I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
thekfc

Actors who have never died in their movies (SPOILER ALERT!)

at least in "men from the monastery",other version of "chinatown kid","disciples of shaolin"

he bites dust in "police story" also.+in shaolin avengers too..fu sheng accepts to study iron skin and it needs complete celibacy without blink he says"okay" and only weak point is in rectum,made think a bit about chang chehs sexual orientation:p..well if you have seen MFTM,you know how this movie ends...

I don't mind Seagal all that much, at least not his early work, but his EARLY and quick demise in Executive Decision was unintentionally humorous. I don't even think he landed a single punch or fired a single shot in that film... :)

KFS

Guest Virtual Scott

Gordon Liu, Kuo Choi and David Chiang rarely died (the ratio of lives:dies is skewed heavilly towards the former) in most of their flicks.

Gordon Liu, Kuo Choi and David Chiang rarely died (the ratio of lives:dies is skewed heavilly towards the former) in most of their flicks.

Eh, Morgoth has already debunked that rumor :D

Cliff Lok and Gordon Liu have died, usually when they play villains. Gordon gets killed by Conan Lee with a chainsaw, and he also dies in Shaolin Martial Arts where he played a good guy. Gordon Liu dies in a lot of movies.

Cliff Lok dies in Killer From Above.

ehhh.....dies in vengeance,boxer from shantung,deadly duo,blood brothers,shaolin mantis,bloody tattoo.....

Wow, well that ones off the list :(:P

I don't mind Seagal all that much, at least not his early work, but his EARLY and quick demise in Executive Decision was unintentionally humorous. I don't even think he landed a single punch or fired a single shot in that film... :)

KFS

And the world's a better place for it.

I need to go buy Executive Decision right away, just for that.:D

Guest Virtual Scott

I said 'rarely' but perhaps I should've made it more succinct: in relation to the number of films those cats made, they rarely died in their films. I don't think their is ANY Kung Fu actor who has NEVER died in any of their films, but certainly, in the Shaw stable, the individuals I mentioned above, have a higher lives:dies ratio than the typical kung fu actor.

Meng Fei dosnt die very often, in fact i havent seen a film where he dies! Billy Chong also never dies in his hong kong films at least.

Check out Kingboxer , Meng Fei's first starring role... Kurata and his lackeys take him out not unlike what happened to Ti Lung in Vengeance.

:cool:

Check out Kingboxer.

Great movie, better known as the FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH! You gotta love that title, it's one of the few American renames I like :cool:

Great movie, better known as the FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH! You gotta love that title, it's one of the few American renames I like :cool:

You got the wrong movies mixed up. There's two king boxer movies. The one better known as 5 fingers of death with Lo Lieh and the other one with Meng Fei known as King boxer

King Boxer with Meng Fei and Chen Kuan Tai is a cool film! He dosn't die he just wastes people with a fan! Chen Kuan Tai gets fucked up at the begining! Wilson Tong, Leung Kar Yan and Yip Fei Yang are also in this!

I saw it as Kung Fu Punch of Death. Great title:p:p

Another early film choreographed by the great, Lau Kar Yung.:)

Plenty of Thai boxing here, also. That was the newly reconized fighting style for Asian cinema at the time, it seems.

Others featuring Thai Boxing from this era...

Duel of Fists

The Angry Guest

The Big Boss

The Tattooed Dragon

The Tournament

The Skyhawk

Just a few that come to mind quickly...:rolleyes:

So that choice died. I gotta hear some more, I can't think of any. In fact, could some list the actors that're already realized.

^he entered to buddhist hell at least in "tiger on the beat" and "executioners from shaolin"..

how about Tan Tao Liang?In those 10+movies I have seen he has always survived.

Ummmm...SHOWDOWN IN THE COTTON MILL..he was the villain in that one and I think Toby Chi (Kuan-Chun) killed him if I remember right...I think he also died in THE REVENGER (where he had a co-star role with Ti Lung as the main star), will have to rewatch that one...he also died in GODFATHERS OF FURY, another villain role.