Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

Guest Kwok Choi

Thanks Teako170 post highly appreciated.Stromybman all members are valuable.You are logged in quite often and you post regularly for now so rest assured that if you take a sudden hiatus or sabbatical you'll surely be missed.

Guest stormybman
... you post regularly for now so rest assured that if you take a sudden hiatus or sabbatical you'll surely be missed.

:smokin

You like me!... You really like me!! :P

Thanks for the kind words Kwok. I hope the others are feeling the love in their absence.

"Whenever you're ready, I'll take on any Japanese here."

I hope kenichiku comes back and posts occasionally--he has a vast store of Shaw info and history, and was always very articulate with his opinions and generous with his knowledge.

Guest theportlykicker

Regarding Liu Chung Liang, not only has his huge collection of kung fu movie clips on Youtube been deleted, but his account has been suspended too. I wonder what's going on with him.

Guest morgoth

I read a messge he was pissed that people were stealing his clips or something. Hopefully he comes back, I enjoyed his posts.

Guest oldeschool17

yeah he had it in his youtube profile that he was pissed off about people stealing clips and posting them up as their own. I mean it was a full on paragraph of fire! I cant remember if he still has an account on youtube or if he deleted it

Guest iron flag

I was just thinking of Liu Chia Linag. Very cool guy from Holland. He has his own (Dutch) website with lots of reviews of KF Movies.I had it on my favorites but since moved I dont have my old computer.

Guest peringaten

Ivy's still here; had a name change to jadefacedassassin (or something similar without checking). At least if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure that's Ivy...

Guest Chinatown Kid

What happened to Ms Wendy Wu? She started a thread in the Japanese films section titled Shinobi-Heart Under Blade in which I posted in, but when I clicked on her profile it said Ms Wendy Wu does not exist, WTF? I know she did exist because she started that freaking thread! :eek

Guest sammofan

Hi guys

I'm still around and do read the board regularly (well the Shaw brothers one at least :) ). If I don't contribute much it's because I haven't been watching any films lately.

Guest Thekfc

I am still around I pop in once ina a while.

I have been extremely busy. A while back I posted that my GF had Colon Cancer. With running around between

treatments, frequent ER hospital trips (was there all nite yesterday) & work sometimes leave me drain - after that all I want to do is rest. I have about 50+ SB movies that I have ordered & have yet to watch. I try to take time out for myself but it's tough. I do ocassionally pop in to see what is going on.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I do wonder what happened to whamsabi, he had to be one of David Chiang's biggest fans. He always had that short posting style usually asking what are your thoughts on such and such film starring so and so and so and so?

Guest kungfusamurai

Whamsabi just shows up once in a while. He usually seems to talk about recent films, if I recall correctly.

I remember you mentioning your girlfriend, KFC, and her sickness. How's she doing?

Falkor AKA Mantis2k hasn't been around much either.

KFS

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think falkor must be busy with his own forum over at RKMs, it's been a while since I've been to that forum, i'll have to check back up on it and see what's going on.

Guest Thekfc

My GF is hanging in there, she is currently undergoing Chemo treatment - 1 week on & 1 week off. The chemo, sometimes, do take a lot out of her - nausea, fatigue, no appetite...etc. the surprisingly this is that there is no hair lost. She is currently at the hospital - she couldn't digest any food & was having pain - It turns out that she had a blockage problem - so they admitted her & are working to correct the blockage problem. Otherwise she is doing "fine". We had Yankees playoff tickets to both games but couldn't go.

Guest Isfahani

Yo, I hear you on that - one of the things I been dealing with here is my Dad and his battle with old age and Leukemia... And then his remaining sibling, his sister - my Aunt, just passed away last July at the age of 80. Pretty Freaking Heavy here too.

Secondly, thanks for asking about me. It feels nice to be remembered by y'all old schoolers. Here's my deal:

Basically about a year and a half ago-odd I got severe IRC & Forum burnout, the result of diving into the deep end right after getting online and staying there for too many years, in too many different places. I noticed that my exchanges here were getting short, curt, or downright bitchy.

So, I opted out.

Also, while it seems to have changed, I was noticing a tendency towards adversarial posting relationships in certain people here, aided by lack of moderation & manners in general. This, along with the way the 'higher ups' here chose to deal with me (not) when I offered to be a moderator in the spirit of "put up or shut up" when 'someone' suggested I do so, also added to my decision to back away. Fyi, this was some time before Linn stepped up to the plate.

While I do occasionally post a 'lil from time to time as noted, in the end for me it really comes down to a basic thing now: I would rather spend the time watching these movies than discussing them.

The backlogged que has grown exponentially over the past 2-3 years, as I used to be far more about the Kung Fu and New Wave Wuxia, slowly but surely I grew to love most other kinds of Asian films, and now TV series as well. If you would have told me three years ago I would be digging into the classic Yakuza films of the 70's or wishing there were more SB films with Peter Chen Ho that I could watch I would have said "Huh?"

Even so, I am quite f'n jazzed that the last - but not least - of The Venoms films are coming out now even as I type. I can't wait to see Shaolin Rescuers later on this month...

I am interested by the proposed forum move, and in favor of it actually - it's been obvious to me for quite a while that ezboard in general sucks my coffin mushroom and there are better forum platforms to be had... although I have to wonder what those guys want/should have to do with this community now since they bailed out on us ever so long ago... One way or another, Founders or not.

Linn for Prez'nit!

I'm originally from Westchester, New York and lived in Pennsylvania. Today, I live in Central Florida with my wife and 3 kids. We are renting a house and while I collected a lot of DVDs during my time in college, the economy and lack of funds had forced me to sell most of my collection. However, I slowly pick up one or two a month of martial arts films or I rent for the most part.

I still have quite a collection of martial arts videos that I either tapes from cable or have bought since the mid-90's as well as two milk crate full of VCDs that I used to get in Chinatown. Aside from martial arts action, I'm a huge fan of tokukatsu, notably Super Sentai Series and got my daughter and son into Power Rangers, which they love. My daughter also likes Jackie Chan and she's only 3.

I am not much a fan of the A-list Hollywood martial arts action films due to a lack of good looking fights and love Asian cinema and the B-martial arts flicks of the 1990's as they had better fight scenes as well, even if the movie is occasionally cheesy.

I'd say altogether, my collection stands at approximately 1000-1200 Asian and martial arts films on VHS, VCD, and DVD.

Guest bws30

Location-resides in Las Vegas,From San Jose CA

First film-Big Boss(thats the 1 I remember)

Some Favorites-The bride with white hair,Dragon Inn,5 deadly vemons,Duel to death,Killer priest,Last hurrah for Chivalry,Invincible obsessed fighter,Master of the flying guillotine,the postman fights back,Street fighter series

Well i'm 25 I started watching kung fu movies when i was little.My uncles would stay up late,and watch kung fu theater(i think thats what it was called) on CH 26.I was hook but what really got me hooked,was watching the old skool ninja films.Seeing guyz disapear,hoping in and out of trees dropping from high levels.As a little kid that was the best,but never thought about collecting.Intell I got my hands on a copy of Storm Riders.Then after that i got a hook up,at blockbusters so then it was on.I started picking up old skool wu-tang tapes and dvds.A few jet li's and jackie chan's and so on,so thats my little short history.My collection i'm not sure the total,but im guessing over 400,but i will get back to u guyz on that total.I myself would say im not a picky person,I love old skool,new skool,wire work.Whateva if u got good action then u got me hooked.I don't need the best story,just have something that doesn't make me stop the movie,take it out and wanna break it.Thats me simple,but this forum so far is a blast, so im glad im apart of it so thx to the makers and i will catch u guyz later.

Guest gutstringbass

Buffalo, NY! Looks like a hot bed of Kung Fu.... I have been collecting for about 8 years but remember watching kung fu on NightFlight back in the day.

I have about 300 flicks, I get them everywhere and anywhere including the superflea!

Anyone from Buffalo or Roch want to get in touch for trades, email me!

Hello KFC. :)

I live in Brentwood, California and am 25 years of age.

I've been coming to KFC.com for a few years. And I've been a fan of the kung fu genre even longer (about 10 years). I didn't start collecting until around 2000, but I've managed to build up a nice little library since then, which Iam constantly adding to. I haven't actually counted how many movies I have, but Iam guessing around 120 or so. Master Killer (aka 36th Chamber of Shaolin) was the movie that got me hooked onto the genre. And I've been obsessed with kung fu movies ever since.

Anyway, I'm very happy to be part of the community.