I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jirpy100

Dragon Dynasty

That's actually a nice little sale. I hope it runs all week because, come Thursday (pay day), I may have to pick up some of the stragglers I haven't yet got my grubby hands on. I may also have to double dip on "Shanghai Express" as my original Dragon Dynasty version is in storage in Chicago and I really want to watch it again.

Love for the tech-savvy fans - the upcoming Protector' date=' Fist of Legend, and Seven Swords Blu-Rays are all confirmed 1080p.[/quote']

And we should believe you because?

Anyway:

FIST OF LEGEND, we already have a pretty good idea of what we're getting with this title solely based on the UK release - and it might actually be worth getting, assuming the reported improvements over the DVD version weren't exclusives to the UK edition.

SEVEN SWORDS - This gets a "slow clap", assuming they didn't wreck the existing 1080p transfer (as seen on the HK Blu-ray) that they were almost certainly given in the first place. This release will likely turn out to be praiseworthy in the same sad sort of way that it's praiseworthy when your mostly-senile great-uncle drives to the grocery store and back again without getting lost, shitting his pants, stealing anything, or smashing his great big Sedan DeVille into a van full of nuns.

TOM YUM GOONG - until I hear differently from someone who's not strung out on the DD Kool-Aid, I will continue to assume the wrecked Weinstein Company version is 1080p and the uncut version will be either an upscale from 480p to HD or just an SD presentation of the same materials used for the DVD. Remember: the uncut version is listed as a special feature - this wording is not accidental. These guys parse every syllable very carefully - see also "THE KILLER isn't a PAL to NTSC conversion", a statement which is both technically true and totally misleading.

EDIT - Well I'll be damned! Based on this, I suppose the "slow clap" I'd been saving for SEVEN SWORDS can get pulled out early. The nuns, it seem, were spared, and Uncle's pants are unsoiled and free of stolen candy bars.