Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

Guest kung fu 750

Hi I am new here but love this fourm. I am in Kansas, probabily the only person in Kansas that has a kung fu movie collection. I have about 150 to 180 movies. Mostily on dvd. I like the hard hitting martial ars movies, fist of legend, Ong back, and the earily Sammo Hung stuff. I started collecting 10 years ago and look forward to expanding my colection.

Ron

Guest talgoma1

I'm from queens n.y. but now reside in port st.lucie fl. and i collected my first in 1986.It was death dual of kung fu .and master killer of course it was all vhs then now i collect on dvd and i do quite a bit of my shopping on amazon.com and hkflix.com

Guest Dahnamics

from Chicago

22 years old, started collecting when i got five deadly venoms and master of the flying guillotine for christmas when i was 17..

now i got about 80 dvds and 50 dvdrs

i get my @#%$ from fry's, bestbuy, suncoast

and online from layoyo, hkflix, and pokerindustries

Guest The Amazing Psychoper

Hi,

I'm 26, from Québec,and started collecting kung fu movies about two years ago. I have now 85 dvds and still collecting...

I like movies that has great inventive choreghraphy, from

Yuen Wo Ping to Lau Kar Leung, not to forget Sammo Hung, the Venoms, Tang chia, Ching Siu Tung, early Jackie Chan...

The first kung fu movie I saw was Enter the Dragon but Iron Monkey is really the one that hooked me... :evil

Guest kungfucollectors

we are a group of collectors from 4 countries working together collecting films.

our average age is 32

active in collecting rare,swordplay, kung fu, modern action, korean, taiwanese, golden harvest, shaw brothers films.

also lobby cards, magazines, posters and other kung fu related material

interests include: dubbing, subbing rare movies, websites and reviews

Guest houndslow

hi my names andrew

aged 37 disabled

been collecting about 3 years

been a big fan of martial arts films for 20 odd years

i have about 650-700 dvd,s mostly old skool

Guest Iron Boat

Hey I am from St. Louis Missouri, USA, been a fan since I was a baby in the late 70s, what's funny is that I thought those Martial Arts films I was watching on Black Belt Theater were decades old, I would of never known they were brand stanking new. Anyway I started collecting in 2000 when I sought to revisit my childhood, I came across 5 deadly Venoms and Return of the 5 Venoms (Crippled Avengers) at Blockbuster of all places and that set me off on collecting craze that still continues 6 years later.

Guest HungKuen

I hardly ever post here anymore, but since I've been a member for like five years or so, I might as well join the party, right? ^_^

Name: Daniel Johansson, aka HungKuen/TigerCraneFist/VernerOlund

Collector since: Christmas 2000 when I got Way of the Dragon, Wheels on Meals, and Thunderbolt on VHS.

First MA movie: Saw Operation Condor, Crazy Safari and Drunken Master when I was eight. Loved them, and watched Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies on and off until I was thirteen and started collecting.

Collection: Some seventy VCD's, countless VHS's, and some fifty+ DVD's.

Guest Beat TG

I gotta back Hung Kuen up since we both live in Sweden.

-Name: Anthony Gloria

-First martial arts/HK movie: The Big Boss, quickly became a big Bruce fan watching all his films and later moved on to Jackie, Jet, Sammo, Biao and lastly Donnie. Since then I've also converted from kung fu movies to general Hong Kong movies after watching John Woo's as well as other great HK directors' movies.

-Collector since: Fall 2001 after purchasing In The Line Of Duty 4 HKL DVD.

-Collection: Since 2001 however, my collection has decreased from around 30-35 original DVDs to 5. I usually go after DVD reviews these days.;)

Guest Shaolin Dog Paw

Name: SDP

First Kung fu movie: Half a Loaf of Kung Fu - Jackie Chan

Favorite Kung Fu: Dirty Kung Fu, Crippled Avengers, Taoism Drunkard, anything with Elton Chong, HJL, Gordon Liu, any campy type of movie, or Kung Fu horror.

Favorite non Kung Fu: Seven Samurai, Braveheart, LOTR trilogy, Conan the Barbarian, Barefoot Gen, Young Frankenstien, etc...

Been collecting since 1988, thats when my uncle went to prison for a 25 year stretch and left me with his collection, a mix of about 300 tapes and laser discs. In 1995 I joined the military and my collection totaled about 600 movies.

When i finally came home 7 years later, i found out that the best friend i entrusted my movies with, had sold all but 10 movies. Over the years i built on those 10 movies untill i had about 70, found this forum 2 years ago... and now i have 830 movies.

I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 15 years until i broke my back this past year in an ATV accident. My collection came in handy when i was stuck in a bed with nothing to do.

Guest sikmao

Howdy y'all, Sikmao here,

my 1st flick to see was 5 Fingers of Death. (i didn't really like this one tho', & i passed over it, when it was re-released.)

i've been into KF flix since the late 70's. i think it was "Rendezvous of Death" that really got me started!!! & when the "Venoms" came on the scene, it was all over!!! (my innocence, that is!)

i've got about 300+ DVD's & way too many VHS to count!

i've been doing MA, for over 30yrs now! (yet, i'm only 25!!!;) hahahaha!) i practice HUNG FUT Kuen & CHEN style TaiJi.

i live in Frisco, Cali now, but grew up in NYC.

i really LOVE this forum & being able to read & discuss all these wonderful topics! mostly, i get stuff from CD-Wow, lately. occasionally i'll go to Chinatown to see if there's anything i've missed.

word.

Peace everyone! I just joined the forum but have been checking it out since 04'. I'm from Brooklyn NY and have been watching Kung Fu movies for over 25 yrs. I used to go to the Rugby, Granada and Kennmore theaters back in the late 70's and early 80's in East Flatbush (for those who know what I'm talking about) ,"The Duece" and Chinatown. I used to collect VHS when that started fading out, some of the places I would get tapes are: Karate Center, 43rd Chamber (who before that were on 42 st). My favorite are Shaw Brothers, but I also love many of the independent flix. I took a hiatus from collecting in 97' but when they started to remaster the Shaw collection I jumped back in with both feet. Over the years I have accumulated over 350 vhs and about 600 dvd. I love this forum, it is the only place I can come and feel normal about this obsession we all here seem to have!!!:rollin

Guest the dirty tiger

I am in england, first film I saw was Project A when it was on British tv around abouts 1990 I guess, then forgot about it for a few years. In 1994 I borrowed some Jackie Chan / Lo Wei films from my sisters friends boyfriend ( thanks Keith ! ) and saw his awful bootleg of Eastern Condors. The first films I bought were Dragon Fist, Operation Condor,Police Story 2 and 3 - still love Operation Condor and the whole PS series and Eastern Condors is one of the best ever !!!! Been a mad collector since then. Have around 2500 or more films, many many posters, many many many lobbies, hundreds of magazines, a shelf full of books as well as other nicknacks. Published 5 issues of my own short lived mag around 2002 - 03. Bought very little lately as planning to move to Asia soon. Might sell off a lot of my odd bits soon so I have less to move.....If I knew back then what I know now then I wouldnt have bought half the old VHS, VCD and LD I have, you young 'uns dont know how easy you have it since the advent of DVD and the second 'boom' brought about by Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon....Not that I am complaining, it is great that so many rares are becoming not rare any more, just annoyed at the money I wasted before... :D

Guest Lei Kung

Kung fu 750, for years I thought I was the only collector in Kansas. Anyway, looks like I have the biggest collection in the state. I've got around 250-300 movies, been into kung fu movies since 2001 I think.

I got into this when a friend gave me Ric Meyer's book after hearing I liked Jackie Chan. First old school movie I remember getting is Legendary Weapons.

I host Kung Fu Fridays here in Kansas every Saturday night at my apartment.

I get my movies from DDDhouse, Hkflix, occasionally from Yesasia, Sensasian, Deepdiscount, Suncoast, and from dollar bins at grocery stores.

Guest pressureworld

Name: Pressureworld

City: Atlanta, GA

Hello everyone my profile is long overdue, i have been a member since 03 and have been into kung fu flicks most of my life. I grew up going to the movies and drive in theaters with my father to see these ficks as a child during the late 70's. (i remember one of the films we went to see was infra-man) During the 80's I taped everything I could off of black belt theater (channel 69 in Atlanta) and later I bought washed out tapes of shaws, independents from anyone I could. After watching these films as a child, teenager and a grown man I got burned out. Im a fan of world cinema and my interest expanded into spaghetti westerns, samurai films, galli, cult you name it but eventually I came back to my old love kung fu flicks. Im just getting back in the game and im in the process of rebuilding my collection btw my favorite film is The Hot, The Cool and The Vicious

Guest Dahnamics

Name: Dahnamics

Profile: I collect Old School Kung Fu, New School Kung Fu, Korean, Japanese (Samurai, Yakuza, Pinky Violence), Swordplay Films, Exploitation and many others.. I also collect vinyl OST's, and vinyl in general for collecting as well as sampling purposes.. I'm also an active trader of DVDR media, so get at me with those lists! My favorite kung fu flick is 10 Master Killers!

1ne,

Dah 0]

Guest stormybman

Hello, kung fu filmfans, i've been collecting since around 1981, my first two films were VHS copies of Fist of Fury, and The Big Boss, by a company i no longer remember the name, however, these tapes were good quality, and the films were cut. I then found a store here in Chicago, where i live and this guy had 1000's of Martial Arts films on VHS! I 've been collecting every since then. In '98 i started on DVD's and currently have over 600 DVD's and 500 VHS. The Shaws remasters have been a gem, and with home theater Dolby Digital audio has really improved the experience, though many complained about the 5.1 remixed audios and the company stopped including the tracks on the releases in the last twelve months. That was a drag for me but the film quality has never looked better.

Let's talk Kung Fu.....!!!!!!!!

Guest oldeschool17

Attn: Pressureworld

I too am from Atlanta! What part? I guess you can say im in the emory/va highlands area

anyways

Name: oldeschool17

Current Age:25

First Kung Fu Film: Thats a hard one. I must have been 6 or 7yrs old(mid 80s) when i first watched kung fu movies. My earliest memories stem from, but not limited to all the Bruce Lee movies, to Crippled Avengers, to 36 Chambers, to my dads copy of 7 Blows of the Deadly Dragon.

Years Collecting: Since 96 i believe.

Where I buy: hkflix and just recently, dddhouse

I went to see Five Fingers of Death the first week it opened.proceded to see every KungFu movie that came in it's wake. Back then the films were all rated R, being 12, I worked a deal with the theater usher at the local grind house in New Haven, Connecticut. He would let me in the back door of the theater for two bucks every Saturday. Most of the movies that played were bashers, I still love basher flicks to this day. In 1988, I stumbled onto a wall of Ocean Shores videos at the local shop, and there was "Karado the Hong Kong Cat" I was back in heaven and have been collecting ever since.This is the best community on the web for Kung Fu movies. Keep up the good work.

Guest monwobobbo

i posted early but didn't give much info

name Bob MacDuffie

location Rochester ny USA

first film -ENTER THE DRAGON and then a few bruceploitation flix that seemed to be all that played around here back in the day. Capitol theater ruled.

collecting : consider myself more of an accumulator but have about 275 old school flix on DVD and a few still on vhs. also have about 70 newer kung fu flix as well as some japanese, american and other countries martial arts films.

not an actual martial artist just like the films.

Guest Kwok Choi

It has been noticed that some members have not been posting for a while and we don't know if they made it public that they'll be taking time out or perhaps it had something to do with unexpected circumstances preventing them from doing so.We know some have changed their user names and avatars and are still with us but in any case we are concerned that all is well with those who have been absent for a while.However if they are ok but choose to browse anonymously it will be good for them to give a nod to this thread just so we know that all is ok.Also if anyone knows about the situation of some members who are out of reach we would be grateful if you could shed light on their well being.The few names (please forgive the misspelling of usernames) that come to mind at the moment are:

Kenichiku

Isfahani

The Big Rascal

Whamsabi

Mr Gill

Lady Wirlwind

Easternfreak

Action Jackson

Sammofan

The Rover

Mike Leeder

Liu Chung Liang

TheManInWhite(our own good old dear mod)

Liu Chia Linag (I think he's German; Linag is correct) etc

More names to come.Cheers.

Guest peringaten

Wasn't it The Big Rascal who posted that he'd lost all interest in the genre, to the extent of even wanting to sell off his whole collection?

Isfahani still posts occasionally, I think a good hopping vamp, or of ilk, thread usually tempts him out.

Even old Sevenhooks seems to have bolted somewhat.

Guest Markgway

If I was a regular at a forum and planning on leaving for even a while - let alone permanently - I would make a post saying so. Saves anyone asking or being concerned about me. I'm so considerate aren't I? :b

Guest teako170
Kenichiku
I ran across a recent post of his over @ IMDb, so he's still out there.

Mike Leeder
Traded emails with him several times last week. He's been over in China working on The Mummy 3.

Sammofan
I saw a post of his here about a week ago.

Isfahani
Ditto.

easternfreak
Always a great contributor. Been wondering where he got to.