venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

@lilmanjs We're already buying Christmas gifts?

@DragonClaws Wasnt too familiar with this (usually brush comic stuff off anyway) but the actor looks really cool with the blonde white guy afro, very reminiscent of 70s caucasian martial artists. Makes me want to check it out lol, Ill keep a lookout for your review.

Was organizing some stuff and realized I hadnt posted about these awesome Jackie Chan VHS boxsets I got a few months back.

BDC649CA-8F92-4C2D-BCA9-CFBFB19005CB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Koravec said:

@DragonClaws Wasnt too familiar with this (usually brush comic stuff off anyway) but the actor looks really cool with the blonde white guy afro, very reminiscent of 70s caucasian martial artists. Makes me want to check it out lol, Ill keep a lookout for your review.

Picked it up mainly for the other half, as HMV have a great FIVE film for £20 offer on at the moment. Only watched one episode yesteday evening, and it does have a good 70's vibe to it so far. The fight choreography etc, hmm, not really seen enough to fully comment on it. I've no knowledge of the comics, apart from what I read on here. There's clearly a big nod to David Carradine's Caine character, from Kung Fu. With the hero having his anger under control, rather than it control him.

4 hours ago, Koravec said:

Was organizing some stuff and realized I hadnt posted about these awesome Jackie Chan VHS boxsets I got a few months back.

There was a discussion about these in the Chansploitation thread, unless they got deleted?.

Picked up these recently too, along with the Piseden Adventure re-make for my better half/girlfriend.

02-17558.jpg?w=500

71OzQAXgzUL._SY445_.jpg

On 9/24/2018 at 6:42 AM, Koravec said:

We're already buying Christmas gifts?

I am also already buying X-Mas gifts - actually almost finished.

Gifts for family members in Asia are done.

Left to buy are for the wife & son..........and myself. :wink

Ooooooh! That looks awesome!

So I ordered a DVD from FLK cinema before reading all the messages from folks around here saying how they basically steal other people's work and make money out of it.

What a bummer... it said the movie was widescreen, and of "excellent quality"

What I got was average quality at best (I would grade it C), and the widescreen is a stretched version of the 4/3 DVD release (I have screenshot comparisons from the 4/3 release to compare)

So a cropped 4/3 resolution (from 1.85:1) release which was then stretched back to 16/9?

What a waste of money. It was quite expensive too. I'm never ordering from these crooks again. I'd much rather support real hard-working people bringing actual quality value to us like Eureka above.

Ordered Legend of The Mountain from Kino Lorber today. Can't wait for the Blu Ray to arrive. Also, at this time it is 33% off on their own store, so that's like $10usd off the normal price!

01-317283.jpg?w=500

There's an extened Cut on the above edtion, but its only playable on certain mobile phones, Meh, even if I had such a phone, I cant watch films on screen's that small.

I-Daniel-Blake_DVD_3D.jpg

You can never go wrong with a Ken Loach film, and the other halfs been wanting this title for some time.

Flowers in the Attic Movie Collection (2014 to 2015) Got this through Amazon a few days ago. Pretty good adaption of the books by V.C. Andrews. Only problem was the last film( Seeds of Yesterday) which came off as very mean spirited.   

Fight Club (1999) Haven't seen it yet, but I've heard its pretty good. 

The Last Samurai (2003) I didn't used to really like Tom Cruise all that much. But lately I've started to appreciate some of his work. Got this to see if its any good. Still need to watch it though. 

Blade Runner: Director's Cut (1982) Heard it was good, so i picked it up at Walmart for $5. I believe this was the best version of it(For those that have watched it, is this a correct assumption?) 

47 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

Blade Runner: Director's Cut (1982) Heard it was good, so i picked it up at Walmart for $5. I believe this was the best version of it(For those that have watched it, is this a correct assumption?) 

A lot of people like The Final Cut the best, but I prefer both the Director's Cut and the Workprint better. Would be nice if we could get a fanedit that would take the Workprint and replace the missing (as of its completion, not yet completed score) score and put that into it.

On 9/29/2018 at 3:47 PM, lilmanjs said:

A lot of people like The Final Cut the best, but I prefer both the Director's Cut and the Workprint better. Would be nice if we could get a fanedit that would take the Workprint and replace the missing (as of its completion, not yet completed score) score and put that into it.

Cool, thanks for responding. I'm happy with my purchase then. =D

I just ordered Death Race : Beyond Anarchy looked ok from the trailer, looks to have a little Ma action in it not sure if shot good or done right but...

815GuZ-lYpL._SX466_.jpg

Edited by slinky#1

I picked up my pre-order today from Best Buy, "Sicario: Day Of The Soldado" Steelbook.

de2r6u.jpg

I haven't open mine yet but this is how the steelbook looks when opened.

2r2wvur.jpg

Five DVDs and the new German blu ray of Snake in the Eagle's Shadow. Thanks again to @Ronin for the lightning quick transaction on Female Demon Ohyaku

IMG_1837.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li

Latest batch of DVDs ordered from Amazon  - Super Sentai: Choujin Sentai Jetman: The Complete Series in Japanese with English subtitles, from Shout Factory, this has got to be the best, and is loosely based on the Gatchaman anime series  

Power Rangers: Choujin Sentai Jetman: The Complete Series

Avengers: Infinity War DVD, missed it in the theaters, and would rather get it on home entertainment than just watch it on Demand.  And Spider-Man is in it. 

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Douglas Fairbanks Silent Classics Collection: The Mark of Zorro / Robin Hood / The Thief of Bagdad / Don Q, Son of Zorro / The Black Pirate from Alpha Video but they came packaged separately and there was no box for the set.  But the price was right. 

Douglas Fairbanks Silent Classics Collection (The Mark of Zorro / Robin Hood / The Thief of Bagdad / Don Q, Son of Zorro / The Black Pirate) (5-DVD)

3 DVDs, one of them a very rare Shaw Brothers title I had to get from Far East Flix as there doesn't appear to be a legit DVD release anywhere else

IMG_1841.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li

16 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Vikings%20Season%205%20Vol%201_Pack-zoom

I started watching this show about two months ago and have already whizzed through four seasons. But, is it me or...

Spoiler

...does the show lose somewhat of its appeal when Ragnar dies?

7 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I started watching this show about two months ago and have already whizzed through four seasons. But, is it me or...

As someone whos followed each season from the start, before NetFlix even jumped on it, I'd have to agree. Yet to see this season, but I feel they are trying to cram in too many stories/characters. The focus was on a small band of characters, at the start, now the focus is spread over multipe groups, each with their own agenda.

With any show/series, there comes a time when its run its course, but if the ratings are still coming in. They will extend/prolong it for as long as they can.

I lost interest in The Walking Dead after three seasons, and its still going strong, but how good can the latest show be?.

Edited by DragonClaws