I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Egocentrik1

Bruce Lee (1940-1973)

Guest silver hermit

when people like lau kar leung and sammo hung say bruce was the best and no other person has displayed true martial arts on screen its kind of hard to argue with that

Guest stormybman
when people like Lau Kar Leung and Sammo Hung say Bruce was the best and no other person has displayed true Martial Arts on screen its kind of hard to argue with that

:hat

"With such wisdom, you shall go far..."

thumb.jpg

Guest ToddTheRef

<Name an actor who was able to surpass the onscreen presence that Bruce had? Yeah if Bruce stepped in the "octagon" and followed the "set of rules", then yes it would be over in minutes.

But if your going to fight with no rules, Im sure Bruce could hold his own. And as for this UFC business, my friends this is not ultimate fighting! When fighters are allowed to remove eyeballs from sockets, kick or punch at the groin, aim at the throat, etc, etc, then we can call it Ultimate fighting!>

I absolutely agree Bruce had an unmatched onscreen intensity. You just FELT like you wouldn't want to mess with this guy. His onscreen punches kicks etc also 'felt' like they had amazing power, which a lot of fight scenes lack. You'll get no argument from me there. Like I said, he was the best for his time, and that isn't an insult to Bruce.

I do agree that UFC is not no-holds barred fighting, so it is a bit difficult to judge who would win in a "real" fight. One thing you need to remember though, those UFC guys have been in many real fights too, so its not like they are strangers to executing groin attacks, joint attacks, eye and throat attacks, etc. I don't see Bruce having an avantage there, it would be a level playing field, I believe.

K1 out of Japan is actually the closest to real fighting that a competitive organization can get. They allow you to kick a downed oppenent, as well as throw more elbows, which UFC restricts. Still, it has rules, and is therefore not "real" fighting.

"Prodigious cheeseburger lockers and kung fu do not mix well" - ancient Chinese proverb

Guest WalkOn

Thank you, monk sante! Just when you think you've seen them all.... I never would've thought there was other unused material from Enter the Dragon.

Guest Daisho2004

DVD Release Date: December 4, 2007

A 10-year-old Bruce Lee stars as Kid Cheung, an orphan boy who sells comics in a little stall in the slums to survive. He and his two siblings are looked after by his Uncle Ho, a teacher. When the wealthy Hung Pak-ho surveys the slums to build a school for orphans, he is robbed by the vicious Blade Lee and his gang. Cheung helps Blade Lee escape and earns his friendship, but Uncle Ho convinces him to return the gold necklace Lee stole. Hung rewards Ho by hiring him as his private secretary.

51vlyp07AzL._SS500_.jpg

The legendary Bruce Lee would have been 67 years old today (November 27, 1940).

Just wanted to give a shoutout to the legend!!! :)

Hi everyone...as we all know, there have been many Bruce Lee clones in the 1970's after his tragic death in 1973. If you had to choose your favorite of the Bruce-alikes, who would it be and why?

I would choose Bruce Li because he did not really agree with the name (producer Jimmy Shaw came up with the name) but he did a good Bruce in "Bruce Lee: True Story". Plus, a lot of his other films were far superior to the other Bruce-alikes.

Dynamo, Fists of Bruce Lee, Counter Attack, Kung Fu Avengers (with Lo Meng and Carl Scott), Blind Fist of Bruce, and more...

Who's your favorite Bruce Lee-lookalike?

I liked Kim Tai Jung in Tower of Death. It wasn't so much his facial features (although he did look like Bruce's cousin), but more his body movements, while imitating Bruce Lee's fighting style, that were dead on. That scene where he's challenged by the Karate fighter in the greenroom was awesome. He was terrific. It felt like I was watching Bruce come back to life. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6QpP4VeCkE

To the man whose legacy defines all that we love about the modern unarmed action film, a very Happy Birthday!

Truly one in a billion, and forever left his mark!

Bruce Lee.

My favorite among hundreds of the most talented, innovative, creative, athletic,on screen fighters, past and present.

Nobody does it better.

:cool:

Guest will91XingYu

I like Dragon Lee and Bruce Leung, would Yuen Biao count as he half played him in Game of Death one and two. Can't wait for Finishing the Game looks so funny!

Guest WhiteTiger1

I choose Dragon Lee, he had the physical characteristics of Bruce Lee, size and build. His movies just were not all that good.

Bruce Li never did it for me.. Just did not look the part. To skinny and not so fluid with his motion. Bruce Lee brought a lot of power to the screen and I did not see that with Bruce Li. And honestly I did not care for any of his movies.:eek:

I liked Kim Tai Jung in Tower of Death. It wasn't so much his facial features (although he did look like Bruce's cousin), but more his body movements, while imitating Bruce Lee's fighting style, that were dead on. That scene where he's challenged by the Karate fighter in the greenroom was awesome. He was terrific. It felt like I was watching Bruce come back to life. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6QpP4VeCkE

Kim Tai Chung is the best Lee imitator.In No Retreat, No Surrender, his Lee-like performance,was really dead on, and i've not seen ANYONE perform as close to Bruce as he did. :cool:

Anyone come up with Chan Wai Man's secret and what was with his talk with Raymond at the hotel in front of Lazenby? The comment by Chow, "how many are dead?..." still boggles my mind.

Now that's interesting, have any ideas or guesses Dragon on who Raymond was referring to when he asked how many are dead? What on earth would multiple killings have to do with Bruce Lee and why would Raymond ask such a question?

I enjoyed reading Unsettled Matters and believe there was some truth written in the book, I just don't know how much. One thing I believe for sure is that Bruce was no saint and he had his problems and faults just like everybody else. Knowing this does not make me any less a fan of his though and I respect him and his accomplishments in the Martial Arts and on film.:cool:

I enjoyed reading Unsettled Matters and believe there was some truth written in the book, I just don't know how much. One thing I believe for sure is that Bruce was no saint and he had his problems and faults just like everybody else. Knowing this does not make me any less a fan of his though and I respect him and his accomplishments in the Martial Arts and on film.:cool:

No one is Perfect...:D

Just finished reading this book tonight. The personal stuff about Bruce blew my mind! I can't say for certain that everything in the book was true, but nevertheless very heavy stuff. I still really enjoy Bruce just as much as ever. I have to admit though, I just finished watching Fists of Fury again to see if I could see any of the things written about

Bruce in the book. I felt like I knew the man behind the character on screen better tonight. However now I probably just feel worse for Bruce than I did before I read the book. Imagine all of the stuff that was racing though BL's head on a regular basis.