WhiteTiger1

List New Releases of Classic Kung Fu Movies

Delved a bit further, seems the only English friendly release will be FATAL FLYING GUILLOTINES

Celestial are preventing English subs or dubs on the Shaw Bros films (the Killer and One Armed Swordsman)

Also THE KILLER aka Sacred Knives of Vengeance will be DVD only (but no English alas)

King Hu's The Fate of Lee Khan has been acquired by Film Movement Classics and will probably get a Blu-ray release in the U.S.  The info is from a January 16, 2019 online article - https://deadline.com/2019/01/film-movement-classics-john-woo-viggo-mortensen-maggie-cheung-1202536038/  "Film Movement Classics Acquires Seven Movies Including John Woo, Viggo Mortensen, Maggie Cheung Pics... U.S. arthouse buyer Film Movement has picked up North American rights to seven movies for its classics label, including John Woo's first contemporary action film Heroes Shed No Tears (1984)..."  IMDB says the movie, Chinese title Ying xiong wu lei, was actually released in 1986.  But the seven movies also include "King Hu's martial arts film The Fate of Lee Khan (1973) [and] Stanley Kwan's Hong Kong New Wave drama Center Stage (1991), starring Maggie Cheung."  The Fate of Lee Khan  Heroes Shed No Tears, and Center Stage were licensed from Fortune Star Media.  "Most of the acquisitions will have a limited theatrical run followed by digital and home releases, including on Film Movement's new streaming service." 

Film Movement will release King Hu's The Fate of Lee Khan in the U.S. on Blu-ray in July 2019, no assigned date announced.  This is a "brand new 2K restoration...  The new restoration will open [on Friday, April 5] at the Metrograph in New York City".   Update:  The Blu-ray + DVD is now listed for U.S. release on July 23, 2019 - https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fate-of-Lee-Khan-Blu-ray/239880/

"In his follow-up to the critically acclaimed A Touch of Zen, trailblazing filmmaker King Hu brings together an all-star female cast, including Hong Kong cinema stalwart Li Li-hua and Angela 'Lady Kung Fu' Mao, in this lively martial arts adventure."

From https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=24893  

Digitally remastered trailer - 

Edited by whitesnake

There is Kung Fu Classics 1 BR coming out at September 23rd in scandinavia with some fairly impressive titles;

https://cdon.fi/elokuvat/kung-fu-classics-1-box-blu-ray-47785205

Hapkido
Korea, 1934. During the Japanese occupation, there is open warfare between rival martial arts schools. There is a fight in the marketplace, and three Chinese students can't stand the unfair way of students that side up with the invasors, when they gang assault one of the fighting men. Between the three, they send the aggressors away. Retaliation is heavy: their school is destroyed, and they are banished. They return to China, and start their own school, and set out on good-will visits to the other martial arts schools, only to find that everybody in their neighbourhood is already dominated by the Japanese. They have many kung fu fights to win, before they eventually manage to establish peace.

Shaolin Plot
This 1977 Hong Kong action film gave Sammo Hung his first starring role. A sinister martial arts master moves violently through Hong Kong. The only person standing in his way is his best student.

Iron Fisted Monk
The Iron-Fisted Monk marks the directorial debut of Sammo Hung (Painted Faces, TVÂ's Martial Law), who used the opportunity to push the envelop in kung fu action films.

Warriors Two
Beloved for its combination of thrilling combat choreography and hilarious physical comedy, the film tells the story of a humble cashier who discovers a plot to kill his small town mayor.

Last Hurrah For Chivalry
A son tries to avenge his father, and gets two sword fighters to help him.

Knockabout
The brothers and small time crooks Yipao and Taipao convince a martial arts expert to take them on as students.

No details revealed yet about audio/subs but my guess is it`s just english dubs and scandisubs. Still it will be budget price and good catch. Never seen shaolin plot but interested certainly of it.

Also there will be Once upon a time in China box, same price as KFC, €19.95...

Edited by Tex Killer

That's an incredible price for all those films. Hopefully, if they have good audio/sub options, it'll make its way to amazon.de at some point.

Genre fan's should keep their eyes open, for the up-coming HD-Blu-Ray release of, Lee Tso Nam movie The Leg Fighter's(1980).

Click on the link below for more detials from @saltysam, who originally posted this great news.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:39 AM, Tex Killer said:

There is Kung Fu Classics 1 BR coming out at September 23rd in scandinavia with some fairly impressive titles;

https://cdon.fi/elokuvat/kung-fu-classics-1-box-blu-ray-47785205

Hapkido
Korea, 1934. During the Japanese occupation, there is open warfare between rival martial arts schools. There is a fight in the marketplace, and three Chinese students can't stand the unfair way of students that side up with the invasors, when they gang assault one of the fighting men. Between the three, they send the aggressors away. Retaliation is heavy: their school is destroyed, and they are banished. They return to China, and start their own school, and set out on good-will visits to the other martial arts schools, only to find that everybody in their neighbourhood is already dominated by the Japanese. They have many kung fu fights to win, before they eventually manage to establish peace.

Shaolin Plot
This 1977 Hong Kong action film gave Sammo Hung his first starring role. A sinister martial arts master moves violently through Hong Kong. The only person standing in his way is his best student.

Iron Fisted Monk
The Iron-Fisted Monk marks the directorial debut of Sammo Hung (Painted Faces, TVÂ's Martial Law), who used the opportunity to push the envelop in kung fu action films.

Warriors Two
Beloved for its combination of thrilling combat choreography and hilarious physical comedy, the film tells the story of a humble cashier who discovers a plot to kill his small town mayor.

Last Hurrah For Chivalry
A son tries to avenge his father, and gets two sword fighters to help him.

Knockabout
The brothers and small time crooks Yipao and Taipao convince a martial arts expert to take them on as students.

No details revealed yet about audio/subs but my guess is it`s just english dubs and scandisubs. Still it will be budget price and good catch. Never seen shaolin plot but interested certainly of it.

Also there will be Once upon a time in China box, same price as KFC, €19.95...

Can we purchase from this site in the US? These titles are on my most wanted list. Especially Warriors Two and Shaolin Plot.

15 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

I think they do not do shipping outside scandinavia. But if you still lack this title by black friday can help you out. I order stuff from them sure and it will likely be 25-50% cheaper then from rrp price which is not bad.

Edited by Tex Killer

12 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

I think they do not do shipping outside scandinavia. But if you still lack this title by black friday can help you out. I order stuff from them sure and it will likely be 25-50% cheaper then from rrp price which is not bad.

Do you know if this is region free? And do they come with english subs?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

Do you know if this is region free? And do they come with english subs?

Thanks.

No clue about region free or not. But will bet there is no english subs, just dubs. Same company released jackie chan and bruce lee boxes and they had english dubs only with norwegian/danish/finnish/swedish subtitles. I would too take rather english subs than local ones.

Thats a pity, with original audio this box would be even more value for money. But those are at this point guessing only better wait for more info. But it`s very possible they won`t make it too english friendly if same movies are released in other countries too.(eureka)..

Edited by Tex Killer

On 4/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, whitesnake said:

Film Movement will release King Hu's The Fate of Lee Khan in the U.S. on Blu-ray in July 2019, no assigned date announced. 

On 4/3/2019 at 11:41 AM, TheFlyingPanda said:

Saw this in the morning, I'm exited The Fate Of Lee Khan is getting a remastered BD print. 

On 4/3/2019 at 1:56 PM, ShawAngela said:

Next on my list...if the wallett agrees !

Release date 7/23/2019.

I already pre-ordered it.

2wef13n.jpg

2 hours ago, saltysam said:

i'll hang on for the eureka release of Lee Khan.

I will get both release.