I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

TheKungFuRobber

Angry Rant: You Know What's Bullshit? Blu Ray Encryption

I'm tired of this complete bullshit. I bought myself a blu ray drive for my PC many years ago and I never got to use it. Blu ray encryption is the biggest assload of fuck I've ever come across. I just wanted to watch blu ray movies on my PC. I didn't buy a blu ray player, because I never saw the need for one. So I got the thing installed only to find that almost none of the movies I bought on blu ray would even play, and eventually I tried looking for software to play blu rays with. I find DVDFab. $300 dollars to play a disc! Of course I wasn't going to pay for it, so I did what everyone in the world does and tried finding a cracked copy. After a lot of long searching across the web I came across a copy which worked, I was over the moon. Then after two months it wouldn't let me use the fuckin program because it expected me to update it, I had no luck finding a copy that works. So I decided hey, well I am going to buy a blu ray player. After eventually getting a cheap region B player (cheap meaning nearly $70), I find that no Cinavia encoded blu rays will play either or any of my Region A discs. I said to myself, fuck this. There has to be a way forward, where I can have just one fuckin device which plays my shitting movies. So eventually I looked on the internet again for a Region Free player, and after having spent another $150 dollars getting a player from the States I find that the box has been opened and the player is beat up as hell, and the fuckin thing doesn't even work. I can't send it back now. I wasted so much fucking money on this technology. It's the biggest pile of steaming dog shit I've ever come across. All I wanted to do was watch my movies and even that is too fucking difficult. About 70% of my Region B movies play in the player I have and the other player doesn't work. So much for getting things to play on my PC though. Fucking highway robbery altogether. Why the fuck should I need three different machines to watch my films?

So what do I do now? Anyone who plays blu rays on their PC with any luck, if you can offer any advice at this point it would be much appreciated. I wasted so much fucking money on this format already. I just want to watch my movies.

Saving  to a hard drive and an Oppo player connected to the TV? All these blu rays and regions are so people can't share things. Now, the goal is to not even have DVD's, blu rays or whatever and just have to pay a bunch of subscriptions to see movies and shows.The goal of our corporate overlords is that we rent everything. Even home ownership is designed so that most people in the USA "buy" a house, pay a bunch of interest and have to sell it again so they can pay their medical bills. Anyway, rant over. Good luck. My Sony only plays certain things, I just use the Oppo now.

Thankfully I can get 90% of movies to play on my PC in Leawo Blu Ray Player, which is free. Can't rip them or anything and menus don't always work but it's better than nothing.

I noticed my Lenovo computer's disk drive acted like a region free device, I never had to change the region to watch R1 or R2 disks. I figured it would be awesome because I wouldn't need to go look for programs to get around the limitation on region changes under Windows, but it turns out I have several DVDs my player doesn't recognize and it acts as if empty. Thought there was some issue with a disc or the player, but it seems like it's a "normal feature" from what I can read here. 

@NoKUNGFUforYU Noticed the "on-demand" aspect was heavily underlined - hell, my parents' Internet subscription is such that they can watch TV but also rent movies or binge-watch shows via a provider's device. Between this kind of stuff and the overexposure of Netflix (seriously, this thing is all over the place), the physical medium is already getting badly hurt and the fact some players won't always play the DVD or BD you want to watch is another nail in the coffin from the industry themselves...

Best and most cheapest solution to that irrating problem I found was to get power supply and buy region A player no need to spend extra money for multiregion as have B already. Very uncomplicated to order new one if/when A gets broken eventually and lot less funds need to be forked for new one not to mention lot easier to find new player. ~€150 for multiregion in amazon(+shipping of course) or 3-4 times that for oppo is not very tempting as there is still very limited amount of A discs even if include horror titles to be owned. Specially if need to buy new player between some years...

The  movie industry sucks in this regard especially since the video game industry has gone region free. Also, why do all BR players now come with Wifi and a ton of streaming apps I will never use? 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:51 PM, TheKungFuRobber said:

So eventually I looked on the internet again for a Region Free player, and after having spent another $150 dollars getting a player from the States I find that the box has been opened and the player is beat up as hell, and the fuckin thing doesn't even work.

Sounds like you answered your own problem, invest in a multi-region Blu-ray player.  I live in Australia and bought mine off the high street for AU$80 (about US$55) last year, to replace the one I'd owned for the past 5 years.  Both players played everything.  Sounds like the real frustration here is that the one you ordered was damaged in the post.

I see that I'm not the only one to have problems with my players. Now that both my portable dvds and Blu rays players are dead, I can only use my computer to watch my discs and, as someone said, sometimes the computer says that the discs are empty, whatever player is used (MPHC, VLC, Roxio for the vcds, Windows Média Player), and Leawo doesn't play all Blu rays, or play them without any sound for the German ones, and the mouse doesn't work with it !!

I'm telling you, companies are owned by the same people. Sony makes movies and Blu Ray players. Why let anyone own anything? Just force them to rent, well everything.

8 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I'm telling you, companies are owned by the same people. Sony makes movies and Blu Ray players. Why let anyone own anything? Just force them to rent, well everything.

Large companies from food, soft drinks and tech, can all by owned by one person. Del Monte and Roundtree's being two big examples. Often giving consumer's the false impression they've got a choice. While the profit all goes to a single person/group.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, DragonClaws said:

Large companies from food, soft drinks and tech, can all by owned by one person. Del Monte and Roundtree's being two big examples. Often giving consumer's the false impression they've got a choice. While the profit all goes to a single person/group.

You know what makes me happy? Coca cola. It's very bad for you, produced by a scumbag company is the only company in the world legally allowed to touch coca leaves but it's very sweet and unlike any other drink. I'd take a coca cola any day over a beer. Anyway, I limit myself to one a week. Enjoy it more that way.

Edited by TheKungFuRobber