venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

I got: 

1- "Batman: The Animated Series: Volume 1" (Original Run: Sep.1992- Sep.1995; This collection seems to have come out in Dec. of 2005) I've only seen a little of this show when I was little, but I remember it being awesome. So I got this collection to relive some memories and I might eventually get the whole series. 

41wrXYGm+bL.jpg

81SnbEWNk4L._SL1500_.jpg

51o+heiBY+L._SX342_.jpg

Nothing in asian cinema now at local shop although considered bloodthirsty trilogy. But maybe next time if still on their shelf...

Edited by Tex Killer

my recent orders:

Alfred Hitchcock 14 Movies collection

2j0gtqx.jpg

This one is a double dip

Best Buy 4K UHD Steelbook & Target 4K UHD Digipak.

11h5647.jpg

And this one

qobzex.jpg

1 hour ago, thekfc said:

Alfred Hitchcock 14 Movies collection

2j0gtqx.jpg

Looks like a great selection from the movies I could recognize on the cover - The Man who knew too much '54, Rear Window, The Birds, Vertigo, The Rope... I think Psycho, Suspicion, Spellbound and Marnie could be on here too, but I'm not too sure.

46 minutes ago, Secret Executioner said:

Looks like a great selection from the movies I could recognize on the cover - The Man who knew too much '54, Rear Window, The Birds, Vertigo, The Rope... I think Psycho, Suspicion, Spellbound and Marnie could be on here too, but I'm not too sure.

The 14 movie on there are:

1. Saboteur,

2. Shadow of a Doubt

3. Rope

4. Rear Window

5. The Trouble with Harry

6. The Man Who Knew Too Much

7. Vertigo,

8. Psycho

9. The Birds

10. Marnie

11. Tom Curtain

12. Topaz

13. Frenzy

14. Family Plot

His other movies like Dial M for Murder, The Wrong Man & North by Northwest are not on there as they are own by Warner Home Video, this set is by Universal.

Figured it would be similar to the Universal 7-movie set I have that contains the following:

1. Vertigo
  2. The Birds
  3. Marnie
  4. Tom Curtain
  5. Topaz
  6. Frenzy
  7. Family Plot

I got the others Universal films - and a good chunk of his other 40 films - on DVD on their own.

His Universal movies tend to be among my favorites. I'm especially fond of the four movies starring Jimmy Stewart, as well as Frenzy and Marnie. Topaz is IMO rather underrated, but it probably suffers from comparisons with previous Hitchcock movies. Still a fun romp and a very suspensful movie, though not as gripping or intense as other movies of his.

Edited by Secret Executioner
Rewriting the part on the Universal movies.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:28 AM, DarthKato said:

I got: 

1- "Batman: The Animated Series: Volume 1" (Original Run: Sep.1992- Sep.1995; This collection seems to have come out in Dec. of 2005) I've only seen a little of this show when I was little, but I remember it being awesome. So I got this collection to relive some memories and I might eventually get the whole series. 

Saw the complete series dvd collection at Walmart yesterday; all 5 seasons for $60.

21 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

Saw the complete series dvd collection at Walmart yesterday; all 5 seasons for $60.

Yup, I saw that too. I'm planning on getting it as soon as six months of birthdays and Christmas gets over with. lol