I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Leeder

Linn Haynes In Memory Of

Members of the Forum,

I regret to inform you that we have lost one of our friends, one of the most well informed and inspiring, honest members of this and many other forums, Bobby "Linn" Haynes.

I just received an e-mail from Linn's wife informing me that Linn died on Feb 28th in a car accident.

Linn's contributions to the forum and assistance with the DVD releases of many classic Hong Kong movies leaves behind a legacy that we all should respect.

You may visit www.bridgesfh.com to view information and leave a message. (I need not remind you that any messages should be supportive and polite)

I trust that we will all remember Linn and his contributions, and offer our condolences to his family at this time.

Mike Leeder

Hong Kong

This is such sad news, and just as he was finally getting reconized as one of the more knowledgeable persons in Kung Fu cinema and getting the respect he deserved(that we always knew and gave him on this forum). My condolences to his family as I'm sure he was a great man beyond his knowlegde on this forum.

No No No It Can't Be Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop This Kind Of Joke Just Tell Us You Are Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!right?????????????????????????????????????????????????

A very sad loss for our fandom, and more importantly for his family. His posts always reflected genuine friendliness, enthusiasm, knowledge and honor.

Linn; What a great loss....

Never got to meet him, but considered him as a friend. I traded with him back before Kung Fu Fandom when I had my own web-site for this genre. I sent him artwork, we traded, and we communicated about the genre.

My tears honor you my friend...

May God bless you and your family.:(

This is a poem that was passed along to me when my GF passed away last month, I would like to share it.

We Remember Them

In the rising of the sun and in its going down, we remember them.

In the blowing of the wind and the chill of winter, we remember them.

In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring, we remember them.

In the blueness of the sky and in the warmth of summer, we remember them.

In the rustling of leaves and in the beauty of autumn, we remember them.

When we are weary and in need of strength, we remember them.

When we are lost and sick at heart, we remember them.

When we have joys we yearn to share, we remember them.

So long as we live, they to shall live for they are now part of us, as we remember them.

RSK & JR

What a shocking tragic news, so sorry to read this. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. This goes to show how suddenly a life can be taken and how we should never take for granted each second of life God gives us. You may be gone Linn but you will not be forgotten, may you rest in peace.

Quite sadden to hear this news. I'd been workig with Linn on sourcing materials for all the upcoming Shaw Brothers releases and we had many talks and emails concerning the direction these releases were going.

I feel fortunate to have met him at the Lo Meng get together in Philadelphia last year. I had a rental car and he and his friend rode around town with me and we had a great time discussing Shaw Brothers and the weekend events. Linn was very easy to talk to and get along with and was someone who I considered a friend.

I'll miss him.

I first heard this news on another message board so let me just repeat what I wrote there: He was the most knowledgable person on kung fu movies I ever had the pleasure to talk to. Just goes to show death can grab anyone at any time. Now I really hope his commentary is still included on the Heroes Two in honor of him and everything he did for martial arts movie fans.

this is terrible-terrible news. this is by far the worst most shocking news ever . i just can,t believe it. no more LINN1. well i hope his family gets threw this.

Quite sadden to hear this news. I'd been workig with Linn on sourcing materials for all the upcoming Shaw Brothers releases and we had many talks and emails concerning the direction these releases were going.

I feel fortunate to have met him at the Lo Meng get together in Philadelphia last year. I had a rental car and he and his friend rode around town with me and we had a great time discussing Shaw Brothers and the weekend events. Linn was very easy to talk to and get along with and was someone who I considered a friend.

I'll miss him.

I'll miss him too. What a great guy. So glad I was able to meet him at the event and got into a little adventure when his hotel room was switch without him being notified. Great guy all around.

I can't even begin to imagine this, it saddens me to much to think that he is gone. I have known Linn from various forums for well over 7-8 years. Just thinking about this makes me want to breakdown and cry... My condolences goes out to his wife and family. You will be missed Sifu!

I just found out on another forum and I am absolutely stunned, what a tragic loss. I didn't know him personally but through the forums you come to consider the regulars as friends, my thoughts are with his family.