I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Iron_Jinon

Tom Yum Goong / The Protector (US) / Warrior King (UK) (2005)

50 minutes ago, chenzen said:

So this may be the dumbest post I ever make but hear me out lol. 

So I first saw Tony Jaa's the protector on Amazon instant video a few years ago. It was the American cut. A year later I bought the u.s Blu-ray which has the Thai cut and the U.S cut. So I remember a character in the Amazon instant video version who was Tony Jaa's friend in the movie. He lived in the same village in the begining and he gets kidnaped and later on coming to find out is responsible for his elephant getting stolen.

The problem is I can't find any scenes with this character online or anywhere! It was in the Amazon video version but not in my Blu-ray. My brother also vividly remembers the character. I know I am not delusional ,so does anyone else remember this character? I can't even find a summary online that mentions the character. Is this the Mandella effect? Or am I just not researching hard enough?

Hi @chenzen...I've seen both the original version and the US version as well, and can confirm there's definitely no additional character from Jaa's village that gets kidnapped.  Could you be mixing it up with the sequel?  (I've also seen this one, but it was so bad I blocked it from my memory)

16 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Hi @chenzen...I've seen both the original version and the US version as well, and can confirm there's definitely no additional character from Jaa's village that gets kidnapped.  Could you be mixing it up with the sequel?  (I've also seen this one, but it was so bad I blocked it from my memory)

I think OAB is right, definitely no such scene in the original but in the sequel there is a guy in the village at the start that Jaa interacts with demonstrating some crappy inventions he's come up with that then appears later in the movie and the suggestion is that he was bribed or forced in some way to assist the bad guys. Like a lot of plot points in those movies it's not really explored very well so it's quite vague in what way he was helping the baddies and why.

Weird I always thought he was in the first one lol I guess I did get it mixed up with the the second one. It's so weird though I swore that guy was in the first one I watched. Thank you guys for helping me remember properly lol( I have also only seen part 2 once)

Edited by chenzen