I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

I was missed :angel:

I've been a bit busy lately and haven't been posting here, although I still check in and lurk. More importantly, I'm still watching a lot of kung fu movies! (been on a bit of a Golden Harvest kick as of late, actually).

I do wonder what ever happened to Ed who was known as Chinese Sausege, he loved Bruceploitation movies and was able to hook me up with a w/s print of Dynamo. Chen Zhen was a good guy too and came back for a while under the name Elaquent, hope he can find the time to start posting again. I do remember ole whamsabi too, his threads were always short and sweet in that he would say So and So movie stars this guy and that, what are your thoughts? lol. He seemed like a nice guy but I don't think English was his first language.

Good to see a couple of those I named are still here.

We miss our past female members as well.Come on ladies check in so we know all is well.

Yes, indeed. KFF has had several female posters. There are at least three who are present posters and 2 or 3 from my list above whom I haven't seen around in some time.

Whatever happened to Limubai who was living in Guam and studied Wing Chun? It's been a very long time since I saw him post.

He's living in China these days (teaching English?). He posted once on the old board back in Dec., a couple months after the move, when that board was still up and running. I told of him of the new URL but I don't know if he ever read it. He sounded like he was doing well and really enjoying his journey. Hope he makes it back to the board someday...

He's living in China these days (teaching English?). He posted once on the old board back in Dec., a couple months after the move, when that board was still up and running. I told of him of the new URL but I don't know if he ever read it. He sounded like he was doing well and really enjoying his journey. Hope he makes it back to the board someday...

Thanks for the info T, hope he can rejoin us again eventually as well. Also hope he's been able to get some authentic Kung Fu instruction while living in the motherland! :D

peace!

im 32 and grew up with 'kung fu theater' on saturdays at, if i remember correctly, 3pm on channel 5. from age 8 i was hooked for life.

at 18 i used to go by the 42nd st chamber in manhattan and take notes on all the names the regular guys there would drop so i could compile my collection. i started with some bootleg videotapes then lost the list.

at around 28 i decided i needed to get my collection up and started again slowly. now im buying a few titles a month and just here to learn from and share with everyone.

ive also been practicing ba gua zhang for 10+ years which makes watching some fight scenes a bit painful at times but enjoyable non the less.

Guest Peace1

hey wats up evry 1 im new to this oard n juss wanted to quickly introduce myself. im basically a hip hop head who luvs kung fu movies especially the 70s era films i have a couple of movies in my collection but nothing really amazing im looking to expand my collection but dont really know what some of the really good movis are. Maybe some body on here can help me Beacaise i am really looking to expand mu knowledge of classic kung films.

I used to post on the now-defunct Kung Fu Super Stars yahoo list(KFSS) as AD Thompson or just AD.

I've been into martial arts movies since 1985 and have been a collector since 1991. I am a huge fan of the Shaw Brothers Studios films, particulary anything with David Chiang, Ti Lung, and The Venoms. Chang Cheh is my favorite director. I am also a huge fan of Bruce Lee and all things Sonny Chiba.

I'm in houston Tx,grew up on the Kung fu tv series and Black Belt Theatre on various channels and have been collecting since 84 or so,when I bought some tapes from a mom and pop vhs shop that was going under...since then I've raided pawn shops,flea markets, and garage sales for my habit....also hit 1/2 Price books as often as possible as well as places like hastings or sunCoast.....

Between the tapes and DVD's I have 4-500 flix...but more than a few are duplicates with in box sets...

I'm in the UK, been collecting fu movies on and off for about 12 years. I'm unlucky as I seem to have missed the golden days of kung fu cinema and pre cert tapes are hard to come by.

The first kung fu movie I watched was probably back when I was 10 and I was in cash converters with my dad and I convinced him to buy me "Fist Of Fury 2" as I thought it was a Bruce Lee flick. This eventually led to me seeking out the real Bruce Lee movies and at about age 13,14 a man at a local video shop sold me the rank pre cert tapes of the Bruce Lee films for about £15 quid each. Thats a lot of saving when I earnt £10 a week doing a paper round.

Now I just keep the rare stuff and stuff that I enjoy, I don't collect religously or anything but I still build on the collection I have.

i am from Toronto On. ive been collecting since 95/96. i have about 600 flix

both vhs and dvd. got a lot of my from chinatown, walmart (they usually range from $3.99) and ebay. and i am still collecting.

I live in London and I've been collecting from around 97 to the present day. I think it was from a family trip to Hong Kong which kick started it for me cos vcds were so cheap there I bought a load of them back to London! Before that I did buy a video once in a while but I was more into games at that time. Over the years I've bought videos, vcds and dvds from retailers, film fairs, mail order and now online.

Hello, kung fu filmfans, i've been collecting since around 1981, my first two films were VHS copies of Fist of Fury, and The Big Boss, by a company i no longer remember the name, however, these tapes were good quality, and the films were cut. I then found a store here in Chicago, where i live and this guy had 1000's of Martial Arts films on VHS! I 've been collecting every since then. In '98 i started on DVD's and currently have over 600 DVD's and 500 VHS. The Shaws remasters have been a gem, and with home theater Dolby Digital audio has really improved the experience, though many complained about the 5.1 remixed audios and the company stopped including the tracks on the releases in the last twelve months. That was a drag for me but the film quality has never looked better.

Let's talk Kung Fu.....!!!!!!!!

Forgot to admit to the changeover... Never got around to it actually.

Yes, I was formally stormybman. The Dragon sounded much cooler.

Hey everybody, it's my first post here so I thought I'd just introduce myself

My name is Derrek (shocking, I know)... I'm 24 and filmmaker from Nova Scotia Canada. I just have a little collection, but I'm building on.

kungfushelf.JPG

That's one shelf, and I have the Bruce Lee box set among others... I've got some of the classics, but I've been trying to dig up more rare ones.

I get mine from kungfumovies.net / anywhere I can dig em up.

Anyhoo, I hope I don't overlook any of the forums "do nots" and get ostracized! :nerd:

hi,

i dunno if there is topic for the introduction thing so i opened one myself.

I'm from italy and ,maybe, some of you knows me from other forums (i use the same nickname all over the net ahah) :wink:

I'm quite young (24) and i LOVE asian movies... from the 60s to now.

My favourite cinema is HK (not the recent one though) and CHINESE (mainland).. i like also korean movies but not i'm not in the mood now for them ahah

About japanese cinema... it's difficult for me.. i like mostly horror flicks from there and some comedies. But, as for the korean one, i don't have watched a movie in months!

Well, that's all i guess ^^

see ya around :xd:

I merged a trio of old posts to jump start this thread.

As we've had a few new members of recent, I thought it would be fun to get a new roll call going. I recently went through the roll call from 2002/03. It was a great to re-read that thread and see all those old posters. I'm hoping that we can create a revised listing of those members here for posterity sake. Plus, its a good way for old and new members to come together.

Please answer the following....

User ID:

How long a member at KFF/ KFC:

How long you've been a fan of these films:

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.):

User ID: prinnysquad

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: noob - maybe 8 months?

How long you've been a fan of these films: noob - barring a few films over the years, this genre is new to me, and I feel like I'm on a fantastic journey of discovery. The film that kick-started my collecting was probably Duel of Seven Tigers, of all things.

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): kaiju-eiga films, real ale, ice hockey, reading and music (Smashing Pumpkins = win).

User ID: Gonzotheking

How long a member at KFF/ KFC: Been lurking for a long time...only been posting for a little bit, almost 6 months I guess. I also posted on KFC rarely too but I don't remember how long ago that was.

How long you've been a fan of these films: I've gotten more serious about it in the past few years but I've been a fan for probably 13 years now.

Whatever else you wish to add (other interests, etc.): Film is my life, Also I like basketball and uh...Classical music...that's all I can think of right now.