venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

18 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

Looks like a nice set. I had heard of a Ring 2, but not of the third one (which I assume must be a prequel).

Yeah 'Ring O' is an origin story.

c6f92218-d9de-4712-a8d4-c4221fd40348.jpg

8d369a92-8a1b-488f-a3a0-04c2a62454ce.jpg

From arrows buy 1 get 1 free anniversary sale..Dunno about Smiles(D`Amato has made lots bad movies) but word is Iguana is NOT top-tier giallo so saleprice was welcomed when fetching these 2.

The Unity of Heroes (2018) I bought this at Dimple Records, and thought that would be a good local source for Well Go USA releases.  Two weeks later (June 2019), Dimple announced it's closing all of its stores, due to changes in the music industry, and the owners want to retire. 

The Unity of Heroes (Blu-ray)

Went to a San Francisco Bay Area Japanese videostore and picked up -

Yagyu Jubei: The Fate of the World (Yagyu Jubei Yonaoshi Tabi, 2015 TV movie) - Jubei comes out of retirement to save the Japanese government from falling into chaos.  Cast includes familiar faces from samurai and yakuza shows of decades ago (Saigo Teruhiko, Fukumoto Seizo, Matsukata Hiroki, Riki Takeuchi.  Can't find a cover image.  

Inuyashiki: Live Action The Movie (2018) based on the sci-fi manga by Hiroya Oku.  Takeru Satoh (Rurouni Kenshin) plays the young psychopath cyborg villain.  The movie is similar to the anime series, with a different ending, with a possible to-be-continued hint, instead of a definite end for the anime series. 

Inuyashiki Poster

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Chapter 1 Live Action The Movie (2017).  Until Funimation releases a U.S. Blu-ray/DVD, I' can watch this; it's based on the supernatural action manga by Hirohiko Araki.  The movie is an origin story to the later anime series. 

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

Yaowarat (gangster movie set in Thailand, 2003, Tai Seng) on sale.  

Yaowarat

Edited by whitesnake

Sorry in advance because that was highly predictable, but...

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Chapter 1 Live Action The Movie (2017).  Until Funimation releases a U.S. Blu-ray/DVD, I' can watch this; it's based on the supernatural action manga by Hirohiko Araki.  The movie is an origin story to the later anime series. 

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

... you thought Funimation would release a US BD/DVD, but it was I, Dio.

Was delighted to see "double face" was back in stock during Arrows anniversary sale. Would have gotten it directly from them anyway later but now get as free Dario Argentos "cat o`nine tails" which I remember almost nothing.

When arrow releases italian films it`s often title which has been available previously somewhere as dvd but as far as I know double face never been released except as on tape. Well maybe bootleg dvd at most...

Damn their prices are cute now during sale and shipping cheap too..Should maybe get Ring Boxset and American Horror Project vol2...

c603c1f0-2858-44fd-b0dc-7b8be462d37c.jpg

Sieppaa.PNG

Edited by Tex Killer

23 hours ago, Secret Executioner said:

you thought Funimation would release a US BD/DVD, but it was I, Dio.

Oh, sorry, it was actually Viz Media, not Funimation, that got U.S. distribution rights to the live action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure movie a year ago.  So I'll buy the Viz Media Blu-ray for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure when it gets released here. 

Hmm.....

1- "Howard The Duck" (1986) Haven't sen this since I was a kid. All I can recall about it is Lea Thompson almost having sex with a duck. lol 

2- "The Hitcher" (2007) I haven't seen it yet, but I'm calling right now that Sean Bean will probably die. lol

3- "The Mothman Prophecies" (2002) Watching this right now as I type. 

4- "Dark Water" (2005) Sounded interesting. 

5- "The Punisher" (1989) Cannot decided whether this one or the 2004 version is better. Both are great though. 

6- "Cloverfield" (2008) Finally get to see this film! 

7- "Supernova" (2000) I've heard people talk about this movie. So I decided to check it out. 

8- "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" ( 2003) I sort of like this film, even though most people don't. 

9- Dragonheart 1&2 (1996 & 2000) The first one is a childhood film of mine that I love. The other one is okay. 

10- Spiderman 1&2 (2002 & 2004) My favorite Spiderman movies. The others don't even come close. 

11- "Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone" (2001) Been a while since I've seen these movies, so I decided to jump back into them. 

12- "The Twilight Saga" (2008-2012) They came free with some of the other films I have here, so now I'm the proud(?) owner of all of these films. lol

The East is Red, Hitman, Secondhand Lions, Gone In 60 Seconds (original), the godfather trilogy on Blu ray, and After Hours. All $1usd each at the local public library sale. The East is Red looks like it will at least have good action in it.

15 hours ago, lilmanjs said:

The East is Red, Hitman, Secondhand Lions, Gone In 60 Seconds (original), the godfather trilogy on Blu ray, and After Hours. All $1usd each at the local public library sale. The East is Red looks like it will at least have good action in it.

Nice finds for a $1! "Hitman" and "Gone in 60 Seconds" are really good!

18 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Nice finds for a $1! "Hitman" and "Gone in 60 Seconds" are really good!

I haven't seen Gone in 60 Seconds since I was a kid, so this will be a treat. Simon Yam was better than I expected in Hitman too.