I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jirpy100

Dragon Dynasty

Guest wudawg

And for anyone who cares, I believe this edition contains DTS audio tracks which is a big plus to me. I just might pick up this version. It'll be great to hear it in 5.1 DTS.

Guest morgoth

I have watched the interviews about 5 times now. Even better than the movie! Here is a quote from Rothrock.

"Yuen Kwai was a lot tougher on me than Sammo. I would tell him I don't think I can do this and he would say yes you can, practice here for 2 hours.":)

Guest morgoth

I can't wait to see this movie! And I don't think I have ever seen an interview with Lee Hoi San. Dragon Dynasty is the sh!t.

Guest morgoth

It's not the international cut, it is the darker version.

Like Gfanick said, they also have the 22 minute international ending on the disc as a bonus feature.

Guest fabhui
I think HKL's Project A DVD had an interview with Lee Hoi Sang

It sure did! As well as a demo of Wing Chun's Sil Lim Tao form by the great man!:smokin

Guest Beat TG

alright. I've been quite confused due to many review concerning this DVD but thanks for clearing that up.

Guest theportlykicker

Hey Morgoth, have you watched it with the commentary yet? I rememeber Bey mentioning on the DD site that Yuen Kwai, in fact, didn't choreograph the end fight, or something to that extent. Does he mention who did?

Guest Beat TG

I just came back from watching it. the extras, the picture/audio quality and subs are great and so is the movie (I learned two or more things about cruelty in life).

The only thing disappointing about the DVD is the fact that it doesn't feature these deleted scenes (count out the last two) found in the mandarin version: www.sogoodreviews.com/spe...allery.htm

Guest Chen Zhen

interesting. i always thought that the last fight scene wasnt very consistent with the style of the fights in the rest of the movie....almost like someone else choroegraphed it....not that it matters, cuz its still a kickass scene. did bey explain y sammo did it, and not corey?

Guest morgoth

Unfortunately he doesn't go into exactly why Sammo directed it. he just says something about how in Hong Kong they are all a team.

Guest Markgway

That's extremely common among the Seven Little Fortunes.

Look at Dragons Forever. Some of the fights were directed by Sammo, some by Jackie, some by Yuen Kwai. It is a team effort and the team leader gets the main credit.

Guest The Running Man
I just came back from watching it. the extras, the picture/audio quality and subs are great

The Tai Seng release, which they put out on VHS and laserdisc, has a better English translation.

This translation also can be found on the long OOP Universe DVD.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I'm glad I held on to my double sided Universe disc of this film all these years, it has the Mandarin version on one side and the Cantonese version on the other. The Mandarin version is 2 minutes longer clocking in at 96 minutes.....

Guest Beat TG
The Tai Seng release, which they put out on VHS and laserdisc, has a better English translation.

This translation also can be found on the long OOP Universe DVD.

So that means the DD subs doesn't translate the true meanings? shame.

Guest wudawg

If they did the 5.1 remix right, killer meteor, then it should be pretty cool. But I do have to agree that some of the 5.1 remixes I have encountered so far are pretty bad.

Guest chen lung
Does this have the original English dub, as on the VHS UK release?

Highly doubt it as it was shorter than Chinese prints.