I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

User ID: Gaijin84

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: since 12/07

How long you've been a fan of these films: since 1993 or so

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): Japanese films & culture, Seven Star Praying Mantis Kung Fu, editor/reviewer at HKMDB

User ID: Juon 408

Location: Trapped in a mountain of snow in the Mid-Atlantic region.

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: Since earlier this month

How long you've been a fan of these films: Since I first seen Bruce Lee and Gojira as a kid.

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): Aspiring comic book/manga artist, martial arts (took karate and was a practice/sparring partner for many local martial artists), yakuza and jidaigeki films, Asian music, curry, sake, writing, etc.

User ID: Niro

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: Since May 2008

How long you've been a fan of these films: Since i was little and saw a couple of jackie chan films on tv, asked my dad about such films and he borrowed Fist of Fury and Big Boss tapes from his friend, i've been interested in these films ever since.

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): Football (Man United for the win), anime & manga, and comedy

User ID: HyperDrive

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: May 2008

How long you've been a fan of these films: Early teens

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): action movies, fishing, ice skating, reading, sports (baseball, ice hockey), video games

User ID: TheGrimReaper

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: Since Oct 2007 (not very active though, however I'm still here)

How long you've been a fan of these films: Since 1987 when I accidentaly saw "Armour of God" and "Five Superfighters" on one birthday party as a schoolboy :)

Any other interests: Writing short stories and poems, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Medal of Honor, movies generally :)

User ID: Asmo

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: January 2008 (I lurked for a while before that though)/

How long you've been a fan of these films: It depends really. I saw my first couple of films when I was 5 or so. I was too young to get into collecting vhs. I still tried to watch whatever martial arts films popped up on the television.

Once I had a dvd player, and was able to earn my own money I started to really delve into these films. It continues...

Other interests: Ancient histories and cultures, learning to speak Japanese, martial arts, music, writing, reading, the odd video game.

User ID - MarsHarmony

Real Name - Marla (Mars)

Location - Oregon, USA

Age - 54!

How long a member - almost a year, ( and yes, a few years of stealth stealing photos), it is a place to speak, whether you are heard or not!

How long you've been a fan of these films - forty years

Any other interests - other than Fu Sheng and Tai Chi, and Mystery Science Theater 3000!?! not many anymore. hahahahaa

:khi8l:

Hi everyone, Mirrorman here from Australia.

I found this forum accidently while looking for more info. on the movie Chocolate, and had to join....looks like there's a lot of great information on some classic movies here. :smile:

Looked at some of the other posts and it got me thinking that maybe I should add a little more of a Bio about myself.

Got my first taste of these movies when I was about 12 and have been watching & been a keen fan of them for the almost 40 years since....OMG, that's a frightening thought. :squigglemouth:

Favorite things, apart from martial arts/action movies are too many to list, but a few are: Japanese Animation / Asian girls / Super Sentai / James Bond /

User ID: AlbertV

Location: Deltona, Florida (originally from Westchester, New York)

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: 6 years and counting :)

How long you've been a fan of these films: 31 years, since the tender age of four.

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): Love various Asian films, some Hollywood flicks, spending time with my family, video games, tokukatsu, Chinese food:xd: Also studied kickboxing and Krav Maga, and want to get back in KM.

I live in Boston, Ma

I have been watching these types of movies since I was 5.

I have been collecting since 1986

I purchase from Bestbuy, Amazon, Craig's List, Newbury Comics, several shops in Chinatown, and some of my kung-fu brothers and sisters.

User ID:10T only kidding

User ID: jrcma

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: exactly a year today & today is 21/4/2010

How long you've been a fan of these films: 2005 seriously 2006/2007

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): real life Martial Arts Practitioner, Video Games

Hello to all my Kung-Fu brothers.

My name is Marc aka daisho2004

I Live in Staten Island, NY USA

I'm a very big Fan of Japanese cinema my 1st. movie was "Shogun Assassin" seen it in the movies in like 1980 was hooked ever since, grew up watching the classic SB movies on the channel 5 Drive -In movie every Saturday afternoon. I remember seeing Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon" on the big screen at the Jerry Lewis movie theater when I was about 10yrs old. I was like OMG that was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. Since then I love Kung-Fu movies and studied Martial Arts when I was younger, but it has remained a part of my life ever since. My Friend Keith Nelson was a really big inspiration in my life who got me into many of the great classic SB movies. He also studied under the Great Grandmaster & Movie Star Carter Wong who I got to meet and have dinner with in Chinatown NYC. Been on this site for many years and have seen it go through a lot of changes, and I love the knowledge we get from one another on here, and from everyone who comes on here from across the Globe.

magicpoe (34)

Living in Arkansas

I've been involved with this forum since Oct 2003

First kung fu film was Shaw Brothers - The Flying Guillotine (late night movie in 1986)

Have a little over 1200 movies in my collection, 2/3 being Kung Fu and/or Martial Arts related

Went to Hong Kong with Teako170, Monica, and Jesse Smooth earlier this year (2010)

Hi guys, Just joined here, glad I found it. Looking forward to discussing kung fu films with like minded people.

Panthro (28)

From UK but working in Western Australia

Been watching/collecting since 2001, but only started buying in 2005. My university had Warriors Two on VHS, which got me hooked!

Dont have many films to my name, maybe 80, mainly HKL films.

Favourite Actor - Sammo Hung

Favourite Film - Too many to choose from but I might go with Warriors Two for the time being.

Other interests - plenty, have studied several martial arts, specifically ITF Taekwondo for many years.

Cheers :)

Greetings all! Stoked to find this forum...for sure.

User: mtausig (mike)

I live in Los Gatos, CA...about 45 miles south of San Francisco. Have two kids, a boy and a girl.

I have been involved in martial arts for over 20 years, mostly in ITF TKD. My son is about half way through his blue-belt (he's almost 7), and LOVES watching HKC (his favorite movies are 36th Chamber and Legend of Drunken Master).

Get my movies from:

Yesasia

Ebay

HKflix

Amazon

deepdiscount

xploitedcinema

craigslist

Currently re-buying as much as I can on Blu-ray. Latest BR purchases:

Wong Fei Hung (parts I, II and III)

14 Blades

Little Big Soldier

Just Another Pandora's Box

Seven Swords

Looking forward to upcoming Blu releases of:

Ip Man (July)

Heroes Two (June)

Warlords (June)

Most recent viewings:

Just finished "Delighted Forest". Glad to have a non-glitched blu-ray. Looks great. Also:

Brothers Five

Heroic Ones

Deadly Duo

Red Cliff (Int'l version)

Ran (not usually in to classic Japanese, but do have a small collection)

Been watching HKC/Martial Arts movies since late 70's, but just started collecting over the last few years. Looking to continue gaining knowledge.

Current favorites:

Gordon (obviously)

Lo Lieh

Ti Lung

Lee Hoi San

See ya' around.

User ID - Sifu Iron Perm

Real Name - Tariq Vasquez

Location - London, UK

Age 29

How long a member - as stated in my profile but been here longer, used to just read and then made an account- "r Hans hairy claw" but lost the password details....

How long you've been a fan of these films - since 2 or 3..still remember Dad watching Enter teh dragon with me and other films.

Any other interests - Hip Hop, History, culture and Huge Huge Boxing follower.

fav actor: Chan or Sammo.

fav film- too many, the genre itself is a marvel.

Location- Omaha, NE USA

Age- 27

Been a member here for around 5 years

Been a fan of these movies since around age 10

Favorite movie fighter- Chang Shan. #2 Hwang Jang Lee

Favorite movie- Legend of a Fighter- this goes for all genres, not just martial arts movies

Location- Astoria, NYC

Age- 30

Been a member here for around 5 days

Been a genre movie fan for over half my life .. starting collecting video tapes in the 90s, DVDs a couple years ago

Favorite movies: horror, exploitation, euro-cult, 70s usa, HK

other stuff .. : record guy , twiddle the Neo Geo every once in awhile , spend most of my money on DVDs/records! got two dogs . into cooking .. love wine/weed .. collecting paperbacks

:wink:

thanks Morgoth for all the Amazon reviews .. you are the mascot for the Kung Fu scene ..

User ID: Drunken Monk

How long a member then made an account: November 2007

Any other interests: Hip hop music, movies in general and serial killers

Fav Actor: Sammo Hung, probably

Fav Film: Leon

ID: Cesare

Name: Helena Stepanova

Ocupation: Perpetual student (English, Chinese)

Been a MA movie fan since: summer of 2007; I bought the cheap Five Venoms DVD in a local store, watched the movie and got hooked

Other fave genres: horror, action, sci-fi and fantasy, art and indie films, historical dramas, surreal&bizzare stuff, war&military dramas, Czechoslovak animated films, vampire&gothic flicks... Such stuff...

Other hobbies&interests: anything Chinese (from Shiji and ancient bronze swords to metallers from Beijing), mythology&folklore, history, corvines, languages and linguistics, fine arts, literature... And so on.

Jack of all trades, master of none...

Guest timesking

Name: Raju

been MA movies fan since: since i started seeing Karate n Kung Fu movies i.e., since i was 10 years old :) been watching since then.. only english dubbed..

other genres: Sci-fi, action, comedy

Fav actor : jackie chan, jet ji, sumo hung,Chow Yun Fat, tony jaa anymore..

fav movie: seriously .. there are a lot of them.

ID - MG Lerox

Real name - Marko Galić

Age - 14

Location - Bosnia and Herzegovina

Favorite actor - Kim Tai Jung

Favorite movie - Tower of Death

Fan since - I think i was about 4 when i saw first Kung Fu movie