I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest da mischievous wingding

Roll Call: Please post your info (new & old members)

I'm excited that the forums are back. Came here the first night back and even tried out the chat room with KFB and kokuryuha :) It's truly like an extended family reunion because I always thought of you guys as my KF brothers and sisters! 

Anyway, when I'm not on here or on my day job, I'm still working on my new film blog. But it's great to be back and as ShawAngela said, those responsible for bringing them forums back: Xie Xie, Dor Jeh, Doumo Arigato, Thank You!

Edited by AlbertV

Hello,

I discovered this forum thanks to cityonfire and after browsing through a few threads I decided to register. I must confess that I know completely nothing about classical kung-fu films, but I've been watching asian cinema since 2009. But most stuff a I saw is mainly contemporary, so I have a huge film gaps. My eyes are fixed on Korean, Japanese and HK/Chinese cinema. And I know that this is pretty short, but that would be all for now...

I don't know if I formally introduced myself on the Old Board. I'm Dr. Ngor, but you can call me The Good Doctor or just Blake. I'm an American expat living in São Paulo.

I love kung fu and Godzilla films, and even wrote a book on the former. I especially love me a good superkicker and by personal rule must refer to the actor who played the villain in THE DRUNKEN MASTER as Legendary Superkicker Hwang Jang Lee.

Its great to see this place back up and running. Even though I haven't been a frequent poster in a few years, I still check in once in a while to see what's new. 

Anyway... the name's John. Been into kung fu movies since I was a teen. The movie that got me into the genre was "The 36th Chamber of Shaolin", which also made me a HUGE Gordon Liu & Shaw Bros. fan. And then I watched a movie entitled "Legendary Weapons of China", and Lau Kar Leung became one of my heroes. 

Glad Kung Fu Fandom is back! 

Name: The Flying Panda 

Martial Arts Style: To have no Style 

First KF Film: Fist of Fury

Martial Arts Collection: 1,000 DVDs

Favorite Kung Fu Comic: Blood and Steel 

Favorite Martial Arts Films: 36 Chambers of Shaolin, Fist of Fury, Way of The Dragon, Ip Man, Shaolin vs. Lama and 8 Diagram Pole Fighter 

Sources: YesAisa, DeepDiscountDVD, Buyoyo.com, Amazon.com, ebay, and most of the rest closed down. 

Watching since five years old. 

Hi, everyone. I'll fill in with some stuff from my About Me.

My name is John Franks. I'm a 21-year-old American college student. I am obsessed with tricking - a self-taught blend of many martial arts, gymnastics skills, breakdancing moves, and original/personal flairs. I've been doing it for five years, and have also been golfing since I was four years old. Trombone and music have been a big focus for me since fifth grade, and I've studied it, as well as theatre and acting, through college. Currently, I am working on a manga and honing my skills as a composer. I am addicted to fitness and nutrition. On the side I enjoy writing, spriting, game planning, filmmaking, editing, composing, gaming, daydreaming, and spending time with my amazing family.

My life has pretty much revolved around my interest in martial arts ever since I saw my first Jackie Chan scene. I actively sook out martial arts films early in middle school, and have been completely obsessed ever since. Nothing engaged my mind quite like good choreography. I learned a bit about martial arts and could perform minimal stuff until late high school, when tricking became my new goal. I didn't truly believe I could do it until the first couple of months, when I discovered that dream moves like butterfly kick, 540 kick, and butterfly twist were actually possible for me with hard work. Hard work was what I set myself on.

Tricking became my only life outside of school and all of my extra-curriculars. I took up P90X and intense self-guided workouts. Suddenly, I was getting massive boosts in well-being, strength, and knowledge of martial arts. The bliss and community spirit of tricking made rigorous training almost easy. I could soon combine several hundred kicks and tricks in thousands of ways. I had become a god compared to what my fat 12-year-old self could ever dream of.

My love of hand-to-hand action films and pure martial arts has remained through the years, and I always revert to watching fight scenes when I want a thrill. Now on five years of tricking, training hasn't been the joy it used to be with my level demanding constant high performance and self-criticism, and the boundaries of tricking being annihilated constantly by others. Recently, my interest in fight scenes has skyrocketed. I've begun writing a screenplay of the before-mentioned game River City Ransom, and I have discovered a true passion toward making it a reality. So, alongside tricking, I will set out on my new journey of becoming a great martial arts choreographer and stuntman.

After a 4 year absence from Kungfucinema Forums, I am happy to be back with my kung fu brothers and sisters here at KFF!

Name: Zatotom (f/k/a WuxiaFan)

KFC Forum Member since: 2008

First kung fu movie - age 13 - on Kung Fu Theater: THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN

Favorites (can't name them all, but here's a few): THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN, ZATOICHI series, LONE WOLF & CUB series, TWILIGHT SAMURAI, Bruce Lee's films, HERO, CTHD, FEARLESS, THE STREET FIGHTER series, HAPKIDO, LADY WHIRLWIND, MY YOUNG AUNTIE, MAD MONKEY KUNG FU, THE EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER, DRUNKEN MASTER II, BLACK DYNAMITE, and KICK-ASS

First KFC Forum brother that I met: KUNG FU BOB

First KFC Forum sister that I met: moongirl

Edited by Zatotom

Started collecting mid-1990s, vhs, dvd and now blu-ray.

Fave movies: Shaolin Temple (Shaw Bros), Tiger Cage 2, The Big Boss, The Hot The Cool and The Vicious, (plus many, many, many)

Hey, I'm me from the PA USA. Been a kungfu movie fan for almost 20yrs. For some unknown reason I decided to take a chance and watch Drunken Master around 97,98. It turned out to be a discovery of sorts.

Sure, I watched Bruce movies with my pops, seen Kung Fu(TV) reruns and had seen a few cheesy ninja flicks. But nothing prepared me for the choreography represented here. Rewindability, "did he really just fucking do that" is what described this when I first seen it.

So of course I try and get my friends to notice but they would often laugh off kung fu films as nothing more than dancing and awful dubbing.

This started my fascination with MA Cinema and it's funny to think back on how deep I got into the hobby?

Anyways, long story short, I love me some fight scenes with crisp choreography.

I'm not sure if I registered with this name before but it had to change, too many Silverfoxes on the old board.

Lot's of people posting various introductions. I don't have much to say other than my name & just general info. So my name's Matt. I'm 25 & lived in Colorado all my life except for last year which was spent in Montana. I'm attending Colorado Mountain College for Natural Resource Management & have a small kung fu film collection on DVD. I also watch the various films provided by Netflix. That's about it for me. I may have had an account on the previous forum as well as this one on Shaolin Chamber 36's original forum but I lurked so much it probably doesn't matter. See you guys around.

:monk_swinging:

After a 4 year absence from Kungfucinema Forums, I am happy to be back with my kung fu brothers and sisters here at KFF!

@Zatotom  Glad to see you back!

Edited by teako170

Hi Guys,

I am a member from some years back, but due to this and that, mostly that, I lost touch with the forum. Glad to be back.

I am an American working in China, originally from Connecticut. I am a martial arts practitioner, primary system Shotokan, and have been into MA flicks since about 1972, I think. I saw the Green Hornet when it was current, 1966, and the first MA movie I remember seeing in the theater was Thunder Kick (1973).

Still love this stuff - oh, Buddha, will I never grow up?!

MPW-55343.jpg

Im still new to this forum, but have been collecting kung fu for many years. My favorite production company is shaw brothers. But I love Angela Mao who is from Golden Harvest. aiknow how to judge flicks by fight choragraphy as well as chemistry between actors/actressess. I don't know anyone , so this post will probally be ignored. True kung fu fans won't let that stop them from posting though LOL.

I'm from Canberra, Australia.  I stumbled on this forum via a blog on Hong Kong cinema.  I'm chuffed to see a forum devoted to Kung Fu films!  I'm a Kung Fu film fan, but first and foremost a Hong Kong film fan.  My name is a reference to a HK film. ; )

4 hours ago, MannixPI said:

I'm from Canberra, Australia.  I stumbled on this forum via a blog on Hong Kong cinema.  I'm chuffed to see a forum devoted to Kung Fu films!  I'm a Kung Fu film fan, but first and foremost a Hong Kong film fan.  My name is a reference to a HK film. ; )

Welcome.  I'm a Hong Kong fan too.  There are a lot of posts and reviews on HK movies here too.  Here is a several thousand word essay on my top 50 HK films.

I hope you visit HKMDB for Hong Kong data.

Cannon Detective Service

Edited by masterofoneinchpunch

Hello all! 

I'm a new poster on here, so I figured I'd say a few words about myself and name a few of my favorite kung fu films. 

I'm a 30 year old guy located on the east coast, Rhode Island, to be exact. I'm in the home stretch of my graduate degree in social work, so my time with my hobbies, such as Kung Fu films, is limited. I am also a stepfather and fiance' whose currently trying to buy his first home...slimming down my time even further.

When I DO have the time, my hobbies include but are not limited to cult films, namely Kung Fu and Horror, with a collection of around 1000 films on DVD, VHS and blu-ray.

My earliest exposure to the genre would be Bruce Lee through my father, but my interest in the more obscure stuff would have been peaked around the time Jackie Chan broke in the 1990s. I saw Rumble in the Bronx and was hooked! I had to get everything the guy did...which led to me picking up a bunch of VHS tapes at my local K-Mart. I was sorely disappointed as a 9 or 10 year old to find that Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin was nothing like Supercop! I was, quite frankly, PISSED.

However, the films eventually won me over, Snake in the Eagle's Shadow being the impetus. From there I expanded to the other works of Yuen Woo Ping and Ng See Yuen, and the rest is history!

Ironically, I very rarely enjoy the Kung Fu comedies that Jackie is most associated with during the time period, today. 

The films I tend to enjoy the most are those without any REAL historical facts behind them...something about them make me feel as though I missed an episode before it or something. Furthermore, I love the hokey stuff, with real cult value. As beautiful and well-choreographed as something like Eight Diagram Pole Fighter is, I'll take the low budgeters like Mars Villa or Shaolin Vs. Lama any day. I find that the independent studios tended to get really far out there with there choreography and concepts, to make up for a lack of top-tier stars or illustrious sets. 

That being said here are some of my favorites ever and I am always looking for suggestions!

In no particular order:

Shaolin Vs. Lama

Shaolin Wooden Men

Dragon on the Shaolin Tower aka Tower of the Drunken Dragons 

Incredible Kung Fu Mission

Mars Villa

Invincible Armour

Secret Rivals

The Cranefighter

One-Armed Swordsman

Five Deadly Venoms

Crippled Avengers

Avenging Eagle

Heroes Two

Last Hurrah for Chivalry

Come Drink With Me

Snake In The Monkey's Shadow

Duel of the Seven Tigers

Daggers 8

Seven Steps of Kung Fu

Crippled Masters

Grand Master of Shaolin Kung Fu

Born Invincible

Ninja: The Final Duel

Seven Grandmasters

My favorite fighters and stars include:

John Cheung Ng Long

John Liu

Alexander Lo

David Chiang

Raymond Liu

Wilson Tong

Chi Kuan Chun

Mark Long

Jack Long

I'll be posting reviews from time-to-time and look forward to getting to know some of you guys!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum, always nice to see someone new join the community.

I love this quote "The films I tend to enjoy the most are those without any REAL historical facts behind them...something about them make me feel as though I missed an episode before it"

I know exactly what you mean, although I never thought of how to describe it, that's awesome.

Hey.

I saw the post on City on Fire about this place needing donations, so I kicked a few dollars in. I figure i should join up now that I have some money invested.

I've only been collecting for a few years, but I've been a fan of Martial Arts since seeing some Jackie Chan movies as a kid. Looking forward to spending some time on here, it seems like my kind of place.