I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Egocentrik1

Bruce Lee (1940-1973)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Stormybman made me aware of this book and I have found me a copy, can't wait to read it! I have the Bruce Thomas books Fighting Spirit and Fighting Words and am looking forward to adding Bleeker's book to my collection. 8)

Guest Johnnie freeze

I read this book before...interesting read but I dont put too much truth into it, as it sounds like it was written by a jealous & vindictive person to me.

Guest jirpy100

It's a bit too long to read in one go, but will read it this weekend. I second Fighting Spirit, excellent bio. Make sure you get the re-issue.

Guest fabhui

Not a bad read, not completely accurate by any stretch of the imagination but he does raise the odd interesting point here and there.

Guest rindge

I don't know how true this is, but it is a great read. Thanks for posting. I posted the url on a wing chun kung fu website.

Rindge

Guest Chinatown Kid

Have been reading my copy over the last two days and there is some surprising claims in this book so far. One thing that I had never heard before was that Bob Baker(Russian villain in FOF and a student of Lee's)was Bruce's drug supplier and that he would smuggle them into HK where Bruce was living at the time. Also that he suggests that Lee's problems of mood swings, profuse sweating, and acne were a side effect of steroid use. He claims Bruce used the roids to get that incredibly defined look he had. Some of this stuff makes since looking back now but still have my doubts on how much is actually true or not. One things for sure, it definately makes for interesting reading.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Well I'm not saying it's true, I was just stating what Bleeker wrote. :\

Bleeker also states this in Unsettled Matters: The psychological profile noted in users of anabolic steroids aptly describes Bruce Lee in the early 1970's and includes an increase in self esteem, sometimes to the point of severe narcissism and self obsession, an increased physical drive to exercise intensely, a decrease in the user's ability to accept poor performance or failure, and a marked decrease in their tolerance of others.

Now I know people can have these traits even though they don't use steroids and am not saying what Bleeker wrote is true, but how do you know necessarily that it's not true?

Guest pressureworld

I really enjoyed it, It's nice to see Bruce Lee potrayed as a real human with flaws like the rest of us for once instead of a God. A true author is suppossed to tell the good with the bad, and he says some wonderful things about Lee it's not Bleecker's fault Lee was such an @#%$ LOL, This is well written & very interesting thanks

Guest stormybman

Press., man, finally a comment worthy of acknowlegement. You have to take the good with the bad, and many readers saw only bashing, however, the text was not written for praise, simply disclosure to lay to rest lies, myths, and cover-ups. :D

Still, none want to accept the image of this man depicted today was created by way of a marketing strategy, so the estate and "undisclosed" parties may find his name, likeness, and accomplishments, as a source of valuable income. You have to remember, when BL died, the world didn't care, he wasn't a global international star, he was a rising star from the Orient, and his sudden demise increased his popularity as it does at times and shortly afterward it soon died down. By the time all court settlements finished, his family barely had anything, so his widow's attorney, Marshall, started the deal with MCA, which Bleecker carefully pointed out stands for Merchandising Corporation of America! Slowly, from there, an image was constructed. Remember Lee's note from Tao Of Jeet Kune Do were simply that, presonal notes by Lee for his own referrence, His estate later published it as if it were some kind of sacred doctrine. MARKETING!

That's simply one of hundreds of examples, however, BL was a man who's contributions to the world of Martial Arts, and Films, will go down in history as completely significant, and very well should. Hell, I have all of his films, several versions of each, books galore, and will buy more, I love the guy. Everything is much clearer now and I feel no mystique in regards to him as a person anymore.

Guest Chinatown Kid

After reading Bleecker's book so far, Raymond Chow seems to be the one portrayed as "shady". It seems he didn't really give a @#%$ about Bruce or his family and only seen Bruce as a big dollar sign. I know Chow was only in the business to make money but it seems he was a greedy crook and was trying to hide the true profits Bruce's films were making so he could have the biggest piece of the pie. I don't doubt he planted Betty Ting in Bruce's life to use as leverage either. I guess working for Run Run Shaw must have rubbed off on old Raymond. :P

Guest stormybman

Betty Ting was the worst sort also. She started off sleezy and seemingly had something over Lee. What's weird is how did she manage this without some influence over a short period of time. The only explaination is Raymond, who probably "treated" Bruce to her as a trophy for the success of Fist of Fury. She even ended up with the crew that went to Rome. What's up with that?

Years later, when everyone wanted her neck, she married a top Triad, Charles Hung, and received protection from certain disaster. This was really a mess. I'm certain had he lived a little longer, Linda would have Divorced.

Finally, that strange third insurance policy taken out on Lee, that went into effect as of May 5, '73, along with Lee's own policy and his screen actor's hollywood policy, had to be taken by Chow, who benefited heavily once Lee died. Strangely enough the May 10th "collapse" at the studio, the only reported evidence of a problem with Lee's health happened 5 days later. Then on the day he died, Chow was also present. They had been feuding, and one of Lee's last letters was to his attorney Marshall to "hear Raymond out" about Lee's finances with Concord. He was being jibbed on the books: possibly Triads taking their Tea Money off the top.

Bruce had also pulled a knife on Lo Wei, a head Triad, infront of witnesses, ten days before death. A terrible loss of face to a head Triad? Nothing good could come of that... Why did Bruce hate Lo so? Because he was a lousy director? C'mon, there were hundreds of lousy directors in HK at that time: Lo was a Triad, Bruce dispised that and he had a bit of control over what was going on. Look, Jimmy Wang Yu was able to opt out of his Shaws contract under the condition to never work in HK again. Bruce wasn't going to be needing HK with the direction his career was taking, so if Wang Yu had to leave HK for good, where was Bruce going? Six feet under, man and boy!!! :hat

Guest Chinatown Kid

Hey stormy, I was curious to know if you have seen the film Bruce Lee and I aka Bruce Lee:His Last Days/His Last Nights and how much truth you thought was in this Ting Pei version of the story? I believe the majority of it was bull although I'm pretty sure Bruce was fooling around with her. I was also shocked to see Danny Lee(who's definately no Bruce Lee) perform as good as he did in the fight scenes, it's the best I've ever seen him look martial arts wise.

Guest stormybman

Yes, i've seen this film, have it in my Shaws collection. By now i think everyone knows Lee and Ting Pei were having an affair, although, it was written by I believe Davis Miller, Lee was getting a certain " sexual " education from Betty. Apparently, she was very talented, far more experienced, and he was interested in her for that among other reasons.

The film, I feel, is crap. When Betty, at every turn had an opportunity to reveal truth, they went for more deception. Like how she met Bruce, I don't believe the films depiction at all. Was he drinking, and bullying? Yes, I believe with more success, he became more of an A**HOLE, however the film's potrayal of his attitude seems angled for sure.

Danny Lee is and has always been a talented actor, not much of an on screen fighter, and he played the lead with restraint, maybe even moreso than Jason Scott Lee, years later.

Lastly, I notice at not any moment in the film, is Betty portrayed as an influence on Bruce, drug wise, and I feel she was far more influencial in that regard. She knew her way around the HK exploitation market well, and was into far more stuff than "CANNABIS".... And did you notice her "version" has Chow no where to be seen during Lee's last hours? Interesting, seeing that they both said Chow and Lee stopped by her flat the evening he died and had softdrinks. Chow, after hearing Lee complain of headache," went to washroom and then left." Bull@#*$!!. Bruce didn't drive to her flat that evening, and I don't believe Chow did either. We do know his body was removed from there, but, I'm not certain that's where he may have expired. I'm still putting together my take and it's far different than what's been told the last 30 years... :hat

Guest Chinatown Kid

I pretty much agree with what you said about the film stormy and feel the same way, I do think Danny Lee looked suprisingly good in the fight scenes(especially that movie set Karate Dojo battle) considering he's not really much of a martial artist if at all. Your theory on Bruce's death and where he actually died could very well be the case. I guess the only ones who really know the truth are Betty Ting and Raymond Chow and there definately not changing their stories of what happened! :\

Guest Johnnie freeze

this one aired only once and was pulled for legal reasons. Get it here

[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/43628907/Bruce_Lee_Unreleased_Bio.part1.rar]rapidshare.com/files/4362....part1.rar[/url]

[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/43632098/Bruce_Lee_Unreleased_Bio.part2.rar]rapidshare.com/files/4363....part2.rar[/url]

[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/43635257/Bruce_Lee_Unreleased_Bio.part3.rar]rapidshare.com/files/4363....part3.rar[/url]

[url=http://rapidshare.com/files/43635648/Bruce_Lee_Unreleased_Bio.part4.rar]rapidshare.com/files/4363....part4.rar[/url]

67n48yf.jpg

Guest Johnnie freeze
Quite apt considering it's the 34th anniversary of Bruce's death.

Yes, its no coincidence that I picked today to post this.;)

Bruce Lee forever!

btw, if anyone wants this you'll need winwar to extract. I can upload that program as well for anyone who needs it.

Guest Johnnie freeze

No dount bro...and not only did Bruce die on July 20th, but it was also on a Friday, just like today. His spirit is with us.