I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

Picked up some DVDs during my trip to the States:

Street Fighter
Karate Warriors
Blood of the Dragon
Hero
Challenge of the Masters
Big Brother
Shadow
Project Guttemburg
The Golden Job
Unity of Heroes
Master Z

DVDs bought.png

Picked up a bunch, last two months, these are but a few. 

Battle Creek Brawl, Snake & Crane arts of Shaolin, Outland, Horror Express, Four Riders, Death Stalker, Godzilla and Fury of the Shaolin Master 

movies1.jpgmovies 2.jpg

Sister Street Fighter Collection - and I finally bought a Blu-ray player to watch it on 

Sister Street Fighter Collection

Rampant - the South Korean period zombie, walking dead, whatever they are, movie 

Rampant

Buffalo Boys - still don't if this is any good, but I'll watch it anyway 

Buffalo Boys

The Jimmy Wang Yu Collection with The Tattooed Dragon, One-Armed Boxer, Beach of the War Gods, Man Called Tiger 

The Jimmy Wang Yu Collection: (The Tattooed Dragon / One Armed Boxer / Beach Of The War Gods & Man Called Tiger)

I'm looking forward to some of the Asian home entertainment releases over the next three months.

Edited by whitesnake

15 hours ago, whitesnake said:

and I finally bought a Blu-ray player to watch it on 

they still make those?  

😓..

These 3 were delivered over the weekend.

k51r2a.jpg

Aquaman is a double dip for me as I got both the Best Buy & Target exclusive packaging (I pre-ordered both a while back).

Best Buy 4K UHD Steelbook

20kc3t4.jpg

Target 4K UHD Digibook & it is Lenticular.

If you hold the packaging one way - Black Manta will display and if you tilt the packaging then Aquaman will display.

8wfqqq.jpg344v9qs.jpg

Noise Index 2018

released by Japan's 16 Shots Per Second label; featuring artists from Japanese, Chinese, and Taiwanese contemporary noise 'music' (a recent interest of mine)

39BE40A9-741A-4439-A258-7155FBEA6612.jpeg

On 4/3/2019 at 5:40 PM, Takuma said:

mp3.jpg

While genre fans about adore this I was disappointed with it. Still severin presentation is reportedly lot superior to shameless br I have(which is not bad at all but I am not nihilistic on these tech things so at least on PQ wise you are surely safe. Hopefully you like movie too, may give it a 2nd chance soon.

Spoiler

far far too much is spent into blue-eyes stalking edwige and she is having too often nightmares. Final motive was also quite silly considering. On the other hand there is some good things like "cult party". Just my 1000€ but I love directors Torso lot more.

81uPXP+vCpL._SL1500_.jpg

Finally got this, on a day it was supposed to be delivered courier company stated they do not have it so contact to amazon. Another strange thing happened but after close to 3 weeks finally got it...well amazon gave consolation vouchers for efforts £10 so all the trouble and complain at chat was so all the darn trouble and 2-3 grey hairs were maybe even worth it. Today probably watching 1st movie

818QRZ-iqeL._SX342_.jpg

Pre-order price is good now at amazon.com and haven`t seen this little gothic masterpiece for many years. Erika Blanc has probably never looked more hot but that`s not reason (alone) to pick it but movie is highly interesting. There is little to shop around these days when it comes to great european retro cinema so nice to see them releases even at sometimes.

Picked up some DVDs yesterday:

2000 A.D.
Versus
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3
Fearless Hyena
Shaolin Deadly Kicks
Heroes of Shaolin
Kung Fu Hustle
Time and Tide
Legendary Amazons

Recently watched the original Bangkok Dangerous, so thought Id pick up the American remake. Figured it was worth the blu ray being paired with another mediocore looking movie, the Paris setting and Travolta could be cool at least. Disliked Forbidden Kingdom as much as anyone else, but enjoyed near stoner, yet relatable, quality of the main character looking for old fu gems. Worth a revisit sometime. A cheap Sister Streetfighter slimcase, only because its all the rage rn (I dont need the superior release lol). The King Tut doc is apparently part of a 52 DVD set by the History "Channgel" lol. All from a dirty pawnshop, other oddball stuff there I was on the fence about picking up, including a slimcase 36 Fists with Jackie Chan, but I already have that title so passed.

EA220860-C171-46DB-85A8-F3F7C9B5AE18.jpeg

2DCFE630-C36F-4E98-BAF3-BFAA6102CF87.jpeg

Picked up Dr Wai in "The Scripture With No Words", The Master, The Three Swordsmen, Duel To The Death and the South Korean movie Going By The Book at the local library sale yesterday.