I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

WhiteTiger1

List New Releases of Classic Kung Fu Movies

From my information there is going to be nothing new released regarding classic kung fu movies all of the movies have been sold off to china thats why they are far and few between.

Surely there would be Asian DVD releases? They wouldn't pay for the rights and not release them?

They dont need to release the films over here to make any money they bought them for release in china as china has a massive market so they can make tv deals etc thats why celestial targeting china and many films are made over there also it makes more sense in the business world its about numbers.If some films do get released it will be a small company doing it in the uk and i know the hong kong legends titles have been picked up for re release by showbox media and to my knowledge there going to be on blu-ray.

That doesn't make any sense. Since when have businesses not been in the business of making more money? If China has world rights exclusivity the company involved is obviously going to sell on those rights. As long as there's some company interested in buying the rights for certain films, somebody will buy the rights.

I think your maybe missing the point,if the case was true of films going to be released in the uk etc then companies would be doing it ie vengeance,rarescope and maybe some others and not bootleg people but this is just not the case so why would a uk company even bother obtaining rights which can run expensive only to put out a couple of movies and next minute there up on the torrents now where is the profit going to be made back would you invest in a big catalogue of films with such torrents and dvd-rs going around.China is a completely different country if a torrent even dares go online there its serious trouble you get locked up for years and also so many sites like rapidshare etc are blocked its very controlled.Now over there they have the ability to market on a giant scale to millions and millions of people so now even if they do get bootlegged which is risky for the booter there is still going to be big profits because of the sheer numbers and like i pointed out its a numbers game they can afford to do but here in the uk etc the numbers dont add up.

That doesn't make any sense. Since when have businesses not been in the business of making more money? If China has world rights exclusivity the company involved is obviously going to sell on those rights. As long as there's some company interested in buying the rights for certain films, somebody will buy the rights.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here but what changes have been made in China since this article?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/12/opinion/12iht-edchoate.html

I think your maybe missing the point,if the case was true of films going to be released in the uk etc then companies would be doing it ie vengeance,rarescope and maybe some others and not bootleg people but this is just not the case so why would a uk company even bother obtaining rights which can run expensive only to put out a couple of movies and next minute there up on the torrents now where is the profit going to be made back would you invest in a big catalogue of films with such torrents and dvd-rs going around.China is a completely different country if a torrent even dares go online there its serious trouble you get locked up for years and also so many sites like rapidshare etc are blocked its very controlled.Now over there they have the ability to market on a giant scale to millions and millions of people so now even if they do get bootlegged which is risky for the booter there is still going to be big profits because of the sheer numbers and like i pointed out its a numbers game they can afford to do but here in the uk etc the numbers dont add up.

Yes but look very closely when they mean counterfeit they are not referring to classic kung fu titles how much of the western world is really craving classic kung fu,its more to do with big label brands like gucci,parada electrical goods,trainers,clothes and them kind of things because there are massive profits to made from them.And the us goverment knows exactly what is going on they just dont no how to proceed forward without china getting pissed off and its because of trade relations and am glad cause about time someone put that bunch of puppet controlled american goverment idiots in there place.

Can you see obama sitting in that white house going right we gotta get these classic kung fu booters there hurting our economy i cant and also i dont believe a word any uk or usa commercial media says they just write what they want you to read and hear.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here but what changes have been made in China since this article?

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/12/opinion/12iht-edchoate.html

Yes but look very closely when they mean counterfeit they are not referring to classic kung fu titles how much of the western world is really craving classic kung fu,

True but while that article doesn't speak of these films, there's certainly a lot of pirated flicks out there (on eBay, etc.) and a good bit of it does comes out of the Far East. Its an ongoing problem that even the Chinese government will never be able to curtail.

And, speaking of China, you mentioned originally that China has a massive market. Massive market, yes, but for these films? Cinema was historically a disposable source of entertainment over there. Is there some big resurgence in the Orient for watching 25 to 50 year old movies?

its more to do with big label brands like gucci,parada electrical goods,trainers,clothes and them kind of things because there are massive profits to made from them.

Ok, so allow me another question. If China is locking up folks for years because of a torrent, what are they doing about these other pirates? One would think if the Chinese gov't was clamping down on piracy, movies would be the last thing on their plate.

There is not that many films on ebay that come from the china its mainly boots from hong kong and thailand thats why i say its not a massive problem to the usa because its just a little blip that doesnt affect anyone only tiny companies that put out legit movies.Disposable to who this is a different china not the same as years ago,tv and media dictates popularity so when they have kung fu tv shows on everyday it changes thoughts thats why the films are being licenced not just for dvd sales but potential revenue streams from other sources.This is a question i always pose to people before mentioning what you think goes on in china do you have an actual satalite beeming china tv 24hrs a day to your home probably not and thats why you never ever no what is going on in china and i said if caught you face years in jail and that means locked up indefinitly while your awaiting trial and that sentence goes even heavier to big boot leggers,and referring to the internet china have between twenty five and thirty thousand employees working for the goverment monitoring the internet there not so worried about the torrents there more worried what you might leak down the torrents about that country they monitor everything on the net everything and block nearly everything for users in china,if you have never been china i can tell you its like a fortress you can end up at customs sitting there for 2hrs being asked questions on where your going,who you staying with,there phone number everything you wouldnt imagine happens its not like the media shows china because when you get there its like someone watching you always and more so if your a westerner.

The bottomline is the chances of anything being released here its basically zero unless you count showbox releasing hong kong legends back catalogue on blu-ray so that does not count as new material the classic kung fu movie market is dead here the boot leggers and torrent downloaders killed it dead unfortunetly

True but while that article doesn't speak of these films, there's certainly a lot of pirated flicks out there (on eBay, etc.) and a good bit of it does comes out of the Far East. Its an ongoing problem that even the Chinese government will never be able to curtail.

And, speaking of China, you mentioned originally that China has a massive market. Massive market, yes, but for these films? Cinema was historically a disposable source of entertainment over there. Is there some big resurgence in the Orient for watching 25 to 50 year old movies?

Ok, so allow me another question. If China is locking up folks for years because of a torrent, what are they doing about these other pirates? One would think if the Chinese gov't was clamping down on piracy, movies would be the last thing on their plate.

Umm, yeah, perhaps before Nixon's visit in '72 but I was previously employed with an importing company for over seven years. We did all our business with companies on the mainland and each year, we'd go to the fairs and visit factories in Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Foshan and other places. Sorry to say but nobody was sitting two hours in customs or had people shadowing us. Granted, China is still a communist state and there is certainly stricter guidelines than many travel destinations but its not like we're talking North Korea here.

In any event, getting off the main discussion here, so if anyone has new news regarding releases, please post whatever info you find. Thanks.

if you have never been china i can tell you its like a fortress you can end up at customs sitting there for 2hrs being asked questions on where your going,who you staying with,there phone number everything you wouldnt imagine happens its not like the media shows china because when you get there its like someone watching you always and more so if your a westerner.

Lol the nixon bit was pretty funny and if you go as a company its a bit more relaxed as an individual not so much and i guess when you go to china people have different expirences.

And it would be nice if any new releases did get released i would like that but while the torrents exsist it spoils the whole thing but lets hope hopefully someone may consider the risk.

There are a couple more DVD releases planned for 2014 that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere...

And these were released earlier this year:

There are a couple more DVD releases planned for 2014 that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere...

And these were released earlier this year:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21574

That's why there's a search engine...

:nerd:

Hero of Shaolin will be released in the UK on DVD (PAL) and VOD on November 10th.

Hero-of-Shaolin-1.jpg

Language: English dubbed

Original Title: Wu Seng

AKA: Guards of Shaolin; Ninja vs Shaolin Guard

Running time: 87 min approx

(It appears to be a widescreen transfer)

Synopsis: A troop of monks from the Shaolin Temple embark on a mission to get the Golden Sutra to Tibet after the Shaolin Abbot is killed by their traitorous teacher. They are joined on their quest by a beautiful female warrior, out to avenge her father’s death. They traverse forests and mountains on their mission, all the while fighting off deadly ninja assassins, vicious gangsters and even the undead.

Hero of Shaolin is directed by Cheung Kei and Dai Che. It stars Taiwan Tae Kwon Do champion Alexander Lo Rei.

Amazon link.

9d1d8417a48f24c0a286cd9bcf1ecb08.jpg

(First mentioned here by Ronin)

Don't know anything about this movie, but I am glad this company seems to have a pretty steady flow of these classics being release.

I recently ordered Shanghai 13 and am stoked to get it!