venoms5

What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases?

Well, got these a bit back, but just got around to watching them all and the prints are great. 

DVDs: Soul Brothers of Kung Fu, Edge of Fury, Snake in the Monkey's Shadow

Blu-rays: The Fatal Flying Guillotines, The Savage 5, The Chinese Boxer, Return of the Chinese Boxer 

New DVDs.jpg

Fist of Fury because I really needed what I think is my 7th DVD of FOF...but seriously I've wanted the HKL magazine of FOF for almost 12 years now. I remember seeing a 10 second TV advert for the HKL mag, just a few hours before the two thousand and sixth year of the common era, and wishing I could have it back then, though at the time I wasn't allowed to buy it since my mum didn't think as an 18 certificate it would be suitable for me being only 12 at the time. So I've waited nearly half a life time to get this magazine.

DSC_1921.JPG

On 12/23/2017 at 2:38 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Fist of Fury because I really needed what I think is my 7th DVD of FOF

:laugh lol, I recently brought Fists of Fury (the Chinese Connection Shout Factory) on Blu-ray adding it along side of my HKL DVD.

Christmas was good for me, received some New releases and 2 more Bruce Lee Blu-Ray upgrades, though I'm still keeping My HKL DVDs for the extras.

IMG_9346.JPG

Accquired these over the Festive season, in the form of gifts from people.

Chinese Hercules RareSccope Release

Robin-B-Hood

Eastern Condors

Fist Of Honor

Eliminators Scott Adkins, Stu Bennet

Sniper-Special Op's Rob Van Damme, Steven Seagal

Ghost Dog

Eastern Promises

Death Wish 2 & 3 Box-Set

Edited by DragonClaws

IRON MONKEY (1993) HKL R2 DVD

NINJA IN THE DRAGONS DEN (1982) HKL R2 DVD

AVENGING FIST (1999) HKL R2 DVD

PEDICAB DRIVER (1989) US WARNER ARCHIVE DVD R0

HERO (1997) EASTERN HEROES R2 DVD

DRAGON'S SNAKE FIST (1980) TERRACOTTA R2 DVD (Abandoned Rarescope Print)

HITMAN IN THE HAND OF BUDDHA (1981) EASTERN HEROES R2 DVD

HELLZ WINDSTAFF (1979) EASTERN HEROES R2 DVD

SNUFF BOTTLE CONNECTION (1977) SOULBLADE R2 DVD

HOT, COOL AND THE VISCIOUS (1980) EASTERN HEROES R2 DVD

FLYING DAGGER (1993) MIA R2 DVD

THE ORIGINAL BORN TO FIGHT (1984) RARESCOPE R2 DVD (got for 50p) xD

I think I'm in for a treat with all these classics in my collection. :D 

Picked up a few movies from Amoeba Music earlier today:

Duel to the Death (Mega Star DVD)

The Master Strikes (Xenon Pictures VHS)

Righting Wrongs (Dragon Dynasty DVD; re-titled Above the Law)

Twin Dragons (Ace Video VHS)

19 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

Picked up a few movies from Amoeba Music earlier today:

REALLY?  I must have missed you by a few hours, Ken!  Sold a bunch of miscellaneous titles for cash (including my second copy of Fistfull of Talons).

Edited by Shaolin Patriot

Over the holidays I've nabbed:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Wonder Woman

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Thor: The Dark World

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Fearless Hyena 2 (Yes! I know most folks hate it, but I love the end fight...I think. Been a while since I've seen it.)

On 12/28/2017 at 4:46 PM, Shaolin Patriot said:

REALLY?  I must have missed you by a few hours, Ken!  Sold a bunch of miscellaneous titles for cash (including my second copy of Fistfull of Talons).

Oh, no way! I was there from about 2pm to 4pm on Wednesday. We must've just missed each other. I often run into people at Amoeba. Hope to see ya when the New Bev reopens.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:08 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

Fearless Hyena 2 (Yes! I know most folks hate it, but I love the end fight...I think. Been a while since I've seen it.)

If you liked the end fight to Fearless Hyena Part 2, you'll also like the end fight to Fearless Hyena...because they're the same :laugh. Sorry for the snarky comment; I couldn't help it. :coveredlaugh

Got seasons 6 and 7 of walker texas ranger and season 4 of mama's family as xmas gifts. Nice to have all of walker texas ranger now. And with a gift card to amazon given for station work, bought the uk edition of Star Trek: The Next Generation blu-ray complete set and upgraded to blu-ray for the tng movies.

Perhaps I could have mentioned this earlier but Christmas Day 2017 was the 1st time I watched a movie on Blu Ray, though I had used Blu Ray discs before to play PS3 games. I might not have got into Blu Ray if it wasn't for the Hong Kong Rescue of Project A (possibly my favourite movie) which I had for most of December but didn't watch it till my mum and sister got me a Blu Ray player for Christmas. Then yesterday I got my 1st 2 Shaw Brothers on Blu Ray: House of Traps and Masked Avengers on the 88 Films label. Seriously 88 Films has to be 1 of the best Blu Ray and DVD labels around at the moment. Love the reversible covers with the original posters plus the booklets. Today I got a Mill Creek set of Spaghetti Westerns, it's a genre I've recently been getting more into.

DSC_3802.JPG

DSC_3803.JPG

2 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

but Christmas Day 2017 was the 1st time I watched a movie on Blu Ray

Welcome to the darker side. :evilgrin

Then yesterday I got my 1st 2 Shaw Brothers on Blu Ray: House of Traps and Masked Avengers on the 88 Films label.

Very good choices.

my mum and sister got me a Blu Ray player for Christmas.

Nice gift from the ladies in your life.

That looks like the Panasonic IR6 remote in the first pic of yours.  I have the same remote for my Panny Blu-ray player.

2 hours ago, thekfc said:

Welcome to the darker side. :evilgrin

It is a very good format. I think I was slow to getting it because I was willing to put up with lower picture quality since DVDs are typically cheaper, especially used and a lot of the same things could be found on both. I'm also slightly concerned that it will be harder to maintain in future than DVD, since DVD is more universally supported.

Very good choices.

house of traps.png

Nice gift from the ladies in your life.

Indeed. :smile

That looks like the Panasonic IR6 remote in the first pic of yours.  I have the same remote for my Panny Blu-ray player.

DSC_3802.png

Well spotted it is in fact an "IR6". It's a decent remote though I find it a little awkward since the "Netflix" button is close to the similar shaped up highlight/arrow and I don't think there's a single button for subtitles, I've been going through "option", to put the subs on, personally I like to flick subs on/off with 1 button press but still it does the job.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:08 AM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Perhaps I could have mentioned this earlier but Christmas Day 2017 was the 1st time I watched a movie on Blu Ray, though I had used Blu Ray discs before to play PS3 games. I might not have got into Blu Ray if it wasn't for the Hong Kong Rescue of Project A (possibly my favourite movie) which I had for most of December but didn't watch it till my mum and sister got me a Blu Ray player for Christmas. Then yesterday I got my 1st 2 Shaw Brothers on Blu Ray: House of Traps and Masked Avengers on the 88 Films label. Seriously 88 Films has to be 1 of the best Blu Ray and DVD labels around at the moment. Love the reversible covers with the original posters plus the booklets. Today I got a Mill Creek set of Spaghetti Westerns, it's a genre I've recently been getting more into.

DSC_3802.JPG

DSC_3803.JPG

Very good haul there. Still waiting on my copy of Project A which I ordered last year, but wow, good selection!

On 1/17/2018 at 3:54 AM, De Ming Li said:

Criterion Eclipse series 17 DVD set

That is one of the few eclipse sets the library has here. All of them are fantastic movies.