I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

Hello guys, I'm a martial arts and old school action flicks addict from Croatia. I also enjoy pro rasslin(puroresu and Lucha Underground). Growing up as a big time Bruce Lee, I fell in love with Asian Cinema. Altough I'm about 19 years old, I miss the old days of classic Shaw Bros, Golden Harvest and spaghetti western films. This Facebook generation drones don't know shit about movies nor music, guess I was born in wrong century.

On 16/01/2012 at 9:19 AM, Rambler said:

Favorite action stars: Ti Lung, Donnie Yen, Tony Jaa, David Chiang,

Yes, I know, I'm a little bit late, but maybe Rambler is still around, so, I'm glad to have found another David Chiang's fan here !

On 14/07/2010 at 2:59 AM, Alexandra said:

Following the sketch of Athena:

City: Buenos Aires

Collection: Here is difficult to get movies because there are not market for Asian Cinema, so my collection is very poor.

Favorites: Don't ask me that. Is hard.

Education: Actress. Then I was crazy and graduated in Orientalism (School of Oriental Studies, with double spezialization, Ancient Near East and Ancient China and Corea). Then I was crazy again and obtained a Master in Sociology (spezialized in ritual masking in the Ancient World) and Superior Courses in Conservation and Restoration in Art.

Work: National Museum of Oriental Art, National Institute of Anthropology, and others museums with asian and african art collections. I work too when is necesary with the Aeronautical Police and the Team for Preventing the Illicit Traffic of Art Pieces, as expert qualified in classification, legal seizure and restoring to the original place the stolen pieces.

Art/Sport: when I was young I practiced Shaolin (Southern Branch) several years, weapons included. And for years I learned classical and modern ballet. I obtained a private (not national) diplom of "Choreographer". Now I am into Tai Ji Quan with weapons too (I have fascination for weapons).

Dance: I love the dance as art expression. Is part of my life.

Music: Classic, Opera, Tango, Dance/Electronic, Symphonic Rock, Swing...

How I got into Martial Arts Cinema: In Buenos Aires, when I was young, I use to go to an popular street in downtonwn with little cinemas, and in these places were showing all the time Bruce Lee's movies, of course I "flashed". Years passed by, and Jackie Chan turned in the most popular asian actor in my country, with Jet Li. Since 2000 (I guess) a television broadcast here bought the rights of SB movies, and accidentally, two years ago, I discovered the "dream machine".

Alexandra

I'm revisiting old posts and I just found Alexandra's one. That's so bad that she didn't return to the forum, so, if someone here can contact her, let her know that I often think of her and that I wish her a Merry Christmas and that I'd love to see her to get back among us, and I'm sure that many people here miss her so good posts.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:31 AM, ShawAngela said:

I'm revisiting old posts and I just found Alexandra's one. That's so bad that she didn't return to the forum, so, if someone here can contact her, let her know that I often think of her and that I wish her a Merry Christmas and that I'd love to see her to get back among us, and I'm sure that many people here miss her so good posts.

She emailed me some months back. She was dealing with personal issues and uncertain of her return. She did comment that these films are a part of her past and keeps the memories in her heart. She also said she enjoyed her time here and all the friends she made. She was always a very big fan of Fu Sheng and I plan to get a copy of my book to her.

Mister Splitta reporting back for duty.

Having been out of the game for the past couple of years, it's time to get it back on. And what better way to rekindle my love than being given a pair of chuckz for the first time in many, MANY years! 

Left hip already mildly bruised! (Should've trained harder, I'm getting soft... XD )

Bob, I'm Comin' to getcha! (In total pairs of chuckz collected, rather than wig splitting flails of fury aimed at your noggin) :-D

I might even have a go at watching those supposedly ok Lone Wolf and Cub movies sometime.... ;-)

IMG_9545.JPG

Edited by wigsplitta
Spelling

long time member here. been on the boards since the first forum ez board or before not sure. I don't see anyone from that time. recently my YouTube channel got closed after 11 years and 2 million hits. unfortunately it caused my previous email to be lost... so I have lost contact with all the old members trading partners etc.

14 hours ago, monk said:

long time member here. been on the boards since the first forum ez board or before not sure. I don't see anyone from that time. recently my YouTube channel got closed after 11 years and 2 million hits. unfortunately it caused my previous email to be lost... so I have lost contact with all the old members trading partners etc.

Welcome back to the forums @monk, sorry to hear about you loosing your contacts. Nice to have you active on the forum's again.

A bit of a late introduction but I'm new here. Not new to martial arts movies but until fairly recently, I was quite happy with the more "mainstream" martial arts movies (Tony Jaa, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, etc) 

I watched Ong-Bak in 2003 and I so would say that's when it all began.

And then well I decided to delve deeper into the genre about a year ago, and now I'm completely addicted. My latest discovery is the 'Girls with Guns' genre. Like, didn't even know it existed 2 months ago.

I found this forum after being somewhat let down by a lot of websites covering martial arts movies. None of them had forums, which is what I was mainly after. Really happy to be here! Seems like this place is right up my alley. I was Administrator on a tech support forum for years, I've always liked forums.

Otherwise I can be found hanging on letterboxd (same name as here) -- I try to review a new martial arts movie every other day or so.

I look forward to reviewing titles in here, reading other players' reviews, and being surrounded with martial arts enthusiasts :) 

Originally a South London boy, watched Enter the Dragon, when I was 14 in the Air Training Corps at a camp, and got me hooked into films and Kung Fu and Yang Style Tai Chi.

I've been collecting since the Mid 80s. From Vhs, DVD and Blu Ray.

This Forum is awesome, lot's of info on films I watched on a Friday night at the now closed ABC cinema, Upton Park, and others. Anyone else remember this. 

images.jpeg

4 hours ago, Drunken Master said:

Originally a South London boy, watched Enter the Dragon, when I was 14 in the Air Training Corps at a camp, and got me hooked into films and Kung Fu and Yang Style Tai Chi.

I've been collecting since the Mid 80s. From Vhs, DVD and Blu Ray.

This Forum is awesome, lot's of info on films I watched on a Friday night at the now closed ABC cinema, Upton Park, and others. Anyone else remember this. 

images.jpeg

Welcome to the Kung Fu Fandom Forums, @Drunken Master, nice to have you on board.

Hello

I am Master Iller. I probably should've joined this forum a long time ago.

For the past 10 years I have been making Kung Fu music videos using mostly wu tang songs. My youtube channel can be found here https://www.youtube.com/user/zasderq

My most recent video was uploaded this morning that I have linked below. 

I hope to be active in this forum as much as possible and hopefully I will have a lot to add to the conversation.

BTW, just to clarify I am not trying to promote my youtube channel or videos. This is purely a passion project for me.

Welcome to the forum @Master Iller

Watched video, nicely done. A lot of cool clips there. I make some short promo vids too, you can find on my Instagram accounts: @shaolinchamber36 | @36styles

Here's one I made a while ago. 

I live in South Wales, GB, Wales, lol, yes, didn't want to pinpoint exactly where publicly.  Don't heckle me for that or Wales, it really doesn't rain that much anymore lol.

Skinny guy who happens to watch this stuff.  I have a weird way of getting into it.  From recollection I was playing a video game called Yakuza on the PS2 which I bought on a whim because the cover art looked cool.  It was a heavily story based fighting game.  It sucked me right in like no game before, story was terrific, even with the dubbing.

It somehow embroiled me, leaving a lasting impression, into wanting to see Asian film.  I can't remember how exactly or where I started, but I think it was mostly South Korean stuff on the UK Tartan label that I still have.  Only had seen Jackie Chan up to that point randomly on Channel 5 and didn't think much of it because they would always pick the cheese from the late 90s which is OK but not his best but would always be in awe regardless when he would do his crazy stunt.  Funnily I hardly ever watch South Korean cinema now, every one that I stumble across recently that looks intriguing has like a two hour plus run-time and I go, meh, maybe another day.

I don't have a fat collection.  It's mostly UK releases and the odd few imports.  Nothing particularly rare, probably a Fruit Chan movie I got is the rarest.  I missed out a lot on the FS Legendary Collection DVD-5 series.  So much good stuff there that I can never buy because I was late.  Anyway that's probably enough otherwise I'll be here for ages lol.

Edited by Burnout29

Welcome to the forums, @Burnout29

8 hours ago, Burnout29 said:

I have a weird way of getting into it.  From recollection I was playing a video game called Yakuza on the PS2 which I bought on a whim because the cover art looked cool.  It was a heavily story based fighting game.  It sucked me right in like no game before, story was terrific, even with the dubbing. 

It somehow embroiled me, leaving a lasting impression, into wanting to see Asian film.  I can't remember how exactly or where I started, but I think it was mostly South Korean stuff on the UK Tartan label that I still have. 

I don't think I've come a cross many stories about video games as a route to martial art movies for people. I sight Tekken as one of the main influences for starting my interest in martial arts, not so much movies though. 

21 hours ago, Burnout29 said:

I live in South Wales, GB, Wales, lol, yes, didn't want to pinpoint exactly where publicly.  Don't heckle me for that or Wales, it really doesn't rain that much anymore lol.

Skinny guy who happens to watch this stuff.  I have a weird way of getting into it.  From recollection I was playing a video game called Yakuza on the PS2 which I bought on a whim because the cover art looked cool.  It was a heavily story based fighting game.  It sucked me right in like no game before, story was terrific, even with the dubbing.

It somehow embroiled me, leaving a lasting impression, into wanting to see Asian film.  I can't remember how exactly or where I started, but I think it was mostly South Korean stuff on the UK Tartan label that I still have.  Only had seen Jackie Chan up to that point randomly on Channel 5 and didn't think much of it because they would always pick the cheese from the late 90s which is OK but not his best but would always be in awe regardless when he would do his crazy stunt.  Funnily I hardly ever watch South Korean cinema now, every one that I stumble across recently that looks intriguing has like a two hour plus run-time and I go, meh, maybe another day.

I don't have a fat collection.  It's mostly UK releases and the odd few imports.  Nothing particularly rare, probably a Fruit Chan movie I got is the rarest.  I missed out a lot on the FS Legendary Collection DVD-5 series.  So much good stuff there that I can never buy because I was late.  Anyway that's probably enough otherwise I'll be here for ages lol.

Welcome aboard! I too share the enthusiasm for the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series. It's amazing! Glad to have you here.

Thank you for the welcome Drunken Monk, Silver and Gold Dragon and Asmo.

Asmo, Yakuza will be the only reason I eventually get a PS4 lol.  Probably gonna have to be very soon, it's been irking me missing out on the two latest games.  That first games' story was epic.  The Miike movie based on it, not so much.

Edited by Burnout29

Greetings All, Nei Hou!

I've been popping in and out of various sections on the site ( sound chamber mostly) and into the forums for a while now, and absolutely love it here, I only just got around to registering today to be able to post to the forums.

I was born and am still mostly based in Scotland and have been collecting since around 1988(ish), back then it was mostly all Made In Hong Kong/ Eastern Heroes VHS tapes from HMV and Virgin ( with the odd occasional Bootleg Shaw's tape purchased from Flash Legs Kung Fu in Clapham Common)

At my largest point of collecting/hoarding I had around 300-400 titles spread over DVD and VHS - but sold everything off when I moved to the States ( LA and NJ mostly) between 2006-2012.

Back in the UK again since then and have been slowly building up my collection again over the past year or so. Definitely still mostly a Shaw Brothers fan and been using DDD House and eBay for Mail order and Fopp for 88films Blu Rays. I was also able to pick up a pretty sizable chunk of DVD's earlier this year when I visited Hong Kong for the first time, really I was there just to get married ( my screen name here is my married name). but was also able to visit the Shaw's Studio and the incredible Bruce Lee exhibition whilst in the city, so have a pretty good sense of where is good to track down new and second hand DVD's if anybody is visiting and wants a few pointers on where to start looking for titles -

My wife is Chinese, from Canton province, so I'm really using the films now more than anything else to help me learn Cantonese (and I guess also to relive my youth :)

Really happy to be able to be part of what is a truly incredible resource of information and seems like a really great meeting place for like minded fans!