Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

Guest glidedrxlr22

Name:glidedrxlr22

First Fu Film: Fatal Flying Guillotine

Sources: Suncoast Video, Bestbuy, Circuit City, and from Half.com.

Background: Watched kung fu movies as a kid during the 80's. Only started collecting about 2 years ago. I have 40 dvds...as I only collect those that have gotten good reviews or have some of my favorite stars. It's very hard not to buy more, but I limit myself to just a few per month.

Guest da mischievous wingding

Western New York is in da house! Hello, Rindge!

Monwobobbo, you can hit up the e-mail at jmwingding@yahoo.com. and we will politik.

Ciao!

hey, i'm still looking for some more forum members to reveal themselves. What's up with chia ling aka Judy Lee? I am a big chia ling fan too. just picked up Blazing Temple, and i've got Shaolin Temple (seven spirits of the pagoda) on the way. what's up with falkor? or are he and ms. lee mediators or something and cannot participate in this post? *

Guest Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Hey Mr Mischievous!

Im no mediator but Im straight politikin, thats whats up! :hat

Im 21 and reside in London, UK. Hey Killer, I cant believe you are 18!

I buy alot from ebay and am very stingy! The average cost of a dvd to me must be less than $5. I then splurge on Flashlegs dvds, my second family.

Ive seen so many independent Taiwanese films, Im now branching into Chang Cheh and Godfrey Ho. Yes I am like that.

Blazing Temple is a great film! Dont expect too much from Judy tho! As for Shaolin Temple, I copped that and the actual film on the disc was Jet Li's first. Let me know what you think!

Guest Topgun

I live in Fresno, CA. Have been collecting since 1988 over of 200 of VHS, VCD, and DVD. I started watching

KF movies while living in the refugee camps in Thailand when I was 13, and now 33.

Hey Holy Robe of Shaolin,

Since you live in LA, do you know any of those movie stars down there?

Topgun

Guest Eightmanxx

I'm 25, i live in Brazil and i think my first kung-fu film was Project A. My collection started circa 93-94, with the release of some John Woo movies and other heroic bloodshed ones thanks to the success of Hard Target around here but it really became serious when i started to work as a film critic (around 2001) and noticed that nobody in Brazil knew s*** about asian films! :P

I own about 650 titles in DVD (originals, dvdr and vcd/vhs/ld/divx conversions) and about 200 tapes.

Guest Gulvballe

Name: Gulvballe

First Kung Fu film: Burning Paradise. I saw it 31/03-1998.

Collecting since: 1998

Total collection: 150 VHS / 785 DVD's

Guest Thekfc

Thekfc

NYC

38 years old

Been collecting since the mid 80s, had to stop because of lack of room. I have quite a large collection because I seldom go by a reviewer's review-I love to judge how good/bad a movie is for myself. Yes I have a lot of excellent movies & well as crappy ones & I collect from all over the world. Now I am a bit more selective.

I was born intelligent, education ruined me.:rollin :b ;)

Guest vlade2002

Name: Vladan

First Kung Fu Film seen. 1984/85 - Shaolin Temple/Way of The Dragon - maybe even World Of Drunken Master.

Started collecting. 1995? I think.

First movie imported. Twin Dragons UK edition.

Own. Around 1500 - 2000 original mint tapes, maybe 200 new DVD's.

mug.jpg

Guest carter wong

Name: Carter Wong

First Fu Film: Fist of Fury

Background: Been watching since 75'. Been collecting since 1981. Have around 7,350 original "mint" titles on Betamax, VHS, Laser Disc, and DVD.

Guest condamned

My name is Emrehan from Turkey/ Antalya and am 29 years old. I'm collecting since 2004 and have about 100 movies. The first film I watched is the "Fearless Hyena" in 1983-84.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Name: Charles. Location: North Carolina, USA. Age:33. Started collecting in 1983 when I taped The Three Avengers on my Betamax off of Black Belt Theatre. Current collection: 408 dvds, 14 vcds, and several vhs that are not available on dvd or vcd yet. Sources: Yesasia, H.K.Flix,Amazon.com, Flashlegsrare, Rarekungfumovies,Tai Seng, Ebay, Circuit City, Best Buy, Big Lots and anywhere else I can find them!:lol

Guest theportlykicker

The film that got the ball rolling for me was Way of the Dragon in 2002. I immediately became a Bruce Lee fan but once I'd seen all of his 4.5 movies I naturally moved onto Jackie Chan. This of course lead onto Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao and I'm now interested in any and all kung fu films. My collection is'nt too big though I'm always looking for new films to buy.

I'm mainly into 80s and early 90s kickboxing ala Sammo Hung, but I also love the old skool films of Yuen Wo Ping etc.

Oh, and I'm not a Jet Li fan at all.:rolleyes

live in Buffalo, N.Y.

been collecting for about 5 years now......but not much lately,

due to varying circumstances.

started watching back in the early 80's on saturday afternoon,

and double headers LATE on cats pajamas.

own around 200 kf films...about 1/2 VHS and 1/2 celestial DVD's.

Guest Advantage Gweilo

I live in Kansas City, Kansas, and I've been collecting since I was 19 or so. I'll be 28 in January. My collection is in the low/mid three hundreds. There wasn't Kung Fu on tv when I was a kid around here, I just happened to stumble upon some good tapes in my teens. I don't remember which was my first.

Guest Chen Zhen

Age - 19

First Kung fu purchase - The Big Boss

Collection - roughly 150-200 films

Started Collecting - 2002

Guest Squid Lips

Live in the U.S., Los Angeles.

Been collecting since 1982 (used to get the posters from the local Kung Fu theater and taped the Kung Fu video rentals - almost all Video Gems - with my mom's gigantic VCR and our neighbor's)

Have about 1200 DVDs, original vides and taped off of television the past 20 years or so.

Big colection of lobby cards, posters, etc. from US, HK, etc.

Guest buff jackson

I live in the U.S. I'm 44. started collecting probably since 1983. "5 fingers of Death/king boxer was the first movie I saw in 1972 and was hooked. but could not start collecting movies till VHS came out and in Pittsburgh, pa not many asians so all you could get were poor bootlegs and that was even tough. Had to leave 100 dollars security deposit and 10 dollars to rent from an asian store that I discovered in 1983. It was not easy to get them to trust me!!!!

Guest TheManInWhite

"Had to leave 100 dollars security deposit and 10 dollars to rent from an asian store that I discovered in 1983."

Been there, done that! I went thru the same thing at a place called Royal Video in Harlem, NY. But boy did they have just about all the SB and Ocean Shores gems though. If I knew what I know now, I would bought another VCR and some dubbing cables. :lol

Guest academy

monk sante:

USA

(Boston)

Cool, I'm from Boston too. What part do you live in?

First Movie: Prodigal Son

Around 150 movies in collection now.

Guest The Kid

have been collecting for the past 20 years. I have acquired most of my collection from different parts of the world and from people. 4 year ago I give half of my collection a way, because I felt it is not right not to share what you like with other people. But the main reason was that I was just becoming to obsessed with just saying “I have that film you don’t,†. But, I later learned that the main thing is not just collecting films but just loving them and watching them. I am now trying to covert all my films on to DVD and try dubbing them in English. One of my favourite film is Ways of Kung Fu, please don’t ask why, it is a personal reason that, I can’t even explain to my self. I have this film in every type, wide and full screen, dubbed..etc.. But my top films are One-armed swordsman, Deadly Duo, the Heroes, Layout Kung Fu, Shaolin Plot, Dressed to Fight, Clutch of Power and Killer From Above, etc…

I am working as film editor and also doing film MA. By biggest dream is to direct a kung fu film, something like a remake of the Big Rascal.

Guest whitelotus

My name is Mike, live in Toronto Canada, been collecting on and off from when I was 13, I'm over 30 now...growing up was all VHS, I have over 300 vhs tapes, I just started collecting dvd a year ago I have got over 250 dvd's in just one year, I was so die hard VHS.....how times have changed, also I study Kung Fu my style is 7

Star Praying Mantis....

This is the best board on the net.... best traders!!

whitelotus

Guest iron fist2006

img noborder]www.tegstore.com aldine@ixp.net

hi, i have great martial art movies for sale

new and old school.

new titles :

the myth, heaven's soldiers, final fantasy VII advent children, SPL, and mush more at www.tegstore.com

stoping getting rip off and deal with a legit company we accept visa, master, amex cards.

movie price range from $10usd -$15usd.

www.tegstore.com has the best authentic martial art movies.

U NAME IT WE GOT IT ...

whole sale welcome

Guest Ninja Sinai

Name: Ninja Sinai

First kung fu movie I ever saw: The Big Boss, in 1984

First kung fu movie in my collection: The classic, Snake In The Eagles Shadow. In fact I still have the 21 year old VHS copy lying around somewhere!

Collecting since: 1985

ALL TIME fav kung fu movie: Snake In The Eagles Shadow

ALL TIME fav non-kung fu movie: Malcolm X

ALL TIME fav food: My mums mouth watering spicy chicken biryani

Worst kung fu movie I’ve EVER seen in my life: The Invincible Kung Fu Trio – AVOID at ALL costs!!!!

I buy my movies from:

Play.com

Flashlegsrare.com

DDDhouse.com

Background: Used to be a Reggae/Ragga DJ, have over 400 records & over 250 Live Reggae Dancehall Sound Tapes. The only things I collect nowadays is Books (mainly Islamic) and my DVDs.

Guest TheDenizen

I'm The Denizen, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I'm 30 and I've been collecting martial arts DVDs since last year.

First Kung Fu movie: Chinese Connection

Favourite Kung FU movie: Eight Diagram Pole Fighter

I was always a fan of Bruce Lee as far back as I can remember. Last year, when I decided to upgrade my VHS copies of all my Bruce Lee flicks, I re-discovered my love for all things kung fu, and tangentially discovered samurai movies also.

my collection: www.dvdaficionado.com/dvd...thedenizen

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

name; Dave

age; 37

location; Gloucester, MA. USA

First Kung Fu Film; Seven Blows Of The Dragon/Five Fingers Of Death

Favorite Kung Fu Film; Human (Skin) Lanterns

(I have many favorites but if forced to choose)

I started collecting in 96'?

I was fortunate enough to have a friend who worked at Kung Fu Video in Boston, MA. Andre Edwards (a very cool cat). Any movie I did'nt like I could return and swap until I found something I felt was worth keeping. I don't believe in holding on to every single martial arts flick you come across. A fan's collection should be tantamount to their individual taste. My collection probably numbers around 750 films. Of which there's probably 100 - 150 I view on a yearly basis. However, I'm always looking for rare gems I have'nt seen.