That's a lot of films, enough to keep you busy for some time!:D

Lots of those Kung Fu titles I have, and they'd make entertaining evenings at the least.

Yeah, if only I had time to watch some of them. I already have some 200 dvds sitting unopened on my shelves. At least they're there when I get around to checking them out.:D

Morgoth, Dragon and whoever, I'll post that kung fu list in another thread and you give me your thoughts on those movies to give me an idea what to expect.

I was going to get those but BB was sold out of most everything Shaw save for BAT WITHOUT WINGS and SHAOLIN INTRUDERS but I already have those. I had THE MASTER in my hands but put it back.

How are the interviews with CKT on this one? I was very disappointed with the HEROES TWO dvd as he wasn't given the opportunity to really open up about the films production and didn't really tell anything that wasn't already known. CKT seemed so ecstatic to talk about his experiences I'm a bit shocked he didn't do a (subbed) commentary track which would have been incredible to hear his stories seeing how he was in the film. MB has done subbed commentary tracks in the past so this was a terribly missed opportunity here.

Well it's pretty much the same old story, another missed opportunity. The interview with him is the same one from Heroes Two.?! I agree he seemed prepared to really "open up" about his experiences, however, maybe the party conducting the interview saw it as a laborious task, and didn't seek to seize an opportunity most fans would die for.

The interview with him is the same one from Heroes Two.?!

Heroes Two and The MAster have 2 different interviews. I thought they were good. I think I'm really easy to please when it comes to these interviews. Out of all the Dragon Dynasty and other interviews I've heard in the past couple years I've enjoyed them all.

The interview was fine but nothing overly revealing. The main reason to watch it for me was just to see CKT today and he did seem rather pleased to be getting some attention from fans. Still, a commentary track from the man would have been an extremely welcome addition to that, or any of these discs with movies he appears in. He obviously remembers them quite well and appears jovial to discuss his time working with Cheh and the other actors but for whatever reason, MB decided against doing this, or just didn't think about it at all.

CKT seemed so ecstatic to talk about his experiences I'm a bit shocked he didn't do a (subbed) commentary track which would have been incredible to hear his stories seeing how he was in the film. MB has done subbed commentary tracks in the past so this was a terribly missed opportunity here.

That is a very goo idea to have him do a subbed commentary, but I don't think it's possible. I could be way off on this, but Chen kuan Tai isn't doing these interviews individually. MIke Leeder did this interview awhile ago, so it looks like MB is showing different portions of it on each DVD release (BTW is every MB Shaw release going to star Chen Kuan Tai? lol :P).