I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Leeder

Linn Haynes In Memory Of

My goodness, very sad news indeed, its times like these that make you realize your own troubles are not that important after all.

He was a guy who was willing to share his knowledge and give real enthusiasm to the genre....my thoughts are with his family....

It's unfortunate I'll never have an opportunity to meet this gentleman and tell him how much I appreciate his efforts and love of Kung Fu film. It's great to have a knowledgable fan who knows and works with companies like Media Blasters to make sure we as fans get to see the best possible product there is. My hope is others will follow his example and continue in what he started. Linn's presence on this forum and others will be missed. :(

I just keep getting sadder and feel even more down everytime I go to the forum and realise...

Just the other day I was joking about his reaction to the commentary being accepted by Celestial, I then posted a GIF from 'Italian Superman' (he told me it was that).

Really bizarre and abrupt circumstances I must admit.

I feel the same way Chen Lung. This is so tragic. Daigoro, thats a very good idea.

I'd like to make a special commemorative dvd cover for Heroes 2 for him. I'll post it here when i'm finished for anyone to print out.

Teak, thank you brother. Your story touched me, it was not long winded at all. It gave insight into a great man.

Lots of love Linn, my heart goes out to your family, you will be greatly missed.

Wow this is terrible news. He was a standup guy and great contribution to our scene. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. I was looking forward to his work and his festival too. Such a shame. Sad day for all kung fu family. Teako i hope you dont mind me taking your image and putting a lil tribute to it.

c1c74b5974.jpg

Just logged on and saw this.

My first thought was, I've mis-read it - but, sadly, I hadn't.

Linn is, to me, and probably to all of us here, synonymous with MA cinema.

He often sent replies to my queries, and he was always a real gent.

This site will be VERY different without him.

My prayers go out to his family and all who knew him.

i have no words this is a complete shock. i can't belive this happened.. i been on this forum for ages and linn was always a voice of reason. he was a class act, a true gentleman and embodied all the good characteristics shown through these films. i never met him but you can tell this man lived the genre he was more than a fan i can't even explain what he ment to to our community. its things like this that happen to great people that make me want to strive to be better myself. the amount of dedication this man had for the genre always humbled me. i did not understand how many things he could do and fit them in 24 hours.

like others have said i hope that we can do something to let his legacy live on and i hope to god his book can be finished and published. that was his lifes work. if his family reads this my most heartfelt condolences. R.I.P. big man you will be missed by us all

Thanks for sharing that with us Teako mate. I remember you were having a break from the forum etc, but I'm sorry this is what you had to return to. Out of all the Shaw stars, at least you both got to meet Lo Meng, I wish I was there (but I had to live in the UK!).

Gfanik, I'm glad you managed to get an interview about how he got into the genre a few months back. The gesture is appreciated.

Hours on, and I can't emphasize enough how rotten it is. Oldeschool17, what a nice gesture - done the same.

True that Linn was greatly knowledgeable in MA genre, but he was also very knowledgeable in many other genres. He frequently visited a Horror forum that I also was a member on and it was amazing to read his knowledge insight about so many film genres.

One such fond memory I still have about Linn. On that forum there was of all things a Wrestling thread, I still recall the funny stuff we all talked about going back and forth of memories we had as children watching that stuff. The thing that made me have a huge smile, everything I mentioned seeing as a kid Linn had seen also and we both had some good laughs over the whole thing. Little things like that will always be in my heart.

i hear you grady. linn and i had many a laugh about things that went on in some of these threads. the man had a great sense of humor. (i think thats the first smile i cracked today... thanks for that.) i don't know about you guys but i'm in shock still the fandom will never be the same.

No, it won't be the same again. Linn had a particular charm that can't be matched. All this shouldn't have happened to him and it will take a while to get over. Sleep is the best natural way to rid of negativity, then you can think with a clear, calm mind the next day.

I'm still in shock about the fact I won't be able to PM him again to ask about Media Blasters, Eastern Star and the likes. I will miss my friend, as we all will.

agreed.

On a positive note. Even though ive never met Linn, I definently respect and appreciate all the hard work he's put into help preserve this genre alive. I cant think of a better impact of his work than the people that are paying their respects to him in this thread. That my friends is a testament of how he's touched many of us and how his legacy will love on. godspeed linn. godspeed

This is very shocking and very very sad. I just received a PM from Linn a couple of days ago welcoming me to the new board. He seemed like a great person and his knowledge of the films was incredible. I will keep Linn and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the avatar picture oldskool. I still can't believe Linn is gone. I feel like this is a bad dream and I'm trying to wake up but I just keep reliving it everyday. I will miss reading his topics and his knowledge on kung fu history. The last few days he was so happy about Heroes Two finally getting a decent release. Man, it just breaks my heart that he won't beable to see his final work and hear our opinions and joy on April 8. I WILL MISS YOU LINN.

Guest jirpy100

Great shock, really.... will be missed. Don't know what else to say right now. We all feel the same, a great loss not only to our community. He was a very friendly and informative person who always liked to help where he could....