I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Leeder

Linn Haynes In Memory Of

Hey guys,

I was thinking of something. Later this year, I'm planning to re-launch my old website High Impact, but retitle it High Impact Cinema. I'm dedicating the relaunch to Linn's memory, but I'm also planning to do a special award in memory of him.

I just don't know what the Linn Haynes Award should be given out to. Any suggestions?

Guest Markgway
I just don't know what the Linn Haynes Award should be given out to. Any suggestions?

What would the award be for? Contribution to Asian Cinema? Something like that? Is it for Filmmakers or Fans?

What would the award be for? Contribution to Asian Cinema? Something like that? Is it for Filmmakers or Fans?

Maybe I could use it for Best Film of the Year when the end of 2009 comes up. :) And as for silver hermit, I always let the fans vote and then whoever gets the most votes win as I did with my previous site. :)

That sounds very cool. I have wanted to provide a scholarship somewhere in honor of Linn but I have not been able to find a university that programs of study in Asian Kung Fu films. If anyone knows of any I will gladly look into them. I think it would be a worthy endeavor in honor of my & our Linn.

It has now been one year since Linn's passing. I briefly spoke to the mods late last year about de-sticking this thread on the anniversary of his death and none objected. I will leave it open for anyone who still wishes to comment.

I'd like to direct folks to the new announcement of Teako's Linn Haynes Memorial Collection which will be hosted on KFC. The unveiling should take place sometime in the second quarter of this year.

5 years ago this morning that we lost one of nicest guys I've ever met.

Linn would listen when you talked with him. Many times I find when talking to others they seem to be only thinking about something else they want to say.

Still after five years, I still think about Linn...he was truly one of the greatest fans of the genre and he was one of my major influences in writing about martial arts films. In a way, if it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't be writing for Kung Fu Cinema.

I hope he is up there having a ball with Bruce Lee, Joe Lewis, Fu Sheng, and all of the legends martial arts cinema have lost.

I joined shortly before he passed. I never got to know him but had read many of his contributions to the genre. Such a knowledgeable person. A huge factor in getting quality fare to the masses.

Will always be missed.

:nerd:

I only caught the tail end of Linn's forum presence... but the loss just goes to show how important one person's knowledge is to this sparsely informed scene. I think today many people would have a lot of questions to ask and he'd be happy to oblige.

I only caught the tail end of Linn's forum presence... but the loss just goes to show how important one person's knowledge is to this sparsely informed scene. I think today many people would have a lot of questions to ask and he'd be happy to oblige.

So true.

Among my friends I'm considered an Asian film expert. But talking to Linn for ten minutes I learned so many things! I think my half of the conversation consisted mostly of "Really? I didn't know that. No kidding? No, I've never even heard of that movie! Wow, that sounds great!":tongue: Yet he was not at all a "know-it-all" (like someone else I met on the same day). He was just excited to be sharing what he loved with someone else that appreciated the same thing. Honestly, I was almost as excited to have met him as I was Lo Meng! :nerd: When I came home I said to my wife "Hey, you know that guy on the forum that I always tell you is full of awesome info? Well he was there, and he was super nice!" He gave me his number that day, and I looked forward to talking to him again. The furthest thing from my mind was that I would never see him in person again. What a terrible shock. :squigglemouth:

All I can say is this- I'm lucky to have met such a down-to-Earth, friendly guy. And did I check out the stuff he mentioned to me? Damn straight! :bigsmile: And thanks to Teako and some other guys that kept this forum going when things got shaky, most of Linn's posts are still here for us old folks to re-reference, and for new fans to discover. :wink: