I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

10 hours ago, Shaolivevil said:

HOLLOW POINT is a great movie. It's another one of those movies that flew under the radar and didn't get much fanfare but it had a great cast and a great story.

I've caught it once on T.V a long time back, but don't recall much about it, but that was a time when I consumed more films in aweek, than I do in a month now. Looking forward to re-watching it again soon.

I Forgot to list this purchase in my last post.

157009641.jpeg

Two DVD from Synapse, a blu ray from Arrow, the latest Shaw Brothers blu ray from Koch Media, DVD of Fist of the Double K from FilmArt and Asia Line DVD volume 16 - Invasion

IMG_1886.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li

TC 2000, I'm so mad I didn't get the bluray that was up on diabolik. That is the only place I order my movies from. Occasionally amazon since I have prime for the free shipping. Did any of you guys buy anything on black friday or cyber monday? I stocked up on some vinegar syndrome titles. 

51T1lRBE0dL.jpg

51SspChxzRL.jpg

81QSRH17vvL._SL1500_.jpg

71BuE5PO9HL._SL1500_.jpg

81194XxB5EL._SX342_.jpg

^City was sort of free as used reward points, was thinking some weeks about it as already own good quality release. But new scan and lots of physical extras were too tempting and atm this new release has gone OOP.

Picked this up in the local HMV, where its gong fr a bargain 9.99, only it comes with the slipcase and film cards.

Picked up the same film on VHS, in a full screen, bootleg release, for not much less, from the same store, many moons ago. Now we Fu fans might like to moan about the state of modern releases, but this is a huge improvement in my opinion.

217231_front.jpg?t=1544235118

Edited by DragonClaws

I've honestly only been buying DVDs/Blu-Rays for a year (I believe Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods a few years ago on digital was my first film purchase) so I'll just list them all. Hardcore Henry (Digital and Blu-Ray. My first physical movie purchase. Had to buy it after seeing most of the movie with my bro.

Mad Max: Fury Road. I saw this at Wal-Mart...and thought it was Blu-Ray because it was blue. Got my first Blu-Ray player with my PS4 and actually didn't have BR with Hardcore Henry, hence it being also digital. Anyway, massive BR library addition fail here and those cheap bastards at Wal-Mart didn't even give me a DVD with special features...luckily Fury Road is one of the greatest movies ever. Except for maybe The Godfather, this movie has the greatest pacing out of any film I've ever watched. I didn't know this had the original Mad Max director/writer/creator until weeks ago and it shows and then some. Seriously, this movie is even better than even that would imply. Like if Chris Claremont's return actually re-revolutionized the X-Men good.

Riddick Trilogy on Blu-Ray. I thought this had the new Riddick film...but it ended up having the animated film instead. I'll skip Chronicles of Riddick, of course.

John Carpenter's The Thing. Blu-Ray. My favorite and most watched movie of all time. Like with Pitch Black, I still haven't watched my own copies of the movie after not seeing this for 10+ years lol Master procrastinator.