I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Leeder

Linn Haynes In Memory Of

Wow! I'm totally taken aback by this news. When I became a member at the old forum back in 2001, he's one of the guys who welcomed me into the "family". I've always looked to him for his vast knowledge of SB and classic KF. And when he finally became a moderator after what seemed to be years of coaxing, I referred to him frequently in resolving many issues and conflicts on the board.

Now I feel bad for not going to Philly for the Lo Mang celebration. I figured that was just an opening of doors for more opportunities to get together for future events. Just a reminder that we can't take life for granted, and to count each day as a blessing. He will certainly be missed here, but his impact of the genre that we so love will live on.

I'm just totally shocked, I just can't believe this. I talked to him just two weeks ago about the effort he went through for the Heroes Two Commentary. He was so happy to finish. I'm just so shocked. I really can't express anything else. I am so sad, I'm just heartbroken. He was such a great friend and someone I will never forget. I am at such a loss.

He was the kindest man, who spent hours on the phone helping me with kung fu research, my papers, and just talking kung fu.

I just can't think of anything else, I'm just so....sad.

I only hope that his work will be preserved. He had phone books written for his book, we must make sure they are published.

WE MUST! His legacy was not just some liner notes here and there.

We need to carry his memory on, I was hoping that we can get as many quotes and stories about Linn. I want to publish them in on giant article that anyone can repost where there want to, so we can let the world know just how wonderful Linn was.

Is anyone with me?

Wow I can't even come up with the words. My thoughts and prayers go out to Linn's family and close friends. We lost a great member of the board and a true embassador of Kung Fu cinema. I never saw a rude comment or a question go unanswered by Linn.

My god, totally shocked. Not something I ever expected.

I'm very sorry indeed to see this, just PMed him last week.

My condolences to his family. Thanks Mike for telling us.

I'm completely and utterly in shock at this sad news. He will be so deeply missed, the forums without him will never be the same again.

My condolences, prayers and deepest sympathy go out to his family.

We'll miss you Linn !!!!

I can't believe he's gone. Even though I didn't know him very well. He was a knowledgeable and very friendly guy. I'm just so sad he's gone, he was so happy about the release of heroes two and celestial accepting his commentary track. I just can't believe this... he will be greatly miss.

My condolences to his family and friends. I will miss you LINN, may you RIP with the greats up in Heaven.

I can't believe he's gone. Even though I didn't know him very well. He was a knowledgeable and very friendly guy. I'm just so sad he's gone, he was so happy about the release of heroes two and celestial accepting his commentary track. I just can't believe this... he will be greatly miss.

My condolences to his family and friends. I will miss you LINN, may you RIP with the greats up in Heaven.

Agreed mate.

Still can't believe it:(...

I just talked to John S at MB. Heroes Two is finished, but there is a wealth of Linn's info that will be used in later releases and there very open to a tribute about Linn appearing on the next disc or one in the future. I would ask that if anyone can just tell me about how Linn helped you or the knowledge he displayed to please drop me an email at gfanikf@yahoo.com I'm going to start to assemble and write a tribute to our wonderful and truly missed friend so we can insure his memory and legacy will burn bright forever!

Thank you

Ian

Linn was quite frankly, the internet and the DVD world's kung fu guy. Others may have been as informed, as active with production/fanfare, but I doubt they were as overall aggressive as Linn, scouring every board, working on his book, and toiling with distributors trying to get this genre treated with respect and care... he lived and breathed for it.

He will be sadly missed and we are all worse off for his absence.

My GOD what a tragic loss, I feel like a just lost a brother and I never met the guy. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. A huge loss to the Kung Fu movie world. :(

I hope his family know how much he meant to us all.

It's an absolute crime he'll not even see his first 'Heroes Two' DVD, a product he worked so hard to get out. Linn even said the commentary was cursed.

I'm really sad to hear this news. I havn't been a long-time member of this board but I've been around enough to see the knowledge Linn has shared with all the people here and me at times and its sad to see a fellow kung fu fan who obviously loved what he did pass away.

I can't believe it. Linn was one of the greatest guys to post messages and give his outlook on the film world. He definitely was a great help in making both High Impact and Asian Impact Cinema what it is today with the help of many more fans. He will definitely be missed as not only a great fan, but a friend as well. R.I.P. Linn

On Monday's update, we are going to dedicate this week's update to his memory.

Guest Markgway

Jesus. That's absolutely terrible news. I had enormous respect for Linn. Not only was he the most knowledgeable authority on Kung Fu movies I knew, but a nice guy too. My thoughts go to his wife after this tragedy.

RIP, mate. :(

ubelievably sad news. i was working with him on the DESPERATE CHASE DVD some weeks ago. he could not wait to get it. i think a dedication on it is the least i can give him now to honor all his work and love he had for these Films.

This is so unbelievable.

Even though I'm relatively new to the forums, Linn's presence was so clearly felt, and not just here, but all through the web and every corner of fandom.

Asian cinema has lost one of its brightest and most towering members of the community, but it's the loss of the man himself, his warmth and kindness as an individual, and what he meant to the people who knew him that hurts the most.

My heart goes out to his family.

Just received an email from Brian about this tragic event.

I'm hurting inside brothers. Hurting real bad.

They say in a moment of grief one should try to think of a happier time. Let me tell you a little about Sifu....

Needless to say his knowledge of these films was only surpassed by his willingness to share such information with his fandom family. While I've known Linn for several years, I only first met him face to face this past summer in Philly. It was at the fight expo that I was waiting on him and Brian to arrive. It was fairly late in the event, when I was sitting at the back of the dojo watching Lo wrap up the demonstration. Carl Morano was standing to my right when someone walked up to him and Carl said "Hi Linn."

Linn didn't see me (nor knew what I looked like) and started to stand with his back to me. I gave him a slight nudge in the back. Some might take offense to the small poke but Linn turned to me, apologized for blocking my view and graciously began to move out of my way. I gave him another poke and smiled at him. I said, "No - that's not it. I'm Teako." He then smiled back, shook my hand and we had a good laugh.

I really enjoyed that weekend and not for meeting a Venom. But also for finally meeting him and Brian and the others which really helped put a human touch to an otherwise faceless internet forum.

Linn phoned me roughly a month ago. We talked about our potential plans (along w/ Brian) to go to London in December for the Shaw European tour. His wife had family in Ireland and he spoke of visiting there as well. He was preparing to do his commentary for H2 that weekend and he talked at great length about Shaolin Temple, Hung Hsi Kuan and Fang Shih Yu. The man had a fervor for these films and its culture. I probably got in 3 or 4 minutes, in an otherwise hour-long conversation. :)

In his last email, he told me all the crazy details about doing his track (a tale I'll share on another day). I wrote back to him a few days later, not knowing at the time that he would not be responding.

I apologize for this long winded response. Linn was a friend and I will think of him each time I watch these films that we both greatly treasure.

My heart goes out to this wife and family.

I'll see you on the other side my brother....

threevenoms.jpg

Teako170, Lo Mang, and Linn1 ... Philadelphia ... Summer 2007