I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Egocentrik1

Bruce Lee (1940-1973)

Bleeker claims his startling weight loss came from his discontinuence of using steroids, don't know if I believe that though because Bruce never looked like he was on the roids with his thin frame and hardly any muscle mass although he became incredibly defined by the time of ETD. Never have trusted Ting Pei, they said at one time to get away from all the rumors and people bad mouthing her she joined a buddhist monastery and became a nun! She must have felt she had alot to repent for?

remember what james coburn said on curse of the dragon doc about how different bruce looked, like his face had been painted, did not look like bruce...hmmm

For what it’s worth –

Here is an interesting article I found:

While attending college near to Ontario, California one of my female friends (just a friend as we were not dating) sister dated a man named Nook Lee. He had a studio in Ontario called the “Red Dragon Studio”. I was often at their apartment with my friend when she would visit her sister. On many occasions he would put on demonstrations or work out to entertain us. His demonstrations were spectacular to say the least! The one that impressed me the most was when he would place a Ping-Pong ball on his girlfriend’s head. She was actually a few inches taller than him. He would spin, become airborne and kick the ball full force without touching her hair. The Ping-Pong ball exploded from the force and once it put a hole in the wall. His neighbor got very angry but I won’t go into that story.

About six months after meeting him, my friend and I stopped by to visit. He was very agitated and he was so angry it scared me. He had a hand written letter in his hand that was clearly the source of his anger. His girlfriend was crying and said that Bruce Lee was dead and he had just received a letter about the funeral. He explained that he was Bruce Lee’s Nephew and they had trained together because they were near the same age. I had no idea until that moment there was a connection. He was ranting about something in the letter and he let me read it. He was also very upset because he did not have the money for an airline ticket. According to the letter Bruce Lee was beaten to death by a large group of young thugs in an alley. They were apparently trying to make a name for themselves by killing the great “Bruce Lee”. The letter asked that the recipients keep the information secret. They were concerned that an unreleased movie would be financially damaged if people knew how he was killed. After I read it, he asked that I not tell anyone about it. The news was saying he died from some sort of rare disease that caused his brain to swell.

Was Nook actually Bruce Lee’s Nephew?

I do not know. I don’t know why he would lie about that. I believed him at the time.

What do I know about Nook?

He owned a martial arts studio named the “Red Dragon”.

The man who owned a martial arts studio a block from my mothers house was one of his students.

He only trained people who were already very skilled and most of his students owned studio’s themselves.

He had nothing to gain by lying to me about this.

He never mentioned it again after that day.

His demonstrations were the best I have ever seen and I have never seen anyone match them other than in the fake stuff in the movies.

After watching more and more of The Legend of Bruce Lee I am 100% convinced this story is true. Bruce wasn't the most likable guy in the world. I think all those martial artists who hated him were more than happy to bring death to the "little dragon". Personally I used to believe Raymond Chow played a role in Bruce's death. Maybe he did or maybe he had more knowledge than what he has said in the past. Either way I do not think that Bruce Lee died simply because of allergies to hash.

Interesting how it still points toward someone doing something to Bruce right? and that would explain a "missing" shoe when his body was brought to the hospital, and why RC said to Chan Wai Man, who reported Lee's death, "How many are dead?"

Interesting. Never heard of a nephew, however, it wouldn't be too far fetched to say some sort of fellow Martial Artist who had long ties to Lee.

Guest WuxiaFan
Just sharing a Bruce Lee tribute video that I recently made :nerd:

Awesome video! Was that you singing "King of Kung Fu"? :wink: